Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 07-06-2015, 08:09 AM   #1
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Taking Immersion to a whole new level - Facegen comes to FHM2!

For those who love fictional games - or extending real-life games into the future - there are few additions that will be more exciting than Facegen in Franchise Hockey Manager 2.

Let's face it, a generic cartoon-y face isn't going to allow you to get fully immersed in your players or game world.

Facegen comes to the Franchise Hockey Manager series for the first time in version 2, so let's take a look.

To start, we have front office Facegen, so once you create your character in game you'll have a nice picture - team hat and all - to illustrate that.

But of course, where Facegen will really shine is with players. Here's a look at what a player in free agency/before initial draft/without a team looks like:

There's of course a wide variety of different player models, all of which change dynamically through the game.

And don't like the look of one of your players? As seen above, there's a myriad of options available to change or tweak to your heart's content.

Can anyone say, playoff beard??

Coming up tomorrow in part 2: A first look at how Facegen players look once on a team, including goalies, what customization options are available for team jerseys and the impact of age and size on a Facegen player.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 08:35 AM   #2
Afino
Hall Of Famer

Those poor pinheads

Afino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 08:43 AM   #3
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afino View Post
Those poor pinheads
The heads look pretty ... head-shaped to me... No?
Old 07-06-2015, 08:48 AM   #4
Afino
Hall Of Famer

They look a little small compared to the body.

Afino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 08:53 AM   #5
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ahh.. Well they are wearing hockey jersey/gear, but noted. Facegen is still getting tweaked as well, I should have put that disclaimer in. Everything here is subject to change.
Old 07-06-2015, 09:55 AM   #6
beezer2434
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Cole. View Post
Ahh.. Well they are wearing hockey jersey/gear, but noted. Facegen is still getting tweaked as well, I should have put that disclaimer in. Everything here is subject to change.
Would the facegen picture be able to be moved up a bit to reveal the jersey logo?
beezer2434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 10:28 AM   #7
checkyoursixx
Minors (Triple A)

Moving the facegen up a bit to even reveal just a bit of the logo would be great. If it can't be done then not a big deal.

I believe the biggest tweak needs to come from the head shape to body shape. Understandable that the players are wearing the equipment, but it still feels like it's not proportioned properly. It's as if they are all wearing goalie equipment.

Either way though, great job on the facegens. Glad they will be apart of FHM 2.
checkyoursixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 10:32 AM   #8
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
I think its the size of the shoulders.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 10:47 AM   #9
tward13
All Star Starter

Shoulder pads definitely look more goalie-like. Need to make them smaller for skaters.
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 10:48 AM   #10
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tward13 View Post
Shoulder pads definitely look more goalie-like. Need to make them smaller for skaters.
I thought the same thing.. Maxim.. the RW.. I thought Goalie as soon as I saw the picture

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 11:18 AM   #11
Cole
Hall Of Famer

I will gather all these suggestions and take them to the men of action to see what can be done. Thanks guys.
Old 07-06-2015, 12:52 PM   #12
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

Also worth noting when hockey players take there pre-season photo they don't have gear on, all that they wear usually is an undershirt with the jersey over it. So realistically OOTP's model may work; obviously the jersey layer being tweaked for hockey but you get what I mean

I added a photo below for example; and then like OOTP you could have the option to zoom in or out so you can see more of the jersey with the teams logo on the front.
Attached Images

Last edited by Hockey13Playa; 07-06-2015 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Added Image size question
Hockey13Playa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 01:16 PM   #13
Benoit256
Bat Boy

...we're never going to get this game. Like being in class and the teacher is ready to dismiss but there's always a half dozen asking questions for another hour. There's plenty of time for fine tuning after we start playing and find some things that will be seriously wrong. It's like, I guess, what is often said, "you're never going to please everybody."
...Stones said,
"You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometimes you just might find
You get what you need"
Benoit256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 01:50 PM   #14
Perceptor
Minors (Triple A)

Thanks for the pics. They look a little strange, but appreciate that it's not a final product.
Perceptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 01:57 PM   #15
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey13Playa View Post
Also worth noting when hockey players take there pre-season photo they don't have gear on, all that they wear usually is an undershirt with the jersey over it. So realistically OOTP's model may work; obviously the jersey layer being tweaked for hockey but you get what I mean

I added a photo below for example; and then like OOTP you could have the option to zoom in or out so you can see more of the jersey with the teams logo on the front.
Well, as you'll see with tomorrow's screenshots, the players once on team are in helmets too, so having the gear in that case kind of makes sense.
Old 07-06-2015, 02:04 PM   #16
Smetana
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Cole. View Post
Well, as you'll see with tomorrow's screenshots, the players once on team are in helmets too, so having the gear in that case kind of makes sense.
I think facegen photos without headgear look notoriously bad as a general rule. I agree with Cole, the player pics with helmets and team jerseys look much better.

And we'll have a great opportunity for talented modders to work up some sweet jerseys.
Old 07-06-2015, 02:09 PM   #17
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smetana View Post
I think facegen photos without headgear look notoriously bad as a general rule. I agree with Cole, the player pics with helmets and team jerseys look much better.

And we'll have a great opportunity for talented modders to work up some sweet jerseys.
Way to ruin one of my big surprises for tomorrow's post Although I suppose people could probably have figured that out.
Old 07-06-2015, 03:26 PM   #18
nichimanen
Minors (Single A)

To be fair this is what hockey players look like geared up. I can see having the shoulders altered for historical play, but the facegen is pretty spot on for players of this era.
Attached Images
nichimanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 03:32 PM   #19
Garethw87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit256 View Post
...we're never going to get this game. Like being in class and the teacher is ready to dismiss but there's always a half dozen asking questions for another hour. There's plenty of time for fine tuning after we start playing and find some things that will be seriously wrong. It's like, I guess, what is often said, "you're never going to please everybody."
...Stones said,
"You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometimes you just might find
You get what you need"
Surely after the problems with FHM 1, you can understand why FHM 2 is taking it's time to be released.
Old 07-06-2015, 06:13 PM   #20
chey
Minors (Triple A)

I'd also vote for no helmets in facegen -- it's not the way players actually take their promo photos, and it's going to make everyone look awfully similar.
chey is offline   Reply With Quote