Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-12-2019, 10:25 PM   #1
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

International Leagues

Just trying to get a sense of what people think here...which international leagues do you think work well within OOT....and which ones do not?
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 05:43 AM   #2
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
Sorry for the length but really good topic.

Cuba doesn't work since they can't defect and don't have financials so will never leave Cuba. Also on challenge mode they produce mbl level talent and it can't be fixed. A problem if you turn their finances on.

Australia in challenge mode also produces MLB level talent in their drafts. That have free agency and purchasable contracts. Much smaller draft pool but they will start getting a handful of solid prospects. High money AI teams will buy them.

So I always take Cuba and Australia out. Turn on int existing free agents to 5 only from Cuba to act as my yearly defectors.

All the other int leagues I turn on. I like it because it produces game real int free agents and not random created ones. Also they have their own drafts and cuts. So young players might become free agents when cut or sign to Indy ball for a couple of years.

Cause you never know who will develop I think it's cool to see.

I will say that if your playing full int leagues you need full independent leagues too. Because all those undrafted and cut players actually need some where to play.

Italy and Netherlands are extremely weak. But if I can find a 1.5-2 star <21 I'll buy him throw him in rookie hall.

I did turn posting on for Taiwan as well. But I almost never see Taiwan, Japan, or Korea post. Extremely rare in my universe. They need their minor leagues system as well for over flow.

But solid free agents as veterans and 18-21 year old longshots. For the Asian int leagues.

Mexican league is a real mlb AAA non team affiliated league. So I think it should be turned on by default. I do think it's talent needs a 10% talent boost. As MLB means do buy Mexican league players often enough but for millions. I think in game it's 250k default.

I would like the purchase price as a range based on skill. 36 year old backup catcher you need ok maybe he is 250k but if there a young 2.5 star guy it probably should be 1 million..

1 more thing......

If you have roster limits and service time int leagues are even more important. Gives your major league and minor cuts and free agents some place better then Indy ball to play.

Never know that 18 year old 25th rnd draft pick you cut goes to Japan and at 23 he is a beast and free agent.

I like int and Indy because it gives all these players extra leagues to play in and develop. And helps to get rid of random established int free agents.
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 12:58 PM   #3
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Two things:

1. If you don’t play in challenge mode you can change the Cuban and Australian PCMs. I would suggest .800 for Cuba and .700 for Australia.

2. Cuba does now have a system where players can be free to sign with MLB teams after 6 years of service time or when they reach the age of 25 (for a fee)

Unfortunately it’s difficult to model this in OOTP ...but with the Cuban leave I’d say turn on financials as well as free agency.
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 01:21 PM   #4
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Australia and Cuba having too high PCMs are fixed for OOTP20.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 02:47 PM   #5
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Australia and Cuba having too high PCMs are fixed for OOTP20.
Great news indeed!!!!! Thx
Old 03-13-2019, 02:52 PM   #6
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
Two things:

2. Cuba does now have a system where players can be free to sign with MLB teams after 6 years of service time or when they reach the age of 25 (for a fee)

Unfortunately it’s difficult to model this in OOTP ...but with the Cuban leave I’d say turn on financials as well as free agency.
Oh that is pretty interesting. I would experiment with turning free agency on after 5 years but maybe also allowing buy outs at like 3-5 million. Again wish buyout were pro-rated or had a range. Also probably have to prevent non cuban free agents from signing in cuba.

Then all of the international free agents would have backgrounds and stats and I could get rid of any randomly generated ones.
Old 03-13-2019, 07:04 PM   #7
lexjandr
Bat Boy

They work okay if you're not playing as an international team.

They don't have their accurate draft rules, roster rules or ties. They also don't have any team history despite individual players having past stats.
lexjandr is offline   Reply With Quote