Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 01-04-2016, 07:40 PM   #1261
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschinner View Post
Yes, there is fighting. See thread below.
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...enforcers.html

I am not sure if you can turn it off.

I think FHM is a good game for a hockey novice compared to EHM. EHM has such a steep learning curve. That's just my 2 cents.
Thanks. Oh well. I strongly dislike fighting in hockey, and if you can't turn it off, I guess this is not the game for me.
Cultural icons, gone but not forgotten: David Bowie, Lou Reed, William S. Burroughs, Tristan Tzara, Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsburg, Jimi Hendrix, John Cage, Johnny Thunders (New York Dolls), Mike Hudson (The Pagans), Joey Ramone (Ramones), Stiv Bators (Dead Boys), Tomata Du Plenty (The Screamers), Joe Strummer (The Clash), Lester Bangs
Antonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 08:21 PM   #1262
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonin View Post
Thanks. Oh well. I strongly dislike fighting in hockey, and if you can't turn it off, I guess this is not the game for me.
You can control the average penalties and I'm sure eventually it will be a rule where fighting is either allowed or disallowed in the FHM but is currently not in this version. The KHL does not allow fighting the last time i checked.

Don't allow that one small aspect to change your opinion. It certainly helps if you're a hockey fan but if you're just a fan of sport text sims then you'll learn. If you go by the players GR (Game rating) for his performance, then you can learn the game pretty quickly.
Old 01-05-2016, 06:27 AM   #1263
pens66
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
You can control the average penalties and I'm sure eventually it will be a rule where fighting is either allowed or disallowed in the FHM but is currently not in this version. The KHL does not allow fighting the last time i checked.
No league allows fighting ;-) But in the KHL it's five minutes only, like in most North American leagues.
While we're at it again: I'd still like to know when the penalties for fighting in the European leagues will be corrected in FHM...
pens66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 08:12 PM   #1264
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post

Don't allow that one small aspect to change your opinion. It certainly helps if you're a hockey fan but if you're just a fan of sport text sims then you'll learn. If you go by the players GR (Game rating) for his performance, then you can learn the game pretty quickly.
Thanks for your reply. I don't know what the KHL is. Anyway, from other FHM threads here it appears that "enforcers" and fighting are a big part of many fans' enjoyment of the sport. I'm just not interested even slightly in that aspect of hockey...I would be *very* interested in this game if you could turn fighting off.

I don't remember fighting being such a big part of hockey back in the early 1970s, when I last watched the game regularly on TV. But perhaps my memory is faulty.

In FHM, do you actually see players fighting when you play out games? Does the game keep track of fights?
Cultural icons, gone but not forgotten: David Bowie, Lou Reed, William S. Burroughs, Tristan Tzara, Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsburg, Jimi Hendrix, John Cage, Johnny Thunders (New York Dolls), Mike Hudson (The Pagans), Joey Ramone (Ramones), Stiv Bators (Dead Boys), Tomata Du Plenty (The Screamers), Joe Strummer (The Clash), Lester Bangs
Old 01-06-2016, 06:41 AM   #1265
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

Did league scoring go up since the last update back in November?
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 04:29 PM   #1266
cmoe21
Bat Boy

I'm sure this has been asked an answered, but I don't have time to look for it right now, but if I am doing a historical mode and don't draft myself, do the teams just get the players they drafted in real life each offseason?

I started a save where I didn't have drafting on but stopped doing it in the first offseason when I realized I couldn't draft for myself and started one where I could draft instead.
cmoe21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 01:30 AM   #1267
Glacie
Bat Boy

Hello. I've only been playing FHM2 for a week or so now and I have a couple of questions.

1) Where can I view scouted players? Not just for the upcoming draft (those too), but for any region. How do I know how many of the players in that region I've scouted? I saw a post prior that had a section on the 'Home' page to view the upcoming draft players, but that option doesn't seem to exist for me (or my screen isn't big enough to display it, 1280x1024).

2) Whenever I check a player's profile from a list (Contracts, Draft, Free agents, etc.) the list has scrolled up when I return. Sometimes its scrolled all the way back to the top which is especially annoying when I'm comparing players further down the list. Is there a way to keep it at the same 'level' when returning from viewing a player's profile/stats?

3) Is there any way to prevent the AI from assigning players to your NHL team? I have it set to let me control Roster Moves while the AI does the Lines, Tactics and Training. Despite this nearly every time a player is injured or traded the AI automatically brings up a player from the AHL.

4) Is there a 'Wants' list for trades? Or any way to encourage the AI to offer specific types of players (and picks, esp.) in trades?

5) Is there any way to disable scouting reports from breaking auto-play? I've resorted to letting the AI do the scouting because it takes a looong time to set 20+ scouts. Unfortunately it seems like the AI always sets them to report back every week.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide!

Last edited by Glacie; 01-08-2016 at 01:32 AM.
Glacie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 08:48 AM   #1268
jpsyr
Bat Boy

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonin View Post
Thanks for your reply. I don't know what the KHL is. Anyway, from other FHM threads here it appears that "enforcers" and fighting are a big part of many fans' enjoyment of the sport. I'm just not interested even slightly in that aspect of hockey...I would be *very* interested in this game if you could turn fighting off.

I don't remember fighting being such a big part of hockey back in the early 1970s, when I last watched the game regularly on TV. But perhaps my memory is faulty.

In FHM, do you actually see players fighting when you play out games? Does the game keep track of fights?
The KHL is in Russia and is where washed up enforcers go if they weren't from Quebec. If they are from Quebec, they go play in the LNAH which is in Quebec and has a rule that all of it's players must have at one time or another, played in that province

Fighting in the 70's was far more a part of the game than it is today where it has been greatly diminished, the historical seasons reflect that when you play them.

You don't actually see a fight. If you are watching the simulation, you simply read the description and read the outcome. If you speed up the play by play, you won't even see that. Or, you can choose to not watch the sim and just generate the games result, and look at the score sheet to see what happened. In any event, there are no fights to see. The game does keep track of all types of penalties, from minors to majors to misconducts and game misconducts. Those are found on the stats page and have to be selected in order to view them. in fact, all stats need to be selected from your roster screen in order to see them. There is another way to see them, but you have to click on various tabs that aren't labeled as stats...This is something I wish they would correct, allow the user to set the stats screen as his default for his team instead of the biography screen. anyway, get the game, you'll like it

Jack
jpsyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 07:46 PM   #1269
josephyw
Minors (Single A)

I've been noticing young free agents who are scouted to an A-rating before being added to the line-up that are dropping a half-star to star rating during their initial seasons. They never show up negatively on the development report, so I'm not sure what's happening.

Is this a feature?
josephyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 09:05 AM   #1270
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsyr View Post
The KHL is in Russia and is where washed up enforcers go if they weren't from Quebec. If they are from Quebec, they go play in the LNAH which is in Quebec and has a rule that all of it's players must have at one time or another, played in that province

Fighting in the 70's was far more a part of the game than it is today where it has been greatly diminished, the historical seasons reflect that when you play them.

You don't actually see a fight. If you are watching the simulation, you simply read the description and read the outcome....
Jack
Thank you very much for your reply. May I ask how often fights occur? I remember looking through another FHM2 thread about "enforcers," and I got the impression that fights and "enforcers" are very important to many people who play FHM2.

If "enforcers" are an important part of the game that's OK, but it's not an aspect of hockey that appeals to me.

Maybe I'm confused about what today's hockey actually is. It's just that every time I see a commercial for hockey on TV, one of the things they show is players fighting.

Last edited by Antonin; 01-10-2016 at 09:08 AM.
Old 01-10-2016, 11:03 AM   #1271
BlackIce
All Star Reserve

Has anyone had much success in changing player roles that arn't baked into the database ? And have you had much success with this happiness bug floating around and turning all those frowns upside down as player development becomes skewed with the training affiliation related to moods ?
BlackIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 11:18 AM   #1272
jpsyr
Bat Boy

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
I have found while playing modern day rosters, that whatever team I choose to manage, I don't see a fight happen much more than 1 every couple of games. If I go back and play something from the late 70's, I might see 1 per game on average. You can, if you want, go in to each player and edit his fighting and aggression ratings lowering them to 0, while at the same time, raising temperament to it's highest setting. that will pretty much ensure nobody fights

I think why it matters so much to people, is that we are stats geeks..it isn't so much that we want fights for the sake of fights, it's more that we want to generate accurate statistics for all facets of the game.
jpsyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 01:00 PM   #1273
JJ Lehto
Minors (Single A)

If you have Paul Baxter in your team, he will fight a couple of times per game and gather over 500 penalty minutes in a season.
JJ Lehto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 06:45 PM   #1274
pens66
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Lehto View Post
If you have Paul Baxter in your team, he will fight a couple of times per game and gather over 500 penalty minutes in a season.
Which is exactly why that other thread ('Enforcers') exists... there's WAY too many fights in historical games.
pens66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 08:30 PM   #1275
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions, guys. Maybe the next time there is a sale I will buy FHM2.
Old 01-10-2016, 09:16 PM   #1276
Stokked29
Bat Boy

I cant figure out were I can see which teams are associated with which farm teams before I've accepted a job offer. Is there away to see that,or do you just have to hope they have an affiliation you want?
Stokked29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 05:41 PM   #1277
brent_dog
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stokked29 View Post
I cant figure out were I can see which teams are associated with which farm teams before I've accepted a job offer. Is there away to see that,or do you just have to hope they have an affiliation you want?
If you click on the little house next to the team name on the 'Team + League Controls' section this will take you to the team home screen, which should show the farm team and parent teams in the boxes on the right hand side.
brent_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 09:25 AM   #1278
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pens66 View Post
Which is exactly why that other thread ('Enforcers') exists... there's WAY too many fights in historical games.
This morning [Sunday, January 17] I turned to a sports channel and they showed *two* fights, one after the other, in one of Saturday's games.
Old 01-21-2016, 02:05 AM   #1279
Thomas_glad
Bat Boy

Hi all,

So now I have finally bought FHM 2 and Im shock to find that some of the best juniors from Denmark is not in this game.

Are there any chance that there will come or are a FHM 2 Editor tool so I can add them to the game?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Thomas_glad; 01-21-2016 at 08:09 AM.
Thomas_glad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 03:22 AM   #1280
Cujomatty
Minors (Single A)

Is there any plans on adding drag and drop capabilities to touch screen displays? I enjoy playing the game in tablet mode but you can't change lineups or anything which makes it very difficult to get much done lol. I ask because in OOTP drag and drop works great.
Cujomatty is offline   Reply With Quote