Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 02-22-2019, 01:47 PM   #1
torpidbeaver
Major Leagues

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
OOtP 20 or 21 Trade Menu QoL TLC Suggestions

Few things I'd love to see implemented, tiny time-savers and tweaks that'd make finding trades a little less frustrating (for me, anyway).

1. A "Copy This Trade" Button – When I'm offering package deals to teams and trying to compare relative trade value of those packages, it'd save a ton of time to have a "copy this package" button. The amount of time and headache saved, avoiding having to page through minor league levels all while trying to remember which players I'd offered, would be significant. Currently, I keep a pen and pad handy when making trades.

2. Mouse Over for Specific Positional Rankings Pop-Up – This one's way lower on the "how useful this'd be" chart, but when making trades, I like having as much info as possible. I usually go back and forth between the Trade Screen and the Positional Rankings Report menu page to get a better sense of who'll need my backup catcher. The color-coded Positional Rankings is already great, but I'd love the option to mouse over the colored buttons to see the specific numeric rank they currently hold for each position.

2a. More Mouse-Over-for-Deeper-Dives Pop-Ups, in General – I love when a player's stat line is colored red, signifying he's in the top-10 of players for whatever particular statistic is highlighted. It's a cool, elegant way to show that one of my players did something unique. But it'd be even better to take it one step further and be able to mouse over that highlighted stat to get a little pop-up that tells me what position within the top-10 he was.

3. Filter Out Recent Draftees Toggle, or Recent Draftees Highlight/Marker – I'd like there to be a way to remove players who'd been drafted within the previous year from the trade screen. It's frustrating to have to drag and drop players over and over to find out their trade eligibility. Maybe a toggle is too much, though, so perhaps a ° mark or a € mark (in the same vein as the "eligible for Rule 5 Draft #-mark" or the "Has a 40-Man Contract *-mark" would work better.
torpidbeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 02:43 PM   #2
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

I do like the #3 option the most
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 02:39 AM   #3
malichai11
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpidbeaver View Post

1. A "Copy This Trade" Button – When I'm offering package deals to teams and trying to compare relative trade value of those packages, it'd save a ton of time to have a "copy this package" button. The amount of time and headache saved, avoiding having to page through minor league levels all while trying to remember which players I'd offered, would be significant. Currently, I keep a pen and pad handy when making trades.

This is simply brilliant. I keep a notepad open to do it and then have to drag and drop all over again.
malichai11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 12:51 PM   #4
wallewalls
All Star Reserve

Yeah I have to keep a pad of paper beside me so I can remember what im offering different teams, what players I want to shop or whatever
wallewalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 08:12 PM   #5
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallewalls View Post
Yeah I have to keep a pad of paper beside me so I can remember what im offering different teams, what players I want to shop or whatever

just go to pending trades page and no more writing down on paper
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 05:05 PM   #6
LegalEagle80
Minors (Double A)

These are great ideas. I'd love #1 on its own, but everything is very useful. One of my biggest peeves is having to manually re-add my players every time I change the other team with which I'm looking to trade.
LegalEagle80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 05:35 PM   #7
torpidbeaver
Major Leagues

Found another one I'd love to see added:

The ability to right-click out of Compare Players screens. I'm not sure why we can't do that at the moment.
torpidbeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 04:05 PM   #8
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

you can compare recently viewed players side by side. if not right click, then it's the available actions menu.

also,

#3 -- expanded filtering. ratings and defense ratings etc..

about the comparing... upto 3 lines of data per player possible -- name, financial (like retaining salary line that is only visible when needed) and then a line of ratings. more info... lots of white space available, anyway.

the text feedback area could be cannibalized a bit. it's just a sentence or two, anyway. could show the details of corrently highlighted player in trade or list in that area as opposed to always visible.

and, knowing is half the battle!

Last edited by NoOne; 03-05-2019 at 04:11 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 04:58 PM   #9
wallewalls
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nster View Post
just go to pending trades page and no more writing down on paper
no i mean i never press "submit this trade". im just looking for different players to trade for and i find package A, package B, package C and I have to write down what i would give up in each of those scenarios
wallewalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 07:42 PM   #10
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Multi Team Trades and Trade Machine like ESPN's one.
Old 03-06-2019, 07:33 AM   #11
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallewalls View Post
no i mean i never press "submit this trade". im just looking for different players to trade for and i find package A, package B, package C and I have to write down what i would give up in each of those scenarios
Screenshot it
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote