Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-05-2019, 08:22 AM   #1
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

might be starting over

I am curious as I am giving serious considerations of folding up my current save as I began it in OOTP12 and now in year 2079. Have thought about doing this last year but decided to continue the solo. I do not mind continuing as well.

What do you do with your folded solo league ???

Any suggestions is welcome.
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 09:39 AM   #2
eldur00
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nster View Post
I am curious as I am giving serious considerations of folding up my current save as I began it in OOTP12 and now in year 2079. Have thought about doing this last year but decided to continue the solo. I do not mind continuing as well.

What do you do with your folded solo league ???

Any suggestions is welcome.

In the past I've deleted them, and one of them I've regretted getting rid of because 2 years later I've wanted to go back to it, so don't make my mistake...baseball universes have that funny thing where you think you're done with them, then slowly you start thinking about a nice player story, then a team, then before you know it you miss the entire thing.

If you keep a league alive in an older version you can always import all the way back up, so unless you're dying for space on your computer's hard drive, I'd leave the league in the state it's in right now. And even if hurting for space, you can always upload the save on an external, thumb drive, or cloud...
eldur00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 09:43 AM   #3
Mr. Marlin
All Star Starter

I had a game running since OOTP 15 or 16. It was fictional and I made all the logos and uniforms myself. It started in 1900 and I simmed 20 seasons and took it from there. I played every season up to 2015, 5 different managerial careers. It was a lot of fun but it did eventually get old. I'm might port it to 20 at some point but I'm thinking when 20 comes out I might start fresh. Tabula Rasa. Start all new. Right now that appeals to me more
Mr. Marlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 01:48 PM   #4
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
Backup to the cloud for future reference?
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 03:03 PM   #5
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

it's a slow process... sometimes it skips steps..

it'll rot for a while in the saved directory... then maybe cling to existence in teh backup folder for a while after that too.

eventually i will look around and say to myself... i haven't touched that in a year or months etc and just delete it. context matters. kind of like getting over a relationship... the longer it is the longer the hangover, but obviously not so much about the negative feelings involved, lol.

a long-standing game like that, i'd probably only delete it if unused for >1 year or even longer. you should just bring it along, just in case, even if unused. it likely doesn't take up needed space -- could use free google drive, and only a little time converting it each release.

i'm the type of person that once i stop, i rarely go back. so it's easy for me to delete without anxiety.

may want to make a template.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 07:36 PM   #6
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmysthebestcop View Post
Backup to the cloud for future reference?
Out of curiousity whats the best cloud site ??? I see some free but not near enough data to hold and to keep resaving data to it at each save. As the ones that charge seem to be a bit too much for the data but yet I understand why the high cost. It seems the best way is external drive as that be cheaper in long run as in one time payment while "renting space" never stops paying.
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 08:39 PM   #7
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

external HD ... they're pretty cheap now days (just go a Seagate 3TB for under $100 last month). They'll hold all your saved game files easily.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 10:39 PM   #8
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nster View Post
Out of curiousity whats the best cloud site ??? I see some free but not near enough data to hold and to keep resaving data to it at each save. As the ones that charge seem to be a bit too much for the data but yet I understand why the high cost. It seems the best way is external drive as that be cheaper in long run as in one time payment while "renting space" never stops paying.
Google cloud by far is the best. Apple actually outsources apple cloud to Google lol

You get 15gb free with a Google account. I think 100gb is like $2 or $3 a month.

Think 1tb is $8-$10 a month.

Can't beat it. Plus it's windows, Mac, Android, iOS compatible. Might be Linux too but I forget.
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 10:23 PM   #9
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

megashare has fast downloads, i can speak to that. rivals google, if not mistaken. it too has free accounts... not sure if limit -- 15-50gb sounds right.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote