Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Technical Support

FHM - Technical Support Got problems running FHM or want to report a bug? See here!

Old 04-03-2014, 08:48 PM   #801
Pax25
Minors (Single A)

Job Offer from Another Team and No Way to Respond

This has happened to me for the second time. I'm coaching one team and get a PM saying that I have a contract offer from another team. However, there is no way to respond to the PM? You click on respond and eventually the top bars become inactive. If you try to continue it keeps saying you must respond to a PM.

Anyone else have this happen? Unfortunately there is no way to continue the save and I'm afraid to invest time in a new game out of fear that this will just happen again. Help please.
Pax25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:54 PM   #802
Duranium
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
We'd really need to see a save to figure out what's going wrong there - there's nothing unusual that happens on that date that could be the source of a crash, so it's likely some unique roster/transaction issue.
here you go with the .sg
Cat Power 2013.lg.rar (15,38 MB) - uploaded.net

will give it one more try and then i really hope the hotfix has arrived

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Duranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 08:57 AM   #803
Duranium
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duranium View Post
here you go with the .sg
Cat Power 2013.lg.rar (15,38 MB) - uploaded.net

will give it one more try and then i really hope the hotfix has arrived

Buffalo Sabres - January 14th - crash - no way to continue

For the 1st time i also decided to shelf the game until some issues are fixed

is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Old 04-06-2014, 12:11 PM   #804
djskek
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Are you past the 31 January transfer deadline? I just started as game as München and was able to buy players from Riessersee - right-click on the target player, select "transfer offer", they'll tell you the price they want for him, and you can make them an offer that they'll accept or reject within a couple of days. If they accept it, you can finalize the deal, which will then allow you to negotiate the player's new contract (he must accept for the transfer to occur.)
Quote:
At the beginning of a game it works. Year 2014, 2015, it no longer works. June not, July not, August not, September not etc.

Transfer offer option not available with DEL2 players. Elsewhere it exists (for example at DEL, SM League players, etc.).
Quote:
I think I see the problem, the transfer restriction after the deadline isn't being lifted properly at the start of the new season for non-playable leagues with deadlines before January. The playable leagues are OK, and the ones with November or December deadlines (e.g. Denmark) work as well, but the rest don't get reset. Should be easy enough to fix for the patch.
Version 1.6.8

Still not working in the DEL2 and in all other non-playable leagues. (except Denmark, as it works).

Last edited by djskek; 04-06-2014 at 02:28 PM.
djskek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 01:05 PM   #805
landru22
Major Leagues

Version 1.6.8 Game Freeze

Unfortunately for me, I think this error is more a problem with my heavily edited database than the game itself. Even though that may be the case, I felt that the developers would still want my file. I will be uploading two files (when I refresh my memory on how to do that!) SHL-168-Aug16.lg.zip is my league file as it stood after all the editing was complete but no days passed. SHL-168-June30.lg.zip is the same file after the first season ends. The game freezes (Not necessarily a crash) when I try to go to July 1.

I have tested the same fictional configuration with a new fictional league created with version 1.6.8 and it IS able to go to July 1st. This is why I have concluded that the problem lies with this save.

I spent over a month editing this game in an attempt to bring my fictional universe over into Franchise Hockey Manager. I know that you (the devs) are very busy, but if there is some way that you can fix the Aug16 file so that it doesn't freeze on July 1st I would name my first born child after you! Even if you can't do that you may gain some valuable info from these files.

Thank you.
landru22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 05:16 PM   #806
lortmane
Bat Boy

Cant get past june 30th

Everytime I try to get to July 1st the game hangs. It starts processing next seasont goes to 100% about 5 times then hangs at 70%. I tried with an old saved game and with a new one and both have the same problem. Before the patch I was able to play multiple seasons now I can't which is not very enjoyable. I know many have had this problem is there a solution and if so maybee you should place it as a sticky threas in general discussion so we dont have to go through 20 some odd pages of bug report and 10+ pages of the patch thread to find it. Love the new scouting and training but without being able to franchise more than one year it's not very entertaining. This was a uickstart league.
lortmane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:15 PM   #807
landru22
Major Leagues

FYI, mine (see post above) also freezes at 70%.
landru22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:10 AM   #808
lortmane
Bat Boy

Trying 1.6.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by lortmane View Post
Everytime I try to get to July 1st the game hangs. It starts processing next seasont goes to 100% about 5 times then hangs at 70%. I tried with an old saved game and with a new one and both have the same problem. Before the patch I was able to play multiple seasons now I can't which is not very enjoyable. I know many have had this problem is there a solution and if so maybee you should place it as a sticky threas in general discussion so we dont have to go through 20 some odd pages of bug report and 10+ pages of the patch thread to find it. Love the new scouting and training but without being able to franchise more than one year it's not very entertaining. This was a uickstart league.

I noticed we are no longer at 1.6.2 (my bad) so I downloaded and installed 1.6.8 same problem with both saved leagues, so I started a new one and just put everything in automatic and let it play the season and I got past july 1st.So now I started a new league and will play it out with all the trades etc and in a week or so when the year is played out I will let you know if it goes to july 1st. Here's hoping everything works out, as I said before love the new scouting and training system can't wait to see the new game engine (hope it happens before I have to pay for a new software package) one bug I still see though is the visitor team still gets an extra shot in shootouts in NHL which is unfair and I have one question what happens when FHM 2015 comes out? Will I be able to carry my saved game over would like to e able to not have to redo all that trading and training....

Thanks again
lortmane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:10 PM   #809
mrmyheadhurts
Bat Boy

OK, this may simply mean my save file is corrupt but after the update I can't sign prospects. They keep asking for a higher minor league salary but then the negotiation screen won't allow me to increase the minor league salary. On a 925,000 salary it's stuck at 39,000.

I'm going to start a new game to see if this is unique to my saved game but thought I would throw it out there in case there is something I'm doing wrong or others had this issue.

EDIT: Found a quick work around by hitting the reset changes button but it's resulting in an odd minor league salary structure on the entry level deals.

EDIT 2: Game just crashed, so I'm probably going to have to start anew.
mrmyheadhurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 02:23 PM   #810
howeandhowe
Minors (Rookie Ball)

not able to sign draft picks

Hi,

I'm using the Mac version (most recent download) on a Macbook Pro.

None of my draft picks are letting me sign them for two different reasons. The first is, the one's playing not in North America say they won't sign overseas contracts. And the NA players are defaulting to a two way contract with the minor's salary set to $550,000/yr-$39,000/yr and this is not editable at all. I can't change the salary of either NHL or minors nor can I uncheck the two way contract. Players reject the contract based on the two way contract or the poor minors salary. Is there a setting that I am not seeing or somethign else?
howeandhowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 12:54 AM   #811
Xavier's Crown
Minors (Single A)

I played a season of OHL and got stuck in Nov of year two. I have an incomplete line-up and can't advance. Basically my back-up goalie got hurt and I didn't have any depth because my regular guy was called up to the NHL and I was expecting him to return.

Anyways, there were no G's available via free agency and all trades require a few days to receive a response. Consequently there's no way for me to continue. I tried putting a dman as a G but that didn't work either.

Simple solution #1 = More FA depth
Simple solution #2 = Allow another position player to play G
Solution #3 = Allow same day trades

Not sure if I can somehow salvage my season (hopefully I missed something) - would hurt if I had to restart.
Xavier's Crown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 09:14 PM   #812
jamesproudlock
Bat Boy

Unable to continue until the 1st July (when the processing season taskbar comes up).

Will load for a while, then reach a certain percentage and then crash.

Have sent saved file via FTP server.
jamesproudlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 08:28 AM   #813
Duranium
All Star Starter

Draft Day trading - Historical Mode

Most times trading on draft day is close to impossible - all teams usually reply with 'We can't add so much money to our payroll' although they're waaaaaay beyond their budget.

Seems like this is connected to the budget/salary bug, just to let u know

is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Old 04-20-2014, 01:03 AM   #814
OpusTheFowl
Minors (Double A)

The filter does not work in the shortlist.
OpusTheFowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 03:48 PM   #815
Irr11
Minors (Double A)

I just started playing the 1.6.8. version and this is what happened: I traded for Sharks prospect Mueller. I don't know if the problem could be that they already signed him to a 3-year entry level deal, but when the trade goes through and he appears on my roster I can't assign him anywhere; neither to the AHL, nor the ECHL, nor Junior (though he's still eligible).

Also, I can't trade 2014 draft picks, although the game starts in 2013
Irr11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 08:17 PM   #816
Irr11
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliean View Post
just noticed why it happend haha when you go into edit league and when you save you get all your draft picks back
LMAO I just noticed the same.

This is a quite embarrassing bug, since I traded away like 80% of my (low) draft picks in lopsided trades for top prospects, and a few days later I suddenly have all my picks back. It's like I got players for nothing.
I also hope it won't make the game crash.
Old 04-20-2014, 09:07 PM   #817
yngrshr
Bat Boy

Major financials bug -- Makes signing/trading very difficult

Have noticed a major problem with financials.

I'm in season 2024. Basically every team is bleeding red even though they are spending way below their budget. Ottawa Senators are 150,000.000 in the red even though they are only spending 60,000,000 per year.

It makes trades impossible, signing FAs borderline impossible, etc.

Only gets worse with time.

It's adding the "Player Payroll" with the "Offered Contracts." Yet the offered contracts for my team right now is 51,000,000. Funnily enough, that's the amount of money I have on the books in salaries for NEXT season. So it's actually factoring in next season's salaries with this season's budget.

Has done that on every game I've played, too. I have 9,000,000 in spare salary space, for example.

Last edited by yngrshr; 04-21-2014 at 02:16 PM.
yngrshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 04:16 PM   #818
Manitos
Bat Boy

extensions bug

I am playing in the EPIHL and there is a bug with extensions for players, I think the money should be withdrawn from the money for extensions, not from the money for free agents, the money for extension are the whole seasons untouchable, there is nothing I can do with them. So every season I must leave my team and get to another because I am in minus with the finances for free agents therefore I cant sign anyone to the team..

Last edited by Manitos; 04-22-2014 at 04:18 PM.
Manitos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:53 PM   #819
mrmyheadhurts
Bat Boy

Still significant issues with free agency, especially restricted free agency. I would list specifics but don't have the time but it still needs some major work.
mrmyheadhurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:30 PM   #820
Irr11
Minors (Double A)

When I go to Scores & Schedule, scroll down to the current game, and then sim by selecting "finish today", the screen goes back to the top of the schedule. That's terribly annoying because I always have to scroll down a second time to check the score. It didn't use to be like that, please change it back.