Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 17 - Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 17 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 06-25-2016, 02:30 PM   #1
markprior22
All Star Starter

Setting up league website

Really hoping someone can help me with this. I signed up for the website package offered by Fidel Montoya (AllSimBaseball). I've tried getting this answer via email and forums but haven't had any luck.

I can access the forums just fine using my commish login and password.

However, when I go to the website, I'm not able to log in with commish, admin or anything. Even though I'm commissioner of the league, do I need to set up a "basic" user profile to be able to use the site? Will I be able to make changes (i.e. different graphics, etc)? Seems like you would need to have commish rights to do those things.

I know some folks out there use this software. I would really appreciate any advice you can give me.
markprior22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 03:16 PM   #2
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

your log in for your website administration should be the same as the forum administration

you should be able to access it through

yourwebsite.com/administrator/

yourwebsite = the url of your home page
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino

Last edited by Painmantle; 06-25-2016 at 03:17 PM.
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 05:03 PM   #3
markprior22
All Star Starter

Thanks for your efforts. When I tried to login, it said my user name or password was wrong or I didn't have an account.

I tried setting up an account but it said the associated email address already had an account.

Clicked on "forgot username" and was sent an email saying user name is commish. So that's all good.

Tried the password I use to access the forum with commish user name and got the same message as listed above. So I tried clicking on "forgot password" and received message "A Super User can't request a password reminder. Please contact another Super User or use an alternative method."

The commish account is the only account set up at this time so I don't have another Super User and I don't know what they mean by alternative method. I wrote my password down and am able to log in to the forum just fine with it. I figured the PW would be the same for forum and site.

This is so frustrating because I'm sure it's something simple.
Old 06-25-2016, 05:12 PM   #4
captaincoop17
All Star Reserve

I believe they are different login credentials for the regular account and the admin account.

Check the txt file Fidel sent you, I think it's at the bottom or top.
captaincoop17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 07:16 PM   #5
markprior22
All Star Starter

I don't know. The only emails I have are one that says payment received...your site is under construction. I received another later that said "Useful information regarding the phpBB software can be found in the docs folder of your installation and on phpBB.com's support page -https://www.phpbb.com/support/"

I think this is just for the forum isn't it? There is no text file to be found anywhere and I can't find any files on my PC for AllSimBaseball or phpbb. The support site referenced deals with the forum and explains different settings, etc. I think that's completely separate from the site.

I checked my spam and trash folders (haven't permanently deleted anything in months) and the only other relevant email is from Paypal.

I'll keep trying to contact Fidel. Seems like something is missing.

Edit-Did find php files in the temp folder. Didn't see anything that looks like it will help my situation.

Last edited by markprior22; 06-25-2016 at 07:33 PM.
Old 06-25-2016, 09:54 PM   #6
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

did you get an e-mail with the subject Your site is ready! that should have a text file attached to it with all your info

The login password should be the same for your Forum, Website and export tracker admin. Are you copy and pasting the password in? if so make sure you are not copying the space next to the actual password and you are only copying the actual characters. A common mistake is to have an additional space to the left or right of the password and if this is the case it will fail cause it will include the space in the password when pasted.
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino

Last edited by Painmantle; 06-25-2016 at 11:13 PM.
Old 06-26-2016, 08:01 AM   #7
Winnipeg59
All Star Starter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQv9iARmUFI

Should still apply for the most part?
Winnipeg59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 10:23 AM   #8
markprior22
All Star Starter

Thanks for the link...I'll check it out. If I did receive that email, I sure don't know where it went. None of the emails I found have any attachments. Like I said, I haven't permanently deleted any emails for a long time. Anyone know a good contact for Fidel? I've tried Fidel AT montoyahome.com but haven't gotten any response.
Old 06-26-2016, 11:43 AM   #9
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by markprior22 View Post
Thanks for the link...I'll check it out. If I did receive that email, I sure don't know where it went. None of the emails I found have any attachments. Like I said, I haven't permanently deleted any emails for a long time. Anyone know a good contact for Fidel? I've tried Fidel AT montoyahome.com but haven't gotten any response.

Mark, I sent you a PM
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Old 06-29-2016, 08:13 PM   #10
markprior22
All Star Starter

I am so frustrated with the lack of response. I feel like I just wasted 80.00+. This guy had several veteran players vouching for him and I can't believe he won't answer any of my correspondence. The base problem has been determined...I don't have the website is ready email (I have the one for the forum being ready). I am 99% certain I never received it. I don't remember seeing any emails with the text links, etc shown in the youtube video. Thanks to all who tried to help. I do appreciate it.
Old 06-29-2016, 10:43 PM   #11
captaincoop17
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by markprior22 View Post
I am so frustrated with the lack of response. I feel like I just wasted 80.00+. This guy had several veteran players vouching for him and I can't believe he won't answer any of my correspondence. The base problem has been determined...I don't have the website is ready email (I have the one for the forum being ready). I am 99% certain I never received it. I don't remember seeing any emails with the text links, etc shown in the youtube video. Thanks to all who tried to help. I do appreciate it.
Maybe try responding to the email that the forum was ready? I'm not sure what else to tell you, that's really unlike Fidel to not respond.

I'll shoot him a dumb email and see if there's a response.

You could also try PMing him. He could be on vacation too?

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...f-montoya.html
captaincoop17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 10:24 AM   #12
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

If you never received the "Your Site is ready" e-mail after receiving the "Your site is under construction" e-mail, then maybe he simply isn't receiving your e-mails. I have used Fidel's services for 3 years and he has never, not responded to my inquiries. There has to be something going on here.
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Old 07-01-2016, 01:20 PM   #13
markprior22
All Star Starter

Hey guys...thank you so much for listening to my whining . Apparently there are issues between our emails and he hadn't received any of my communication. We now have it squared away via PM. Really appreciate all the help...this is a great community. Everyone have a great holiday weekend!

Last edited by markprior22; 07-01-2016 at 01:24 PM.