Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 02-25-2019, 10:59 AM   #1
JonesyZzZ
Bat Boy

Error Code 51

Recently, the office I work at started using a new anti-virus program. This has blocked a lot of games from being launched, on Steam this gives "Error Code 51".

I've tried to work around it by launching Steam in offline mode and disconnecting from the internet when launching, to no avail.

I believe the issue stems from OOTP 19 needing to connect online, and then being blocked by the anti-virus. Does anyone happen to know a workaround for this type of issue? If working around it isn't possible, then forwarding the ports for the game is also a possibility, but I don't happen to know those.

Any help is appreciated, just trying to get those OOTP 19 lunch sessions in!
JonesyZzZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 11:27 PM   #2
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
Yup its blocking steam from hitting their steam servers. I think steam has a page specifically for that error.

most likely have to go into anti virus and firewall and create exceptions for entire steam folder and sub-directories. https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...2235-YXVB-8261

opening ports and all that won't help if the AV/FW program isn't allowing the variose .exe and .dll from connecting to the net.
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 10:08 AM   #3
JonesyZzZ
Bat Boy

Thanks for the reply Jimmy.

Unfortunately the anti-virus software is uneditable from my side, only the admin side, so I'm not able to make any exceptions. Other games in the office have been unblocked by forwarding the appropriate ports, but if that wouldn't help here then I'm at a bit of a loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmysthebestcop View Post
Yup its blocking steam from hitting their steam servers. I think steam has a page specifically for that error.

most likely have to go into anti virus and firewall and create exceptions for entire steam folder and sub-directories. https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...2235-YXVB-8261

opening ports and all that won't help if the AV/FW program isn't allowing the variose .exe and .dll from connecting to the net.
Old 02-28-2019, 08:19 PM   #4
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

you need a non-steam version for ootp20.

quit playing games at work, lol.... but, it doesn't require a connection without steam.

please note that there is nothing you can get away with. once they start looking, they will know what you've done one way or another. you will get fired or something negative, if short of that.

best bet is offline mode... a laptop that looks like your work laptop but is not your work laptop. make sure peopel don't see both at the same time, lol.

anything on their network is not going to end well for you. i'd even make sure to disable the wifi adapter before nearing your place of work. impossible to communicate its existence.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 06:39 PM   #5
JonesyZzZ
Bat Boy

Thanks for the advice NoOne, looks like a non-steam version is the play for ootp20.

I understand your concern about the games at work, but I actually work for a video games company and it's a very loose atmosphere for this kind of thing. PC game sessions during lunch break are very common.

Thanks again.
Old 03-06-2019, 02:42 AM   #6
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Wonder if you could play perfect team or use challenge mode even with a stand alone installer or if the AV program will flag it?

If you can check the AV program might have a default directory setup for exclusions. If that is the case then you can just install steam, games, stand alones to that directory.

Some AV programs you can manually create a registry file for excluded folders.

Might help us if you give us the program name and version of the AV software?
Old 03-07-2019, 10:01 AM   #7
JonesyZzZ
Bat Boy

Honestly I feel like the AV blocker would probably block the standalone version as well, but there's a chance it doesn't.

The AV program is CB Defense. From what I understand it's a corporate AV program, so there's no chance for me to make any changes on it from my computer.
Old 03-07-2019, 12:34 PM   #8
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonesyZzZ View Post
Honestly I feel like the AV blocker would probably block the standalone version as well, but there's a chance it doesn't.

The AV program is CB Defense. From what I understand it's a corporate AV program, so there's no chance for me to make any changes on it from my computer.
Download the demo and see if it launches as a test
Old 03-07-2019, 02:38 PM   #9
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

if it's allowed, then contact the IT dept. if it's not a security issue, they can open it up for that program.

it would be odd that they'd block steam somewhere they allow games to be played without a cause, just an educated guess though. you wouldn't be the first to have a problem playing steam games at this point, but you never know.

what about through a vpn or similar? probably blocked? you'd be tunnelling through their network, but not actually on it... so, may get around it?

i set up a firewall to block all my game exes. so it's not about communication with a non-steam ootp as far as starting up. it'd only be a security program blocking running exes not recognized or alien etc..
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote