Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 10-11-2019, 01:20 AM   #561
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

So, are we getting the next set of missions on Monday?

The guessing is getting easier, but has anyone heard scuttlebutt on which teams might be represented in the next batch?

Yankees, Tigers, Cardinals, Dodgers, Giants, and Phillies are some of the more established franchises yet to be fully covered with a progression of missions. More expansion-y clubs left would be Angels, Astros, Mets, and Brewers. Plus, the newest teams like Miami, Tampa Bay, Arizona, and Colorado. The Blue Jays, Expos/Nats, and newer expansions have been kinda covered already and it's hard to envision how much more comprehensive they should be covered given their relatively short histories. Some of these already have some sort of singular mission (Gashouse Gang, Harvey's Wallbangers, various Tom Seaver ones, World Series winners, the Willie Jones Phillies mission etc).

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 04:55 AM   #562
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post

The guessing is getting easier, but has anyone heard scuttlebutt on which teams might be represented in the next batch?

Yankees, Tigers, Cardinals, Dodgers, Giants, and Phillies are some of the more established franchises yet to be fully covered with a progression of missions. More expansion-y clubs left would be Angels, Astros, Mets, and Brewers. Plus, the newest teams like Miami, Tampa Bay, Arizona, and Colorado. The Blue Jays, Expos/Nats, and newer expansions have been kinda covered already and it's hard to envision how much more comprehensive they should be covered given their relatively short histories. Some of these already have some sort of singular mission (Gashouse Gang, Harvey's Wallbangers, various Tom Seaver ones, World Series winners, the Willie Jones Phillies mission etc).
A couple minor corrections to help expectation management...

Miami, Tampa Bay, Arizona, and Colorado are represented by missions. I believe the only cards of these teams that are not already in their missions were ones released after the introduction of their missions. The fact that the specific years covered are in the names of some of those missions and that those years fully represent the full history of those clubs further supports this claim.

Additionally, while the Expos are fully represented, the Nationals have been excluded. This is made all the more problematic as there is a separate overarching mission for completing the 2 Expos missions.

With regard to the "singular missions" for teams, I think there are at least two precedents that could be followed. Those missions could be rolled into the larger missions for the teams, such as how the St. Louis Browns became a prerequisite for the overarching Orioles mission or how Charlie O's Oakland A's later joined the A's mission (which was a bit messy, since ol' Chuck bought them from Yankee-affiliated owners shortly after the team moved to KC, but I digress).

It should be noted, however, that the Charlie O and St. Browns missions were composed exclusively of A's and Browns respectively. Missions like Harvey's Wallbangers, Amazin' Mets, and even the Whiz Kids with the singular Bill Nicholson all include cards from players who were on that team at one point in time but are representing different teams in game (Nothing says "Amazin' Mets" more than a late 80's Nolan Ryan ). In light of this, I think the precedent more likely to be followed is that of the trio of Boston Red Sox: Agony and Hope, Boston Red Sox: The Curse is Broken, and Boston Red Sox: Dynasty, all of which share many cards with The Cursebreakers Collection (Boston Red Sox Edition).

Though this also begs the question, what other editions of Cursebreaker Collections could we see?

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 06:57 AM   #563
dancariaz
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post

The guessing is getting easier, but has anyone heard scuttlebutt on which teams might be represented in the next batch?...
My money is on the Yanks and Tigers being part of the next batch. I'm probably reading too much into it but I thought Kris hinted at those on various episodes of "This week in PT".

F2P Team
dancariaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 04:10 PM   #564
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

If I were doing it, I would release mission sets based on the final four teams: Yankees, Astros, Cardinals, Nationals (Expos).
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 04:26 PM   #565
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
If I were doing it, I would release mission sets based on the final four teams: Yankees, Astros, Cardinals, Nationals (Expos).
The Expos is already out and the Nationals don't have enough history for more than 1 mission, so replace that with Dodgers who should've won, anyway.
bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 04:30 PM   #566
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
While this would be an amazingly awesome tie in, it also assumes all missions are g2g and ready to be launched. I personally believe that rewards balancing, both in relation to mission difficulty and to how they affect teams, the market, and actual gameplay, is a significant factor in what missions we get and when we get them.

Primary Team

Old 10-11-2019, 04:38 PM   #567
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
The Expos is already out and the Nationals don't have enough history for more than 1 mission
Yes, you add a Nationals mission to the requirement for the Expos mission.
Old 10-13-2019, 02:15 AM   #568
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yes, you add a Nationals mission to the requirement for the Expos mission.
Or you just do a stand-alone Nationals mission similar to the Rays and Marlins ones. Much cleaner than futzing with an already existing mission.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 01:55 AM   #569
Renfro
Minors (Double A)

Future Legends Mission Completed

Well it took a while: I packed my first Future Legend (Brendan Rogers) on 6/21 but didn't start buying them on 7/16. Today (10/13) after quick buying Forest Whitley for 21k, I've finally completed the Future Legends mission.

The pricier pieces:

21000 Forest Whitley (97 SP)
19640 Alex Kirilloff (90 SP)
16000 MacKenzie Gore (96 SP)
14444 Kyle Wright (91 SP)
12815 Mitch Keller (90 SP)
12229 Francisco Mejia (90 C)
11000 Nick Senzel (94 2B)
11000 Nate Pearson (93 SP)
7999 Jesus Luzardo (90 SP)
7000 Michael Kopech (90 SP)
6994 A.J. Puk (89 SP)
4789 Keston Kiura (89 2B)

Overall, the 40 cards cost me 210378. Kind of a crazy number considering my team is FTP.

When I had enough players, I fielded a team with Cool Papa Bell and all Future Legends. At that point, we were in Perfect. When the team abruptly changed themes (jettisoning Clemens (97, whom I sold at a crazy profit), reserving Liriano (95), and Buck Leonard (93)) we promptly went 46-116. In Diamond, we went 237-237 over 3 season. Had to try. Had to see how a team largely made up of Future Legends would fare at the highest level of Perfect Team.

And playing the Future Legends was fun. I have a couple of deep keeper leagues (Ottoneu anyone?) so I'm up on many of these prospects. I was surprised at how well Keibert Ruiz hit (.290 / .354 / .449 over 175 games as my reserve catcher). And Taylor Trammell was a 20/20 player one season.

I'm most likely going to break up the theme, either this week or next, now that I have Griffey Jr. He was going for 300k when I started but now he's gone down to around 240k but there was no question I was going to play the card, and I want to surround him with higher quality players.

Renfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 03:43 AM   #570
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

So I just waded into THE DISCORD for the first time to see if there'd be any clarity on if/when new missions. The DISCORD PEOPLE seem to think no missions are forthcoming this week and that Kris (I assume Kris Jardine) said as much. Don't hold me to that too much, I'm just relaying what I saw because we aren't getting any info about it here. Unless, maybe, you watch all the streams and stuff which is not my cup of tea. I mean with Twitch streaming, and THE DISCORD, and Twitter, and forums--it's a bit overwhelming to try to stay on top of basic news. Grumble grumble grumble.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 01:13 PM   #571
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

Thats disappointing, I was hoping the Yanks missions would kick in this week for a nice boost to my squad but maybe we are looking at post-WS.
CrazyWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 03:28 PM   #572
Caedus
Minors (Single A)

Was really hoping for Yankees this week.
Old 10-14-2019, 03:31 PM   #573
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renfro View Post
When I had enough players, I fielded a team with Cool Papa Bell and all Future Legends. At that point, we were in Perfect. When the team abruptly changed themes (jettisoning Clemens (97, whom I sold at a crazy profit), reserving Liriano (95), and Buck Leonard (93)) we promptly went 46-116. In Diamond, we went 237-237 over 3 season. Had to try. Had to see how a team largely made up of Future Legends would fare at the highest level of Perfect Team.
I'm glad you're finding ways to have fun with your team, but I'm also surprised there was no backlash related to tanking.

Primary Team

Old 10-14-2019, 03:47 PM   #574
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

To be fair, thats a pretty clear theme change, not like he dropped to all irons or whatever. Nobody says you can't change themes, especially with all the diamond future legends.
CrazyWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 03:54 PM   #575
Drezik
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyWR View Post
Thats disappointing, I was hoping the Yanks missions would kick in this week for a nice boost to my squad but maybe we are looking at post-WS.
Same - I've been holding out on all my Yankees/Cardinals/Giants/Dodgers cards for quite awhile now.

Was just hoping for one of the 4...

Drezik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 06:25 PM   #576
Caliking
Minors (Rookie Ball)

As I wait to finish the A's mission I am also only 2 cards from completing live Dodgers: JT Chargois and Will Smith; been searching hourly for the past 5 days--nothing. Maddening!

Caliking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 08:13 PM   #577
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyWR View Post
To be fair, thats a pretty clear theme change, not like he dropped to all irons or whatever. Nobody says you can't change themes, especially with all the diamond future legends.
Except that it has been stated quite clearly that switching to certain themes is expressly prohibited due to the fact that they are inherently noncompetitive at the highest levels. Sure, this isn't as egregious as using all iron Unsung Heroes, but the results speak for themselves. This was a previously competitive team that switched to a theme that had no possibility of reaching anything approaching the previous competitive level. Throw in the future plans to rise back up through the ranks by reinstating a powerful team, as made clear by the statement about how there was no question the Griffey card would be played and how it deserves to be played by similarly powerful cards, and we see a clear intent to climb through the ranks a second time with an even more powerful card (and several powerful cards that were retained for this eventuality, such as Liriano and Leonard). This is a direct and deliberate disruption of the competitive balance. This is tanking.

Primary Team

Last edited by Dogberry99; 10-14-2019 at 08:18 PM.
Old 10-14-2019, 11:32 PM   #578
Renfro
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
This is tanking.
My bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliking View Post
As I wait to finish the A's mission I am also only 2 cards from completing live Dodgers: JT Chargois and Will Smith.
I know how you feel. I actually went and checked and I do have a Will Smith in my inactives. Send me a message and I'll put him up for Avg Past 7. I'll be on and off the computer for the next hour or so. Or, just send me a message and we can set up a time. I've actually never scheduled a deal on the forums but it's done all the time on the Discord, where timing can be a bit more precise.

I thought I had a Chargois, too, so I checked my records and lo, I did have him back in April. He was a 66 then.

Last edited by Renfro; 10-15-2019 at 12:10 AM.
Renfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 11:39 PM   #579
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
Except that it has been stated quite clearly that switching to certain themes is expressly prohibited due to the fact that they are inherently noncompetitive at the highest levels.
The developers have never said this.
Old 10-15-2019, 12:31 AM   #580
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
The developers have never said this.
The developers will never say this, as their official policy is to not comment on administrative action.

This clearly meets and exceeds the community accepted interpretation of the TOS as it pertains to tanking. This is tanking.

Primary Team