Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 01-04-2017, 04:23 PM   #1
jparker2112
All Star Reserve

League Idea but need HELP

So Im pondering doing an international world league of sorts. Im gonna start with 4 teams in the US in 1871. From there every few years a new league around the world will pop up, up to 8 lgs. My goal is to have those lgs running with 4 teams for a while and then introduce an off season tourney: A World Champions Cup every year made up of the international champions to find the TRUE World Champion. I figure by 1920 all 8 lgs will be up and ready for the Cup challenge. I also want to have expansion be in effect for all the lgs as well as the ability to "loan" or sell players to teams in diff lgs. Im planning on having a world wide salary cap as well, but market size will dictate that (think Chelsea v. Stoke City in EPL)

AM i out of my mind in trying this? If not, how can i create that off season Cup each year? And to those veterans out there...what pitfalls should i be on the lookout for that i havent thought of? ANY ideas will be so very appreciated!
Thanks!
jparker2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 04:48 PM   #2
hqbaseball
Minors (Single A)

I recommend checking CivicEvo's dynasty called Growing Baseball Worldwide: A business dynasty. Not only is it a quality read, it will give you all of your information. Unfortunately, you can't do world tournament in the same saved game. I think you have to duplicate all players into a different game.
hqbaseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 05:01 PM   #3
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

What you want to do is actually quite simple in OOTP. Just create a League Association and you can use that to schedule a post-season(s) tournament. It's pretty basic (tournaments and some shared league rules are basically the extent of it), but it'll do what you want.

The downside is that stats aren't compiled for the tournaments, so you'd have to do that manually.
Old 01-04-2017, 05:04 PM   #4
jparker2112
All Star Reserve

I cant do a world tournament even if the lgs are the different part of the world? Like, what if i had diff lgs for diff parts of the US. couldnt i do a tourney based on that? thatd be the same idea..i think as in multiple lgs with those winners competing in the tourney

Last edited by jparker2112; 01-04-2017 at 05:06 PM.
Old 01-04-2017, 05:04 PM   #5
ptautscher
Minors (Triple A)

also youll need to check whilst expanding the league that you have enough players to fill the new teams otherwise you will be left with a weak league
Old 01-04-2017, 05:11 PM   #6
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jparker2112 View Post
I cant do a world tournament even if the lgs are the different part of the world? Like, what if i had diff lgs for diff parts of the US. couldnt i do a tourney based on that? thatd be the same idea..i think as in multiple lgs with those winners competing in the tourney
I think the one limitation is that leagues can only be in one Association at a time. But you can have leagues from anywhere in the same Association.

Last edited by eriqjaffe; 01-04-2017 at 05:13 PM.
eriqjaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 05:12 PM   #7
jparker2112
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptautscher View Post
also youll need to check whilst expanding the league that you have enough players to fill the new teams otherwise you will be left with a weak league
Im taking that VERy slowly to ensure that exactly what you mentioned does not happen. Thanks for the heads up! Im thinking of having an international draft class since its not TRULY a WBC...more like a soccer (football) idea. So a team from Germany COULD have a few Colombian players etc.
Old 01-04-2017, 05:57 PM   #8
ptautscher
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jparker2112 View Post
Im taking that VERy slowly to ensure that exactly what you mentioned does not happen. Thanks for the heads up! Im thinking of having an international draft class since its not TRULY a WBC...more like a soccer (football) idea. So a team from Germany COULD have a few Colombian players etc.
as im english i guess im looking forward to this. and its FOOTBALL and AMERICAN FOOTBALL although i feel thats not a popular thing to say round here lol
Old 01-04-2017, 07:15 PM   #9
jparker2112
All Star Reserve

i think i have a way to do it...crossing my fingers its not epic brain damage! I think Im gonna change it to where in 1871 all 8 countries introduce baseball under one federation. start with 4 teams each and expand periodically..just need to find La Liga/Bundisliga logos and unis...I may use either defunct Arena Football teams for the US of the totally defunct XFL. Canada will have NHL teams. England/Germany/Spain will have their top tier FOOTBALL club logos and Japan/Korea/Mexico will have their baseball league logos and such. Will ponder expansion (to new countries) after a few decades I think. Ideally want to get the original 8 to either 8 or 10 teams each and see how that goes. its gonna be a trial and error thing for sure. Thanks for your help!
Old 01-04-2017, 08:13 PM   #10
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

why 1871?

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote