Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-04-2019, 08:49 PM   #1
AirmenSmith
Hall Of Famer

General Questions

I don't really make my own leagues but I started one about a couple months ago and wanted some input.

It is a small league with only 20 teams and one level of minors. So I'm interested in adding a feeder league but wanted to know a couple things.

1. I am wanting to add the 8 ivy league schools to my league. Those will be the only colleges in the game to feed the pros. So with these 8 schools will the AI only use the feeder league for the draft or will it make it's own players if it needs more prospects?

2. Let's say I make 30 high school teams and 8 ivy league schools. I set the min age in the pros to 20 and have the colleges feed the pros. I then make another league, maybe a winter or international league, that all the remaining high school players go. Would this work?

AirmenSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 04:02 PM   #2
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

2 -- this will definitely change the complexion of age distribution.

you'd have to look up threads with suggestions on hs:college proportions to get the right percentages.

pretty sure even if it supplements to fill draft, it's the bottom of the barrel created players. if it doesn't have any specific settings after you turn on the feeder system and see the new ui to work with, it likely just adds junk, if at all. the feeder setup threads will almost certainly cover this?

scale is important to quality in the case of a feeder system, if not mistaken. so, size will need to be dictated by # of MLB teams as opposed to how many hs and colleges you want to exist for personal reasons, and how ages are distributed will depend on ratio of hs:colleges. (not to rain on your parade)
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 02:42 PM   #3
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

you know, i shouldn't say you can't do it with smaller...

but, you'd have to adjust your eyes to whatever talent distribution results... autocalculating modifiers will get the league stats to average out. how that translates to teh players that exist i do not have a clue.

since it's a smaller feeder system, i'd expect less talent. you'd just have to be comfortable with a new ~average/~median etc... as long as the distribution is still pyramidal, you'll get similar statistical results for the individual players. (few at the top, fat at bottom, and with enough deviation to create stratification in results -- i.e. not flat or extremely parabolic... not limited to those contexts)
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 03:10 PM   #4
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

adding minor leagues

sorry please delete
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote