Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 05-07-2016, 10:50 AM   #41
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I took 3D OFF of "wide" mode and so far no lockups after 3 games. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 10:57 AM   #42
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

no it wont happen all the time. Its quite intermittent. I haven't had it happen since yesterday. There seems in my case no common denominator as yet for me and if there is I haven't caught it yet. maybe I should put a warrant out for its arrest LOL.

What I do is save game after each game so when it does freeze again. This way when it occurs I only lose one day or game.
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 11:12 AM   #43
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

May have tracked it down - looks like it might just be randomly, depending on how the ball bounces, sometimes we get weird cases that cause it to blow up. Certainly doesn't happen every game, but appears to happen enough to be a problem. We'll keep investigating and may have to release another fix for it soon depending what exactly we track down.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 04:55 PM   #44
vegaspomeranians
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
May have tracked it down - looks like it might just be randomly, depending on how the ball bounces, sometimes we get weird cases that cause it to blow up. Certainly doesn't happen every game, but appears to happen enough to be a problem. We'll keep investigating and may have to release another fix for it soon depending what exactly we track down.
Yeah a weird bounce is what happened to me. The play said Player X hit a check swing in front of the plate and the ball rolled past the shortstop and the catcher chased it all the way into left center field then locked up. It was weird to see the catcher pawn piece run to left center field gap to field the ball.
vegaspomeranians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 07:52 PM   #45
james17
All Star Starter

Quote:
Great news that you may have found it. Glad to hear it's been acknowledged and that you guys are working on it.

It's amazing how much I enjoy 3D.
james17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 09:39 PM   #46
Jberney
Bat Boy

Personel positions

Is there going to be a reorganization of the available personel?
Jberney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 09:02 AM   #47
highandoutside
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Glad to hear this is being worked on. I really miss 3d. However, one of my crashes (error report copied over in the bugs report thread) came after a routine fly ball. No weird bounces before the shut down.
highandoutside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 06:44 PM   #48
bpatrol
Bat Boy

Ever since this last upgrade, the "Make This Work Now" button when trading now takes about 1-2 minutes to go through, where as it would take about 5 seconds before.
bpatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 10:01 AM   #49
Coltrane
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by james17 View Post
Great news that you may have found it. Glad to hear it's been acknowledged and that you guys are working on it.

It's amazing how much I enjoy 3D.
Same here James. When it kept crashing on me yesterday I figured I'd wait on 3D until a fix is released and then I found myself saying "Ok, now how did I play this game pre-3D again?"
Coltrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 01:46 PM   #50
james17
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltrane View Post
Same here James. When it kept crashing on me yesterday I figured I'd wait on 3D until a fix is released and then I found myself saying "Ok, now how did I play this game pre-3D again?"
I got a good laugh out of your reply because I had to 'retrain' myself just like you did to play the old way!
Old 05-09-2016, 04:01 PM   #51
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

darn got bit again in the bottom of 9th inning of world series in a amazing come from behind (away team) soon to be victory with one out in the bottom of 9th got bit with the not responding message GRRR. Was getting excited with the come from behind seemingly victory.

Ended up losing the game 3 to 2 on the do over game. GRRR but hopes to overcome the 2 games to none Series.

Last edited by r0nster; 05-09-2016 at 04:21 PM.
Old 05-09-2016, 04:03 PM   #52
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

what would be nice is the ability to save each half inning of each game if we playout the game. So if we get a freeze up we wouldn't lose the game entirely
Old 05-09-2016, 04:38 PM   #53
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nster View Post
what would be nice is the ability to save each half inning of each game if we playout the game. So if we get a freeze up we wouldn't lose the game entirely
I assume you mean automatically? Because the option to Save & Leave is always available manually.
Old 05-09-2016, 04:41 PM   #54
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpatrol View Post
Ever since this last upgrade, the "Make This Work Now" button when trading now takes about 1-2 minutes to go through, where as it would take about 5 seconds before.
Not on every occasion, I don't imagine. We wanted smarter, and we got it. Have to have a bit of patience as more calculations do require a bit more time to evaluate. To each his own. I think the offerings are a bit more in line than they were and I'm willing to wait, in my case, the 30-45 seconds it does take sometimes. Obviously, 10 minutes plus is a problem. Means to an end. For the moment, I favor the end, regardless of the means.
Old 05-09-2016, 05:37 PM   #55
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Not on every occasion, I don't imagine. We wanted smarter, and we got it. Have to have a bit of patience as more calculations do require a bit more time to evaluate. To each his own. I think the offerings are a bit more in line than they were and I'm willing to wait, in my case, the 30-45 seconds it does take sometimes. Obviously, 10 minutes plus is a problem. Means to an end. For the moment, I favor the end, regardless of the means.
Other factors aside, it must be a large baseball league/universe involved. My "Make this work now" does not take that long, but I only have a 16-team MLB (currently 1911), four minor league levels (yeah, I know, an anachronism), and an NCAA feeder league ("In 1911? Are you kidding me?" No, I'm not jesting. Play OOTPB your way, they say!)

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 06:01 PM   #56
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I assume you mean automatically? Because the option to Save & Leave is always available manually.

Is a good idea but unfortunately it wouldn't work for your saving the game but when the game freezes you lose everything that wasn't saved of which is usually BEFORE the game itself. Everything after that save would then be gone.

Last edited by r0nster; 05-10-2016 at 07:25 AM.
Old 05-09-2016, 08:22 PM   #57
james17
All Star Starter

Quote:
I haven't noticed it taking any longer but if it did the new improved trading AI would be worth it. Just my opinion.
Old 05-10-2016, 04:07 AM   #58
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...available.html
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote