Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 06-06-2016, 06:32 PM   #1
MHellyer
Minors (Rookie Ball)

How do I end a game so that it saves?

OK, I haven't played much, and now this has happened several times.

I am replaying a season, I complete a game. Next time I open OOTP17 to play the next game, the last game I played isn't saved, nor is the fun recap write-up, and I'm scheduled to play the same game again.

What is the proper way to end a game so that the next time I play it will be the next game? Do I need to do a Save action after every game?

Thanks,
MHellyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 06:37 PM   #2
StanfordBerkely
Minors (Single A)

Yeah man. Go up to File, click Save Game.
StanfordBerkely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 06:55 PM   #3
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHellyer View Post

I am replaying a season, I complete a game. Next time I open OOTP17 to play the next game, the last game I played isn't saved, nor is the fun recap write-up, and I'm scheduled to play the same game again.

What is the proper way to end a game so that the next time I play it will be the next game? Do I need to do a Save action after every game?

Thanks,
Each time you exit OOTP your league file is automatically saved. From your description it sounds like a forced exit like ctrl alt delete. Since that isn't likely because you'd know, can you describe your actions step wise once a played out game is finished through the exit and file save from OOTP (visible to you) occurs.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 08:17 PM   #4
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Thanks,
Are you going to File - Exit OOTP or are you clicking the X in the top right corner?
Attached Images
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 08:34 PM   #5
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Either one works. Clicking x gives what you see below and clicking yes exits normally.
Attached Images

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 11:02 PM   #6
seven
All Star Reserve

Quote:

Thanks,
One possibility is that you quit the program before the full set of games for a particular day has been played. In an earlier version of OOTP, trying to save when only some scheduled games for a particular have been played caused some problems. So I recommend ensuring that all games for a given day have been played before saving or quitting.
seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 12:10 AM   #7
MHellyer
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks!

Thanks for all your suggestions!

I'm guessing the one that seems to fit best with what I've been doing is that I haven't clicked to have all the games completed that are playing that day before I File-Exit or click X to exit the program.

I wonder why it is necessary to play or auto-play all the games in a day in order for the game I've just completed to save. But, I think that must be it as I've tried about everything else but I haven't clicked to be sure the other games have been played.

I've lost a handful of games I've played all the way thru and that's been disappointing, so at least now I have an idea of how I should be completing a day's games before exiting the program.

Thanks, everyone!
Mike
MHellyer is offline   Reply With Quote