Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2015, 09:38 AM   #461
zyberianwarrior
All Star Starter

one the league is set up is there a way for teams to move to another conference/division?
zyberianwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 09:49 AM   #462
Byrath
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I like to sim a week or more at a time before checking on my boxscores etc. Is there a way to make my backup play once in a while? I'm about 15 games in, and my starter has played every game. Very impressed with the game so far, great job guys
Byrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 09:51 AM   #463
kexet
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Anyway to se the rest of the teams in the league salaries? I want to know cause I like to mess with the salary floor and salary cap between a couple of seasons
kexet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 10:18 AM   #464
Game On
Minors (Rookie Ball)

How to purchase for a gift?

First of all, GREAT job on the game! Thank you for your efforts.
What is the best way to purchase the game for my two sons?
Again, thanks!
Game On is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 10:18 AM   #465
fireonk
Bat Boy

Player role

I just started a game with the Rangers and want to be the GM only. I was looking over the A.I. lines and noticed that Keith Yandle wasn't set to be on the powerplay at all. I realized he is set as a defensive defenceman for some reason.

I set his major role to two way defenceman and he still wasn't regarded for the powerplay by the a.i. even though his ratings say he should be.

I then set it to offensive defenceman and his happiness turned to angry. Any particular reason this would cause a morale issue?

Thanks.
fireonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 10:25 AM   #466
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyberianwarrior View Post
one the league is set up is there a way for teams to move to another conference/division?
No there isn't.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 10:59 AM   #467
makajones
Bat Boy

Is it possible to change the 'player peak age' in the development options undere game setup?
makajones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 11:05 AM   #468
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Schuks was wanting to do ÑHL Geographical.
Old 10-03-2015, 11:07 AM   #469
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrath View Post
I like to sim a week or more at a time before checking on my boxscores etc. Is there a way to make my backup play once in a while? I'm about 15 games in, and my starter has played every game. Very impressed with the game so far, great job guys
If you have your "Lineups" manager option set to be controlled by you, it will stick with your backup goalie almost exclusively.

If you change it to "AI" it will work in your backup goalie through the year.

Where you are only simming a week or so at a time I might just offer to manually put your backup in every so often, so the game and then continue with simming a week or two. Either that or allow the AI to set your lineups and your backup will get time.
Old 10-03-2015, 11:12 AM   #470
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game On View Post
First of all, GREAT job on the game! Thank you for your efforts.
What is the best way to purchase the game for my two sons?
Again, thanks!
If you purchase from ootpdevelopments.com you will receive a key that you can then give to your son as a gift.

Likewise, there is options for giving as a gift on Steam, so either purchase method will work in this avenue.
Old 10-03-2015, 11:14 AM   #471
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kexet View Post
Anyway to se the rest of the teams in the league salaries? I want to know cause I like to mess with the salary floor and salary cap between a couple of seasons
Yes. Just select any team in the league from the drop down menu and click 'Salary Obligations'
Old 10-03-2015, 11:16 AM   #472
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireonk View Post
I just started a game with the Rangers and want to be the GM only. I was looking over the A.I. lines and noticed that Keith Yandle wasn't set to be on the powerplay at all. I realized he is set as a defensive defenceman for some reason.

I set his major role to two way defenceman and he still wasn't regarded for the powerplay by the a.i. even though his ratings say he should be.

I then set it to offensive defenceman and his happiness turned to angry. Any particular reason this would cause a morale issue?

Thanks.
Some players are not happy in certain roles. Jeff or Malte could likely provide more details on this, and perhaps give you some insight into the setting of Yandle's current role.
Old 10-03-2015, 11:31 AM   #473
landru22
Major Leagues

Editing question:

I am the comish of a single-player game. When I edit a player on an AI controlled team, will his role change at some point? For example, let's say I edit a player with a role of defensive defenseman and his new ratings are much more compatible with that of an offensive defenseman. Will the AI team eventually change this player's role?
landru22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 11:34 AM   #474
kexet
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
Yes. Just select any team in the league from the drop down menu and click 'Salary Obligations'
Soo no list with all the teams? Hmm that sucks oh well, work with what you got. Thx anyway
kexet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 11:46 AM   #475
Kune
Bat Boy

Hello!

I have a question about staff. It seems its not possible to renew staff contracts. Im ok with that atm but when do staff become free agents. I opened staff free agents in 1st july and all the good staff were taken. Do they become available at some other day or is AI just gonna rob all my good staff from me?
Kune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 11:59 AM   #476
Duranium
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kune View Post
Hello!

I have a question about staff. It seems its not possible to renew staff contracts. Im ok with that atm but when do staff become free agents. I opened staff free agents in 1st july and all the good staff were taken. Do they become available at some other day or is AI just gonna rob all my good staff from me?
Your staff talks extension with you when the season´s closing down (around mid-june), so you usually get the possibility to extend the contracts on the news screen where a negotiate option becomes available via the 'Action' pop-down menu....hope that helps
Attached Images

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Duranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 12:04 PM   #477
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

I'm hoping to get some help with adding additional GMs into the game as just GMs to get our first league file out today.

Can someone help?
Old 10-03-2015, 12:19 PM   #478
DarthYoda
Minors (Single A)

In Historical mode, how do i change it back so that teams rosters dont get reset between seasons?

Last edited by DarthYoda; 10-03-2015 at 12:20 PM.
DarthYoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 12:46 PM   #479
beezer2434
Minors (Triple A)

One thing i am noticing there are a lot of young star players about 22-25 years old that arent qualified by their teams and go to UFA. Has anyone else noticed that?
beezer2434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 12:51 PM   #480
Airchallenged
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Do I control the hiring of staff for my minor league team? If I go to staff free agents through my AHL affiliate's personnel screen am I hiring for them?
Airchallenged is offline   Reply With Quote