Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 05-06-2019, 09:34 PM   #1
TerrenceJesus08
Minors (Single A)

My 1300+ team, 48 league World Explained: The Reboot

Hello! I previously talked about this league in this post (https://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boa...d.php?t=295668). I got some questions on that post and figured I would make another thread instead of continuing to use the one from a few months ago. 9 in game years have based since then so it is a little out of date.

I track almost everything about my league in google spreadsheets

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
This one tracks everything about the American side of things. I run a team in the US so I track that country the closest. I have every playoff season, league standings, cup competition and even my NCAA feeder system recorded in here

This one tracks league champions for every single league in the world (expect the NCAA which is on the American Spreadsheet)

This sheet records all the World Super League information, dating back to World Series 1, which was held in 2035 in game

This sheet records all of the international (national team) tournaments I have ran over the years

If you have any questions about anything let me know and I will answer them! I have teams literally everywhere, so chances are I have a team within 50 miles of where you live. I update these spreadsheets whenever I play the game, which is often, so feel free to follow along! I am currently simming the 2083 World Super League, and should get into the 2083 regular season in the next few days.

The 2083 World Super League looks like this

OLD WORLD DIVISION
Kampala Warriors (Uganda)
Hamburg Mammoths (Germany)
Beijing Wolves (China)
Sakai Sting (Japan)
Tehran Sultans (Iran)
Brisbane Tide (Australia)
Wellington Blue Birds (New Zealand)
Machinda Vulcans (Japan)
Nicosia Navigators (Cyprus)
Beirut Redwoods (Lebanon)

NEW WORLD DIVISION)
Winnipeg Aliens (Canada)
Tijuana Lightning (Mexico)
Ciudad Bolivar Swallows (Venezuela)
Providence Pilgrims (Rhode Island)
Puerto Plata Pines (Dominican Republic)
Springfield Cardinals (Illinois)
Jacksonville Buccaneers (Florida)
Santiago de Cuba Lemons (Cuba)
Saint John Fishermen (Canada)
Manaus Greens (Brazil)

Last edited by TerrenceJesus08; 05-06-2019 at 09:53 PM.
TerrenceJesus08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 03:42 PM   #2
Englishtide73
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Im thinking of making a league like this but I wanna start off small and let it grow. I have some questions for ya. first how do you make your national teams? Is all your leagues in one big league so you can play teams from different leagues? do you make your own schedules so you can play qualifiers during regular season? and when you play qualifiers how does that impact the teams like pitching staffs and catchers and what not? are they considered exibitions? thank you
Englishtide73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 08:54 PM   #3
TerrenceJesus08
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Englishtide73 View Post
Im thinking of making a league like this but I wanna start off small and let it grow. I have some questions for ya. first how do you make your national teams? Is all your leagues in one big league so you can play teams from different leagues? do you make your own schedules so you can play qualifiers during regular season? and when you play qualifiers how does that impact the teams like pitching staffs and catchers and what not? are they considered exibitions? thank you
The national teams are made via the tournament feature in OOTP. Each "Association" or league is separate and dont play outside of the World Super League and such. Most of the leagues are single table so I just use OOTP generated balanced schedules, I do run custom schedules for the US Leagues. All the international stuff is played from October to November so its never going on during the regular season, they are considered tournament games.

I also started small with just a few leagues, then grew it naturally over time

Last edited by TerrenceJesus08; 05-26-2019 at 09:30 PM.
TerrenceJesus08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 12:17 PM   #4
Englishtide73
Minors (Rookie Ball)

how I have my little world set up is I have 4 US leagues and im playing a season with a schedule im custom making but the only way I know how to do that is in the edit schedule in league settings. each league only plays each other but then im also running what I call the US CUP. I have league games Monday and Friday doubleheaders and Wednesday is the cup games. when it asked how many games a team will play I put in 28 because that's how many league games im playing. so im waiting to see what happens when I hit 28 games total played. even though the cup games are tournament games it keeps tract in the league standings. im using google spreadsheet to keep separate league and CUP records. next season im gonna add Canada and Mexico and they'll have there own cups and im also adding a champions league and north American cup. I think im gonna cut the league down to 2 leagues and add a division 2.
Old 05-29-2019, 07:05 AM   #5
Walsh06
All Star Reserve

Just jumping in, Ive always found the easiest way to manage schedules is to make them yourself in xml and then load them into the game. Theres plenty of info and examples in the mod section of the forum on how to make and edit schedules.

I recently set up something similar to you where I have a three leagues all contributing teams to a champions league. The champions league is a tournament run during each of the leagues seasons. But as I have generated the schedules myself I have them all set up to not clash with each other. I play league games friday-sunday each weekend but theres a gap in the league schedule for champions league matches which plays group games every few weeks. It plays two games tuesday and wednesday and another two saturday and sunday. Then theres an extra off week in the league schedule when the champions league playoffs are on.
Old 05-31-2019, 04:05 PM   #6
Englishtide73
Minors (Rookie Ball)

yea it's a fun idea. I think im gonna go to having league games Monday and Tuesday instead of double headers. A MLB regular season is around 28 weeks so id like to keep it in that time frame.