Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 04-08-2018, 12:35 AM   #1
Philly71
Bat Boy

Have to 'run as administrator' to get it to work on my sons profile

Windows 10
OOTP 19 (just purchased)

I bought the game for my 11 yo son to put on his laptop. I am the admin on his pc and I installed the game under my profile to get it installed. It runs fine for me, but when he logs in to run it, it doesn't appear to be activated, and won't let him use the activation code.

If he right-clicks and selects 'run as administrator' and I put my admin pw in, it will opens and plays as if already activated (he did not have to put the activation code back in).

This is not ideal, as I don't want to give him the admin pw, and he wants to be able to play when I'm not around. So, any solutions for how I can fix this?

Thanks!
Philly71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 01:52 AM   #2
drhay53
Major Leagues

I would say the easiest thing is probably to install it from his account, although I've never really done anything like this
drhay53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 01:56 AM   #3
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

user account access or level? turn that crap off it just creates a pain.

this assumes you don't misuse a computer and get it infected constantly with viruses... in very few instances you should leave it on.. e.g. i have a mentally disabled cousin that definitely needs this left on because he installs malicious software constantly and this helps prevent it.

young children or someone completely foreign to computers are also 2 good examples to leave UAC on. if they know not to click ads and install random software, it's all good.

first link in google search: plenty of the 'same' info all over if you do your own google search too. if this isn't clear try another one.

https://winaero.com/blog/how-to-turn...in-windows-10/

EDIT: also, don't install to "program files" or your "user" directories and the like.. those are OS-owned directories, for lack of proper vocabulary. make a new directory named "Games" or "apps" etc and install stuff to that directory from now on. it has to do with security permissions that most dn't want to get into or care to learn about... it's boring stuff and i can understand why.

Last edited by NoOne; 04-08-2018 at 01:58 AM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 02:18 PM   #4
markazali
Bat Boy

Glad I found this. I updated my shortcut to run as admin. I had issues with connecting to the service prior. I wish there was as way to know if there's a new build too... I hope this is a feature of version 2020.
markazali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 05:45 PM   #5
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

running programs as an administrator isn't as innocent as it seems.

it's better to figure out why win10 is having a hissy-fit and fix it. anything malicious injected intot hat exe can do all sorts of extra damage, if admin level rights.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote