Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support > Earlier versions of OOTP: Closed or Claim Fixed

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 07:47 PM   #1
GoStros5
Bat Boy

Game won't start because of screen resolution

"Unable to open graphics. Make sure your screen resolution is at least 1024*768 and that your windows taskbar is not set to always remain on top"

I have an Acer Aspire One laptop. The screen resolution maxes out at 1024*600. Is there a workaround?
Old 02-17-2009, 08:40 PM   #2
Ktulu
Hall Of Famer

You can try setting the game to full screen mode rather than windowed mode.

Edit: just realized I'm not sure how you would do that if you can't get the game to start.

Last edited by Ktulu; 02-17-2009 at 08:43 PM.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:07 PM   #3
GoStros5
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktulu View Post
You can try setting the game to full screen mode rather than windowed mode.

Edit: just realized I'm not sure how you would do that if you can't get the game to start.
I looked for something I could edit in the ootp folder to accomplish a change of resolution but I came up empty.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:23 PM   #4
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

Depending upon your operating system, you'll need to navigate to your hidden Application Data folder and your config folder inside of it. In XP, I've got it at: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 9\config. Open up the app file with Notepad or a similar program. The fourth item is labelled FULL_SCREEN. Change that 0 below it to a 1 and save the file.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:32 PM   #5
GoStros5
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutlaw View Post
Depending upon your operating system, you'll need to navigate to your hidden Application Data folder and your config folder inside of it. In XP, I've got it at: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 9\config. Open up the app file with Notepad or a similar program. The fourth item is labelled FULL_SCREEN. Change that 0 below it to a 1 and save the file.
I tried this and it still gives me the same error message regarding the resolution. I also tried changing the value of crashonstartup so that it would use my manual settings, but I received the same error.
Old 02-20-2009, 06:36 PM   #6
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoStros5 View Post
Make sure your screen resolution is at least 1024*768 ...

The screen resolution maxes out at 1024*600. Is there a workaround?
Hrm. Well, then this is your problem. I can't find any resolutions listed that go as low as 600. You may be out of luck.
Old 02-21-2009, 03:47 PM   #7
GoStros5
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutlaw View Post
Hrm. Well, then this is your problem. I can't find any resolutions listed that go as low as 600. You may be out of luck.
That's really too bad. Many Netbooks max out at that resolution and this game is perfect for playing in class, on the train etc . I think it should be a priority to make sure future iterations work on low graphic netbooks; its a huge market that shouldn't be overlooked.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:46 PM   #8
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

Sorry about that. Please contact support@elicense.com for a refund if you bought the game already.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:52 AM   #9
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

As the original poster has not responded to this thread in five days, this thread will be closed for housekeeping reasons. If you need any further assistance with this matter whatsoever, please don't hesitate to post a link to this thread in Tech Support and we will be happy to continue to help you. Thanks.
Closed Thread