Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 05-13-2019, 03:05 PM   #1
torpidbeaver
Major Leagues

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Does Your Team's Trading Block Work?

I've noticed that I don't seem to ever get offers on players who're on the trading block. Of course it could be the type of players I put on there, but this previous in-game year I put the eventual Cy Young Award-winning pitcher on the trading block and never got a single offer.

Guy wasn't a flash in the pan, either, as he's been tops in strikeouts and innings for multiple years. Just turned 31, has two years left in his contract making 14m.

Anyway, I'd chalk it up to one of those weird things, but I've noticed that I seldom (and possibly never) receive offers for those guys I usually throw up there: moderately-priced veterans who are still very valuable pieces. I'd expect one or two of the Win Now teams to at least throw up one of the CPU's typical ridiculously balanced trade offers, but they really only seem to target 26-year-old league minimum players who are crazy-overperforming their contracts.

My trade settings are neutral and hard, fwiw. I also have a few Needs listed in my trade tab, so I don't think that's it either.

Is anyone else seeing trade offers on the types of players who are often found on the trading block?
torpidbeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 03:28 PM   #2
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpidbeaver View Post
I've noticed that I don't seem to ever get offers on players who're on the trading block. Of course it could be the type of players I put on there, but this previous in-game year I put the eventual Cy Young Award-winning pitcher on the trading block and never got a single offer.

Guy wasn't a flash in the pan, either, as he's been tops in strikeouts and innings for multiple years. Just turned 31, has two years left in his contract making 14m.

Anyway, I'd chalk it up to one of those weird things, but I've noticed that I seldom (and possibly never) receive offers for those guys I usually throw up there: moderately-priced veterans who are still very valuable pieces. I'd expect one or two of the Win Now teams to at least throw up one of the CPU's typical ridiculously balanced trade offers, but they really only seem to target 26-year-old league minimum players who are crazy-overperforming their contracts.

My trade settings are neutral and hard, fwiw. I also have a few Needs listed in my trade tab, so I don't think that's it either.

Is anyone else seeing trade offers on the types of players who are often found on the trading block?

I find that as soon as I set my team needs so teams know what I'm looking for in return I get so many offers I'm tempted to take the player off the block because the emails are driving me bonkers . I wish I could offer more assistance, but I do agree this v20 I don't get AS MANY offers as I did in previous years.

Last edited by Findest2001; 05-13-2019 at 03:30 PM.
Findest2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 10:56 AM   #3
torpidbeaver
Major Leagues

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Might also have something to do with it being a carry-over save. I guess I'll try seeing what happens in a test fresh start game.
torpidbeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 11:04 AM   #4
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpidbeaver View Post
Might also have something to do with it being a carry-over save. I guess I'll try seeing what happens in a test fresh start game.

If it helps, mine is also a carry-over save from OOTP19.
Findest2001 is offline   Reply With Quote