Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 12-23-2014, 01:22 AM   #121
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
No...I am just curious about different aspects of this style of play......sorry if it's so offensive to you
I'm not offended. I just wasn't sure, and now you've explained the situation and we're good.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 01:23 AM   #122
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izz View Post
I'm no stats-only expert, but i'd say it would be to remove most of your preconceptions regarding existing players (as they'll be retired, or 10 years further along the career curve than today), and to give you enough stats to work with for the majors, minors and feeder leagues.
That was certainly an expert response. Thank you.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 12-23-2014, 01:45 AM   #123
Lockdog
Minors (Triple A)

When you turn off ratings, it would be cool if that empty space on the player page were filled with scouting text. You could then look at stats and verbal scouting on the same page.
Lockdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 03:17 AM   #124
kmoser
Minors (Rookie Ball)

So I started my first game with feeder leagues and simmed a few years. Now I checked out this years draft pool and none of the feeder league guys are there. What did I do wrong?
kmoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 09:55 AM   #125
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockdog View Post
When you turn off ratings, it would be cool if that empty space on the player page were filled with scouting text. You could then look at stats and verbal scouting on the same page.
Several of us have asked that a stats only mode be included in the game. I would like very much to see it, but I don't think it will ever happen.

Old 12-23-2014, 12:07 PM   #126
Lockdog
Minors (Triple A)

Perhaps a widget would work for changing between ratings and written scouting. That, or update the scouting page and let the user be able to set it as the default when opening a player's profile.
Lockdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 01:15 PM   #127
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockdog View Post
Perhaps a widget would work for changing between ratings and written scouting. That, or update the scouting page and let the user be able to set it as the default when opening a player's profile.
Look how FM does this...works like a charm
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 01:21 PM   #128
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Yes, but I do not think that Markus believes there is enough of a demand for this to justify doing it. But I would still love love love to see it.

Old 12-23-2014, 01:41 PM   #129
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

It should really be widgets anyway...even if you aren't playing stats only

EDIT: On a separate but somewhat similar UI note...I really wish the "back button" issue would finally get fixed. When navigating individual tabs under a "player card", if I hit back, it should go back to the last non-player screen I was on, not each of the players' tab screens.

Last edited by PSUColonel; 12-23-2014 at 01:44 PM.
Old 12-23-2014, 04:45 PM   #130
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Wolf - When you sim the 5 years to get some history (stats), do you leave the AI Eval on for ratings during those years to give it something to work with, or do you just go all stats right from the get go?
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 04:47 PM   #131
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Wolf - When you sim the 5 years to get some history (stats), do you leave the AI Eval on for ratings during those years to give it something to work with, or do you just go all stats right from the get go?
Stats only from the get go. To play stats only, the first thing you do is to turn off all of the ratings. The second thing you do is to leave them off.

Old 12-23-2014, 04:49 PM   #132
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

And the third thing you do is to go to Global Settings and check the "ratings based on AI evaluation" box. The fourth thing you do is to leave that box checked.

Old 12-23-2014, 04:59 PM   #133
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

How does the AI deal with guys that get off to a poor start and then suffer a season ending injury, followed by a poor second season and then a slow start the third season? When playing stats only will the AI keep such a guy around? Not sure if this question makes sense, but I've always wondered how the AI would deal with a player that has good potential if all it has is bad stats to go by.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 05:13 PM   #134
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
How does the AI deal with guys that get off to a poor start and then suffer a season ending injury, followed by a poor second season and then a slow start the third season? When playing stats only will the AI keep such a guy around? Not sure if this question makes sense, but I've always wondered how the AI would deal with a player that has good potential if all it has is bad stats to go by.
The AI trades or cuts players who don't perform. Just like real GM's do in real life.

Old 12-23-2014, 07:41 PM   #135
YanksFan
Minors (Double A)

Should the number of college feeder teams and high school feeder teams be equal?
YanksFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 08:24 PM   #136
MBarrett
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by YanksFan View Post
Should the number of college feeder teams and high school feeder teams be equal?
I use a 2 to 1 ratio of HS to College teams for my feeders. It seems to work really well.
MBarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 09:49 PM   #137
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Bookmark this page:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...gue-guide.html

Old 12-23-2014, 10:09 PM   #138
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Where can you get good logos and caps for feeders? They are random....so it seems tough
Old 12-24-2014, 03:11 AM   #139
Mr. Marlin
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
Where can you get good logos and caps for feeders? They are random....so it seems tough

I use the "Top 10 Cities per State" project logos, caps & uniforms for my feeders. It's quick and they did an excellent job on them. For High School at least.

For College there are plenty of college logos & uniform sets
Mr. Marlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 07:20 AM   #140
progen
All Star Starter

Always nice to see the momentum that "stats only" style of playing produces. Kinda like when you take your first "leap" into the craft beer world, and then you ask yourself, why in the hell have I been drinking Coors "just like water" Lite, or Skunky smelling Yuengling, sadly huge in PA. Fortunately, that past for me over 25 years ago. You'll never go back to drinking that crap, and you'll never leave the "stats only" world.
progen is offline   Reply With Quote