Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > FHM 3 - Dynasty Reports

FHM 3 - Dynasty Reports Talk about your FHM dynasties here!

Old 11-05-2016, 05:37 AM   #1
Skadhauge
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Edmonton Oilers, the Team of all the Macs

So in this, my third PtG, game I really set out to get the "Nationalism" achievement by field an entirely Canadian Oilers team.
But while trying to off-load Andrey Sekera I dared to dream of Nathan MacKinnon and the idea of a team of Macs was born.

Now I ended up paying dearly for MacKinnon as the Avs wasn't satisfied with a straight swap with Sekera (?), so I added Jesse Puljujärvi and my 2017 first round pick. So with that in mind I intent to keep tabs on how everyone involved in that deal shakes out. With MacKinnon on board to complement McDavid I went back to Denver to get Cody McLeod - again, it got quite expensive as I was deeply committed and lacked the patience to put together a decent trade.

Anyways, here's my transactions and my opening night roster:

*"The Team of all the Macs" is a reference to my favorite football team Liverpool FC, who early on in the 1890's were largely dependent on Scottish players

Last edited by Skadhauge; 11-05-2016 at 05:44 AM.
Skadhauge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 07:54 AM   #2
Skadhauge
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I tanked it!

I don't know if it's my insistence on playing 80' firewagon hockey, constant line changes or flat out crummy goaltending but after my first 10 games I've an embarrassing record of 1-8-1!

I might not be the best thing to happen to the Oilers since Wayne Gretzky

After my shocking start I'm not sharing stats on this update, except one.
Jordan Eberle somehow managed to have a hand in roughly 60% of my goals and is third in the league with 12 points
Old 11-06-2016, 11:26 AM   #3
Skadhauge
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I moved Jordan Eberle to LW on the first line, I stopped changing the lines after that (my assistant know nothing) and I told Cam Talbot that I still believed in him (well, I would if it was a feature in the game). And it worked!

I improved to 6-10-4 and I even got a shutout against the reputable Chicago Blackhawks.

So, here's a short look at the three Macs after 20 games.

McDavid benefitted from getting Eberle on his left and has at least a point in 9 of the last 10 games. He has 4 and 16 assists in 20 games and his GR is up to 70 for the season.

Nathan MacKinnon is on the right wing on that first line, but while he has improved with Eberle, he is still quite a disappointment, especially with the hefty price in mind. He has 4 goals and 4 assists in 17 games and his GR is at 58.

Cody McLeod mostly plays LW on the 4 line and has limited minutes per game. A goal and an assist in 20 games is not something to brag about and with his history I do expect a few more goals. Even more surprising is that he only has 1 fight (which he won) and merely 9 penalty minutes - that might require a bit of tinkering.

League leaders:
Goals
S. Stamkos (15)
M. Duchene (12)
J. Eberle (12)

Assists
J. Carlson (18)
J. Abdelkader (16)
M. Duchene (16)

M. Duchene (28)
J. Eberle (25)

Wins
B. Bishop (12)
S. Varlamov (11)
M. Fleury (10)

GAA (minimum 10 games played)
J. Allen (1.92)
J. Halak (1.94)
P. Mrázek (2.01)

Shutouts
J. Enroth (6)
C. Crawford (4)
J. Gibson (3)

Notable events: M. Duchene is currently on a 15 game scoring streak... Ducks trade S. Vatanen to Montreal for A. Radulov, D. Thrower and a 7 round pick... Installed a facepack, but didn't get it to work properly and removed it again...
Old 11-10-2016, 04:24 PM   #4
Skadhauge
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I hit the halfway mark of the first season and I'm now 19-16-6 for 44 points. I'm only fifth in the Pacific division, but with my recent good form I'm still cautiously optimistic.

There's no runaway team in the league, but the San Jose Sharks are number one at the moment with a record of 26-9-5

State of the Macs after 41 games.

McDavid is having a good sophomore year in the NHL, he is on 20 goals, 31 assists for 51 points in 41. He's behind Eberle in both goals and assists, but he does have 6 game winners, 4 more than Eberle.

MacKinnons bad form continued and as a consequence, I moved him to the second line. He has improved slightly to 10 goals and 12 assists in 38 games, but that's still pretty disappointing. Somehow his GR at 62 is 1 better than Eberles, so I guess he does some good defensive work.

McLeod is quietly doing... not much really. He is averaging 7 minutes a game and has 4 points in 41 games. Even with the role of 'punishing forward' he still has only 14 penalty minutes - there must have been something in that Denver air.

League leaders:
Goals
S. Stamkos (26)
J. Pavelski (23)
J. Eberle (21)

Assists
M. Duchene (33)
J. Eberle (33)
S. Crosby (32)

J. Eberle (54)
C. McDavid (51)

Wins
H. Lundqvist (23)
S. Varlamov (22)
B. Bishop (21)

GAA (minimum 10 games played)
R. Lehner (1.87)
M. Mazanec (1.93)
B. Bishop (2.01)

Shutouts
J. Enroth (7)
R. Lehner (5)
J. Gibson (5)

Notable event: ... Patrick Laine had his rookie season ruined as he is out indefinitely with a concussion...
Old 12-01-2016, 03:01 AM   #5
Skadhauge
Minors (Rookie Ball)

End of the regular season
Certainly in light of how the season started it proved to be somewhat successful. I ended up with a 41-32-9 record and the 91 points gave me a 3rd place in the Pacific Division, 4th in the West.

My two prominent scorers this season, McDavid and Eberle, ended 6th and 7th in the scoring race their production tailed off a bit and a few guys, like Pavelski and Duchene went on long streaks.

No sophomore slump for Connor McDavid as he ended his second NHL season with 90 points in 82 games (37 goals, 53 assists) and a GR of 72

Nathan MacKinnon did settle into a nice rhythm as 2nd line center and ended the season with 57 points in 79 games and had a career-high 27 goals. I do want to try him on 1st line wing again next year as I want to utilize his speed with McDavids playmaking, but let's see how free agency pans out.

Cody McLeod is a bit-part player in me offensive scheme, where there doesn't seem to be room for a scrapper. He ended with 11 points in 82 games, which is on par with former seasons, but he only had 41 PMs, which is less than half what he had in 48 games in 12/13. Only 3 fights all year - am I missing a setting somewhere?

League leaders:
Goals
J. Pavelski (54)
C. Perry (42)
R. Nash (40)

Assists
R. O'Reily (66)
M. Duchene (62)
S. Crosby (58)

M. Duchene (93)
J. Tavares (91)

Goalie leaders I didn't have time to update these, but I'll throw in a screenshot when I get home.

Notable events: ...some dudes remastered Skyrim, which let the Oilers GM to abandon his team for a while, reports indicate he 'got it out of his system'... Joe Pavleski had a league high 20 game point streak late in the season...
Old 12-01-2016, 10:42 AM   #6
Skadhauge
Minors (Rookie Ball)

As promised...