Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 09-03-2016, 09:11 PM   #41
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

What I mean he is missing from Database becuase Iv'e added the Royals Draft Picks from this year to the Royals and noticed some missing in Database.
Also if in Commissioner Mode none of my MLBer's have got Traded but have had Hosmer go back and forth once so far and Morales get DFA 2 times so far.
Old 09-03-2016, 10:20 PM   #42
BaseballLife322
Minors (Double A)

I know we want rosters to be picture perfect, but instead of complaining about every little thing, why not be grateful for the roster makers? They don't get paid for this, they do it because they want to help out, I'm sure most of them have other things in life to do, instead of making sure they get every little detail right.
BaseballLife322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 11:08 PM   #43
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgom27 View Post
What I mean he is missing from Database becuase Iv'e added the Royals Draft Picks from this year to the Royals and noticed some missing in Database.
You're complaining about a guy taken in the 35th round....if I recall, guys taken that late were not added because they are not "big prospects"....he will most likely be in OOTP18 roster set. But as people have said to you many times.....feel free to add him in the editor.

Last edited by ohiodevil; 09-03-2016 at 11:09 PM.
ohiodevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 12:32 AM   #44
BaseballLife322
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiodevil View Post
You're complaining about a guy taken in the 35th round....if I recall, guys taken that late were not added because they are not "big prospects"....he will most likely be in OOTP18 roster set. But as people have said to you many times.....feel free to add him in the editor.

I think a lot of people forget, that if there's a certain player they want missing, they can just add them, themselves.

I mean, I like having the rosters as realistic as anyone, but I think it's unfair to nitpick little things to you guys. Maybe if you guys got paid for this, then these criticisms would be fair, but you're using your own personal time for this... so it's not fair at all

People should start a gofundme for you guys, donate money and then maybe every prospect known to mankind will be in it... Until then.... it's just way too much work.
Old 09-04-2016, 01:50 AM   #45
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

I think we've been pretty clear in discussing this in the past. The game caps the players available in the draft at around 1300 per year.

Given that that number includes more than a few top HS guys who have essentially priced themselves out of being picked and are sure to go to college, there are always going to be a few late-round college type picks that may be present in our db, but won't be included in the top 1300 that make it into the draft in game.

It's not 100% optimal, but it's what we have to work with at this point in time. In OOTP18, everyone drafted and signed will be present for sure. So if you aren't totally happy with the free updates for OOTP17 missing a player or two here or there, well then just buy OOTP18 and it'll have every single one of those guys included, plus more future draft prospects, international players and tons of other great stuff included as well!
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 06:27 PM   #46
daves
Hall Of Famer

So this quick start has players from 8-30 on team as of 04-01. What rosters do the historical leagues have? Beginning or end of season rosters?

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 08:38 PM   #47
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

I'm not creating the missing people will just wait because won the World Series in 2016 against the Mets but my Owner was mad I didn't resign Cain but A. GM trade him.
A suggestion end of Season Rosters from MLB to Rookie Ball.
Old 09-04-2016, 08:46 PM   #48
BaseballLife322
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgom27 View Post
I'm not creating the missing people will just wait because won the World Series in 2016 against the Mets but my Owner was mad I didn't resign Cain but A. GM trade him.
A suggestion end of Season Rosters from MLB to Rookie Ball.

you should start a gofundme page for the roster makers, you want them to do FREE work... That they don't get paid for.
Old 09-04-2016, 09:09 PM   #49
ArcAngel
All Star Starter

Just be happy with what you have and move on.
ArcAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 09:24 PM   #50
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
So this quick start has players from 8-30 on team as of 04-01. What rosters do the historical leagues have? Beginning or end of season rosters?
Beginning of the season for historical
ohiodevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 02:00 PM   #51
icedragon15
Minors (Single A)

is it me or the draft pool missing hudson sanchez ss padres first round pick ?"
icedragon15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 02:09 PM   #52
haveband
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedragon15 View Post
is it me or the draft pool missing hudson sanchez ss padres first round pick ?"
milb.com has him listed as Hudson Potts which is what he is in game

Hudson Potts Stats, Highlights, Bio | MiLB.com Stats | The Official Site of Minor League Baseball
haveband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 08:44 PM   #53
Aplyley
Minors (Double A)

Thank you to those who took the time to do this! Really appreciate all the hard work put in.

Last edited by Aplyley; 09-06-2016 at 09:00 PM.
Aplyley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 09:12 PM   #54
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
Just be happy with what you have and move on.
Mgom27 will never be happy with anything roster related unless it's 100% accurate at every moment. And even then, he'd still find something to request.

Personally, considering it's FREE work, we should all be very grateful of the roster teams work.
Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 11:14 PM   #55
homerj
Minors (Double A)

Is there a way this roster can have postseason stats for the players?
homerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 11:31 PM   #56
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerj View Post
Is there a way this roster can have postseason stats for the players?
Not easily and certainly not before next year, at the best (and maybe not even then).

Sorry!
Old 09-06-2016, 11:34 PM   #57
homerj
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
Not easily and certainly not before next year, at the best (and maybe not even then).

Sorry!
What I don't understand about this, is the data is there in the historical data. Import someone into a 2016 season, they have their stats there. It's just not in any of the default .wtp files.

Is there a way to easily just replace everyone with their historical database(retired and current) counterparts in a 2016 start? Why is the 2016 default data different than historical?

Last edited by homerj; 09-06-2016 at 11:35 PM. Reason: More stuff
Old 09-06-2016, 11:44 PM   #58
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerj View Post
What I don't understand about this, is the data is there in the historical data. Import someone into a 2016 season, they have their stats there. It's just not in any of the default .wtp files.

Is there a way to easily just replace everyone with their historical database(retired and current) counterparts in a 2016 start? Why is the 2016 default data different than historical?
It just is. It's one of those things. I'm sure it might seem strange as an outsider, but we're basically talking about two totally and completely different systems.

Historical uses a Lahman db. Modern uses an OOTP proprietary db.

We could import the historical data to the modern db but the id's, and really everything else don't match, so there'd be a ton of work to get things sorted out.

It's not impossible to do by any means, but it'd take far more time and effort than are readily available to our small team at this point in time.

Hopefully that will change in the future, but for now it just is what it is.
Old 09-07-2016, 12:29 AM   #59
icedragon15
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveband View Post
milb.com has him listed as Hudson Potts which is what he is in game

Hudson Potts Stats, Highlights, Bio | MiLB.com Stats | The Official Site of Minor League Baseball
thanks havaband for help wtf on their other it say hudson sanchez but milb says hudson potts wtf is up wit htaht nvm he just recencrtl y change his last name so thanks haveband for help. another quesiton on draft pool i f i edit or copy some players will it work ?

Last edited by icedragon15; 09-07-2016 at 02:19 PM.
icedragon15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 06:35 PM   #60
homerj
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
It just is. It's one of those things. I'm sure it might seem strange as an outsider, but we're basically talking about two totally and completely different systems.

Historical uses a Lahman db. Modern uses an OOTP proprietary db.

We could import the historical data to the modern db but the id's, and really everything else don't match, so there'd be a ton of work to get things sorted out.

It's not impossible to do by any means, but it'd take far more time and effort than are readily available to our small team at this point in time.

Hopefully that will change in the future, but for now it just is what it is.
So they don't give the roster editors a utility to write a default.wtp/player.dat directly? Generally stuff like that on my end, that's what I do, if I need to edit "uneditable" things. Just didn't feel like writing something that would do it in batch for the entire player.dat and retired.dat files for the entire post-season Lahman data.

What I would have thought, was Lahman was pulled in as part of baking the default.wtp and something just got broken in the process.

Interesting...