Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 04-16-2019, 01:59 PM   #1
Tom88
Minors (Double A)

Spontaneous change from "head scout" to "osa ratings".

It's annoying that when browsing players' profiles, "head scout" changes from time to time on "osa ratings". And I have to click "head scout" every time.
Tom88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 02:06 PM   #2
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

Pretty sure it is happening every offseason at the start of the Winter Meetings. This has been my experience anyways.
Dyzalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 02:49 PM   #3
Tom88
Minors (Double A)

The time does not matter. All I need to do is check a lot of players and, for example, what about the seventh is changing.
Old 04-16-2019, 03:02 PM   #4
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

Well not sure what you are experiencing. What I'm seeing is a global change at the beginning of the Winter Meetings every year. I'm not seeing any other issues.
Dyzalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 03:06 PM   #5
Bulldawgz24
Minors (Triple A)

I had a similar issue when trying to work out a trade. I would set the others teams prospects to my scout, click on a player for more info, and when I went back to trade screen it would reset to OSA every time......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bulldawgz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 07:01 PM   #6
panda234
Minors (Triple A)

I’ve seen this a few times too and got burned by it.
panda234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 10:40 PM   #7
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

did you mouse over while using middle scroll button? i've done that on the rosters and transaction screen more than once.

there was a post earlier about osa becoming default view somehow. thought it got fixed, though.

is everyone in this thread on the same release? that could explain some different experiences too.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 01:18 AM   #8
torpidbeaver
Major Leagues

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Has also been happening to me.
torpidbeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 11:58 AM   #9
Tom88
Minors (Double A)

All you have to do is enter the profile of a historic retired person and then into an active player, it always changes to "osa ratings".
Old 04-19-2019, 07:40 PM   #10
Dave2554
Bat Boy

It's happened to me too ... I know I noticed it happen once when Winter Meetings started. I assumed it as a 'feature' designed to give you a sense for how your own players are viewed generally by other owners. But then it happened again a couple other times that didn't seem to correspond with any specific event. I would change all teams in my org back to my scout and after navigating away from my roster and back to it, all my players ratings at all levels were displayed by OSA ratings. I have noticed that if I close the game and re-open it, it goes back to showing my scout's ratings again. Easy work around, but annoying when it happens.
Dave2554 is offline   Reply With Quote