Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 16 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 05-22-2015, 01:41 PM   #1
one299man
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I have not had a rain out yet

I have played into June of the 1959 season so far and I have not experienced a rain out or a rain shorten game yet. Is there a setting I have to enable or just one hasn't happened yet? thanks.

Gerry
one299man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 10:38 PM   #2
The Game
Hall Of Famer

I have played almost 2 full seasons in my EBL league and yet to have one. my team does play in a dome but still should have seen one where the rain is equivalent to New Orleans, Atlanta, Charleston, SC. I have also yet to see one in 2 leagues where I play as the White Sox.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 04:40 AM   #3
buckeye22
Major Leagues

I had one within 2 weeks of my first season in MLB quickstart as the Tigers. And I've seen quite a few in historical leagues I played around in.

What city is your team in? I assume they have it set up where cities like LA, San Diego, etc. won't have many rainouts, like real life.
buckeye22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 10:58 AM   #4
one299man
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I am currently playing the 1959 american league winning chicago whitesox. I further plan to start there and carry on the whitesox seasons to the current one. Trying to relive my youth lol.

Gerry
Old 05-23-2015, 11:18 AM   #5
RchW
Hall Of Famer

I had 4 in Texas in September in a pennant race. Way over the top in my opinion.

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 02:15 PM   #6
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by one299man View Post
I am currently playing the 1959 american league winning chicago whitesox. I further plan to start there and carry on the whitesox seasons to the current one. Trying to relive my youth lol.

Gerry
Hopefully your Go Go White Sox do better then mine have in the past. I finished just a shade over .500. I am replaying 2005 and am doing decent so far but not as good as RL team did. I am in 1st but CLE is 1 GB as of May 20th.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 02:55 PM   #7
one299man
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I just finished the games on June 7th and the 59 sox are currently in 2nd 3 games behind the orioles.

Gerry
Old 05-23-2015, 03:22 PM   #8
one299man
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I just went over the 1959 white sox schedule and it appears the oopt automatically takes care of all rain outs before the games start. I noticed that according to the baseball encyclopedia, sunday april 19th there was no white sox game and no game on that monday at well. I can't believe that the white sox had a regular scheduled day off on a sunday so that sunday must have been rained out.

Gerry
Old 05-23-2015, 04:03 PM   #9
one299man
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I just looked up the weather report for chicago on april 19th 1959 and on that date the temp was 42 with rain so I would assume that game was rained out without it even starting. Ootp did not have a game scheduled for that date.

Gerry
Old 05-23-2015, 11:56 PM   #10
buckeye22
Major Leagues

That's weird then lol. Chicago definitely isn't one of those cities with no rain ever.

Once you finally get one you'll probably end up with like 4 in a week lol.
buckeye22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 11:53 AM   #11
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

I've had several, even had one on the last game teams played against each other in the season and an extra game was tacked onto the end of the season delaying the playoffs by a day
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 02:52 PM   #12
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painmantle View Post
I've had several, even had one on the last game teams played against each other in the season and an extra game was tacked onto the end of the season delaying the playoffs by a day
Yes, unfortunately, even if the game doesn't have a bearing on the pennant race OOTP will still make up games after the scheduled end of the regular season. It does this apparently because a club missing even one home game causes some sort of trouble in the game's financial engine.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote