Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Old 02-27-2011, 09:39 PM   #221
trpeal
Bat Boy

I'm interested in joining an online league for OOTP 11. I've been playing on my own for a while, and am working to set up a honkin' big league to sim on my own, but think it would be fun to interact with other real owners. I'm not particular about the sort of league, although I do lean more towards fictional first and historical second.

Although I haven't been in an online league before, I've played OOTP (8 & 11), APBA, Earl Weaver, and dice-and-cards Strat-O-Matic.

Thanks!

Matt
trepalm@gmail.com
trpeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 05:18 PM   #222
claphamsa
Minors (Single A)

looking for a new league... hit me up claphamsa @ gmail

I want a no financials, no scouting league plz.
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 04:33 PM   #223
coldheat422
Bat Boy

Hello, I'm looking for a league to join, preferably a newer one or one where the team hasn't changed too much. But, I am willing to listen to other ideas...

I haven't been in an ootp sim league in a while. Last time I was in one Aaron Rowand was the most overrated prospect in the game and Mark Prior was the next big thing haha. My email is Knicks4222002@yahoo.com, let me know if there's an opening please.
coldheat422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 04:49 PM   #224
pappy367
Minors (Single A)

i am looking for an ootp11 league. i been involved in ootp since the beginning on and off. i am looking for a real player/team league and would prefer either the blue jays or seattle mariners. i would be willing to help in anyway and would be a very active owner

contact me at
pappy367@comcast.net or pm me here, hope to hear from someone soon
pappy367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 08:28 AM   #225
ulrichsson
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Looking for a league

Hi,

I am looking for a second online league that either runs OOTP X or 11 and plans to convert to 12 at some point in the future.

My perfect league (in decreasing order of importance to me)
- is slow paced (no more than 3 sims / week during the regular season, no more than 7 days / sim)
- does NOT use the historical database
- does NOT use the star system
- uses a low ratings setting (1-10 or lower, stats only is fine, too), I don't mind coaches and scouts on or off
- is established (no new league please)
- is mature (average age of GMs not in the teens or low 20s)
- has NO participation point system that allows you to improve player ratings or allows other massive changes of game mechanics
- finances are ON.
- has a modern setting
- has at least three levels of minor leagues
- has the Rule V draft
- has the Angels open - that would be the icing on the cake

Yes, I know this is quite specific, I just know what I like and what keeps my interest high. Of course, the league does not
have to fit perfectly, but you get an idea of what kind of league I like.

Of course, this is a two-way street, so as a GM, I ...
- will export regularly
- will read the forum
- will reply quickly to PMs
- will be friendly, polite and helpful
- will usually be on AIM in the evening (I live in Europe though)
- own the game (both X and 11 and I preordered 12)
- will usually NOT be able to write extensive articles. I would like to, but I have to be realistic about my work schedule
and as a non-native speaker, those things just take me a little longer than they should.

Please don't be offended if I decline your invitation. If I don't think I can be a good GM in your league, we are both better off if
you keep looking for a better fit.

Please send me a PM if you think I could be a good addition to your league.
Bjoern

Last edited by ulrichsson; 03-26-2011 at 08:32 AM.
ulrichsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 06:46 PM   #226
gtucker
Bat Boy

Looking for a league or two

Hello all,
I'm looking for one or two OOTP 11 leagues to join. I played in some online OOTP leagues several years ago, but haven't played in several years due to work/grad school. Ideally I'd like to find a league that is modern era and as realistic as possible (finances on, rule V draft/etc.) although I do like draft pick trading. I'd prefer something fairly slow paced (2-3 exports a week) with active management and owners. As I said, I haven't played online in awhile, so it may take me a little bit to get up to speed, but I'm a quick learner and will be active in the league. My ideal teams (in order) would the Cubs, the Royals or the Mariners. The best way to reach me is at ge.tucker at gmail dot com.
gtucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:39 PM   #227
Firedawg42
Bat Boy

Looking for a league

Well after a few years off of the organized league thing the fire has come back to me. I play at home but looking for more challenge with a league.

I have looked through the league listings and sent several emails but no response has me going this route.

What I am looking for is this to have fun with an established league. I am cool with historical or fictional league. I am willing to take any level of team quality. In giving kudos to "ulrichsson" I will give a list of things but I am flexible.

*No more than 3 sims per week during the regular season, no more than 7 days per sim.
* No star system
* Low ratings settings I don't mind coaches and scouts
* No new league
* Finances ON.
* has a modern setting
* has at least three levels of minor leagues
* has the Rule V draft

Well I will be available via AIM and will use a message board and can even write some. I have also made video interviews for posting also.

I hope this will let me become a productive league owner and have some fun.

Feel free to contact me at
c.culler1@verizon.net
blizzerdsnoman AIM

Thanks
Chris Culler
Firedawg42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 01:42 AM   #228
Nick F.
Bat Boy

Alright, I'll be honest, I'm new to this.

I've done football sim leagues in the past and I am also currently in one that has been going on for three years among Bills fans using Action! PC Football.

I have OOTP 11 currently and have pre-ordered OOTP 12 and I've played with the AI but I'm looking for a new challenge.

I'd take any team, preferably in a league with 'real' players.

If anyone has openings that need to be filled and are willing to put up with a newbie who may have some questions but will also bring activity and passion to the league, hit me up at nickfeely8@gmail.com or PM on here, I'll be checking back.

Thanks!
Nick F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:12 PM   #229
asurob
Minors (Double A)

Looking for a league. I was in one a few years back and would like to give it a go again. I have looked around a bit but doesnt seem like a lot of activity in the leagues section so Id thought Id give this a try.

rob

asurob@gmail.com
asurob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 02:43 PM   #230
albertsBelle
Bat Boy

How you all doing?

My name is Nic, I am looking to join two or three leagues.

I would prefer to play in non-fictional leagues but I have played in ficitonal leagues in the past and enjoyed them as well.

I have OOTP 11 and I am not sure if I will be upgrading or not, so if your league plans on staying with 11 for a while, that would be great.

I was in four leagues last year and my life got really hectic and I was forced to take a second job that didn't allow me to be as dedicated as I should have been with the exports. Things have changed now, I am I really enjoy this game and look forward to competing again.

I will take any team, but prefrence would be for a mid to smaller market team.

You can contact me through pm here or through my email at nicdelrey@yahoo.com.

I look forward to hearing from you. Take it easy.

Nic
albertsBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 02:59 PM   #231
Zboch
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Looking for a league

I'm a very active GM. Here's what I'm looking for:

* Historical Modern League, as recent as possible
* OOTP 11
* 3-4 sims per week
* no star system (I'm flexible on that though)
* finances on
* has at least three levels of minor leagues
* has the Rule V draft

Please PM me if you have any openings.
Zboch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 04:49 PM   #232
SilentFox
Minors (Single A)

Real modern leagues only, new or ongoing
orioles or marlins open would be great, sticks to the mlb as much as possible, no gimmicky stuff

jpinedaleeds@gmail.com I play everyday and can export properly now as my computer was fixed, you can export frequently, or weekly it doesn't matter
SilentFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 09:56 AM   #233
dabear1972
Bat Boy

Interested in a Historical League - Post 1900 Preferably

I've only been playing OOTP 11 for a couple of months now, but would like to see what an online league has to offer. I'd be interested in a historical simulation starting in any year. No preferences other than that. Please contact me at scott.kramp@q.com if you have any openings.
dabear1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 04:59 PM   #234
twinsfan1127
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'd also like a realistic OOTP 11. taylorchickens1127@gmail.com
twinsfan1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 02:03 AM   #235
kurpaige
Bat Boy

noobie looking for a league

I'm new to this.

I have OOTP 11 and I am not sure if I will be upgrading or not, so if your league plans on staying with 11 for a while, that would be great.

Ideally I'd like to find a league that is fictional but as realistic as possible (finances on, rule V draft/etc.) I haven't played online so it may take me a little bit to get up to speed, but I'm a quick learner and will be active in the league.

Would like a league that's new or just started to give me time to get into the grove of things. thanks

easiest way to reach me is kurpaige @ gmail . com
kurpaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:47 AM   #236
EdReed20
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Passionate EBL/former TPBL vet looking for a second OOTP12 league

hey,

Im looking to join a second online league (im currently the Yankees GM in the very active and fun EBL) once OOTP12 comes out.

Im active, polite yet (honestly) DO have quite a big mouth, but I keep my trash-talking reasonably respectful

I usually type up around 2-3 quality articles a week (I only, out of principle, play in a maximum of 2 leagues at the same time to make sure I really get a feel for the league, and have enough time to really add something to both leagues).

For a short selection of articles, here are two or three I typed up in the last week/two weeks for the EBL (hope the links work for 'guests'):

Express Baseball Network • Login

As for the settings, there are some things I absolutely insist on:

- Scouting and Coaching ON (will not play in any league that has either off)
- Scouting accuracy no higher than 'high', preferably 'normal'
- Finances ON
- If the league uses StatsLab, ratings should NOT be shown
- I would strongly prefer a 2012 roster set league, not fictional or historical
- injury frequency shouldn't be too low, contrary to popular belief you can play with 'normal' injury settings, 'low' would be acceptable

Some things I prefer settings-wise, but these are not must-haves:

- star system off
- BA Top-100 list 'annual' (this is a very strong preference actually)
- realitic rules (no tinkering with the DH rule, rule 5 Draft ON, no bull****ting with manually editing long-term injuries back to 3 months etc.)

As for the sim-schedule, I can easily live with the classic '3 sims-a-week-7-days-a-sim' schedule, but I like more frequent simming (say: 5-days-a-sim-5-sims-a-week) even better. Everything is fine with me though, really.

The most important thing is: any commish planning an OOTP12 league should be for real, I would hate wasting my time on a league that folds after 3 months. Im in this for the long-run!

P.S. yeah I know my preferences are pretty specific, but (as you will see when reading my articles) I have a lot to offer, and like the clever girl that looks good in lingerie on top, I know I dont have to marry the first guy I ever meet

Edit: haha forget to mention my e-mail: Daniel.Schrecker@gmx.de

Last edited by EdReed20; 04-21-2011 at 09:44 PM.
EdReed20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:12 PM   #237
alexg3796
Bat Boy

Hey guys I would love to be involved in any real league, preferably 1999-2009, I have a lot of free time to play.

Please contact me at alexg3796@gmail.com
alexg3796 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:50 PM   #238
dpmvp15
Bat Boy

I'd like to find a league that is between 1990-2010, but any league is fine for me. I haven't played online yet but I can't wait to try it out! I also have alot of free time to play as well

E-Mail: dpmvp15@gmail.com
AIM: dpmvp15

Last edited by dpmvp15; 04-20-2011 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Typo
dpmvp15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 08:12 PM   #239
Deke Young
Bat Boy

Deke is considering an online league

I have been playing OOTP11 for several weeks now and enjoy the game. I am playing out each at bat, as this is a throwback to Avalon Hill Statis Pro Baseball for me. While I am considering an online league, I do not see how I could play out any games. Looks like I have to sit back in General Manager mode and hope my team plays out my strategy.
I have been less than impressed with the AI, which seams to fluctuate between "hit away and hope" and "sacrifice with anyone in the order." I also am amazed that some times relief pitchers are swaps per batter, and sometimes relievers are left in regardless of who is at bat.
I am hoping talk to some people on the phone to get an explaination on how current online leagues are run, how much interaction you have with the game, how much interaction you have with each other.
And finally, I have not found the interface to play back another game pitch or at bat at a time. I would prefer to watch the games play out rather than just read a box score.

Deke Young
DekeYoung@Comcast.net
Metro Atlanta Area
Old 04-23-2011, 10:00 PM   #240
Cecchino
Bat Boy

Looking for a Fictional league thats staying with ootp 11 for at least till 13 comes out.
Cecchino is offline   Reply With Quote