Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 03-11-2015, 09:32 PM   #1
trenicholls
Bat Boy

Minor league questions

Just wondering how people manage their minor league, do you place players based on age, or skill, or do you just move players up and down based on how their doing? I would rather do it myself than let the ai, so just asking some thoughts.
trenicholls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 08:24 AM   #2
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Based on how they're doing.

I might consider the AI's recommendation, but for me it's performance based.

If he's struggling, he probably needs to go down 1 level.

Tearing it up, he's possibly ready for the next level.

I try to give them lots of playing time at the level they're most competitive at.
Bluenoser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 09:53 AM   #3
smiller
Major Leagues

I play stats only, so it's all on how they're doing.
smiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 10:49 AM   #4
trenicholls
Bat Boy

Allot of micromanagement If you choose to do it yourself, I guess experimenting is the way to go, I'm guessing if you move them up too fast it hurts their development? Does it hurt them if you don't move them up when their doing good? Are the rookie leagues all the same, as level of competition.
Old 03-12-2015, 10:54 AM   #5
Rockfan616
Minors (Triple A)

Like everyone else, it's all based on how they are doing. If you have a hotshot prospect but he's struggling at a certain level, you've got to either keep him there or maybe move him down a level to regain confidence. Just because he might be a 4 or 5 star prospect (if you don't play stats only but on ratings) and you just brought him up to AA from high A and he's struggling, then you probably brought him up too soon. I go with a combination of the AI and my own thought process normally. Works pretty well too.
Rockfan616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 11:17 AM   #6
trenicholls
Bat Boy

Full of questions on this, how many players do you keep on each team, I decided to take over myself when I noticed some of my rookie leagues had 40 players, and my minor leagues all had over 30, felt like there were too many, so I've started to sort it all out, my thought was 28 players for my minor leagues and maybe 35 + players for my rookie leagues
Old 03-12-2015, 11:19 AM   #7
trenicholls
Bat Boy

Or do you try to keep them near the 25 player limit, depending on injuries of course, this way everyone gets lots of playing time, I assume this improves their development the more they play, In the appropriate league
Old 03-12-2015, 12:56 PM   #8
GMLoophole
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenicholls View Post
Or do you try to keep them near the 25 player limit, depending on injuries of course, this way everyone gets lots of playing time, I assume this improves their development the more they play, In the appropriate league
I keep under 30 except for the rookie league team (in an ML setup) which always seems to be gigantic.

Also, I do a lot of age-based pruning; the AI often wants to send 27 year olds to A ball, and I just dump them and move up or sign more young players.
GMLoophole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 03:10 PM   #9
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

I call people up based on a combination of stats and how much potential my scout thinks they have. Usually younger guys, although I have been known to call up an aging career minor leaguer for a cup o' coffee if I'm far ahead or behind in the standings in September. I'm an old softie like that.
ThatSeventiesGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 04:16 PM   #10
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenicholls View Post
I keep

7 SP (So 2 injuries will still field a team)
7-8MR/CL
3 Catchers
7 IF- (So 2 injuries will still field a team)
6 OF- (So 2 injuries will still field a team)

I do not enjoy playing minor league DL manager. The vast majority of minor league players will never see my AAA roster.
I prune right after the draft where I can compare the incoming players to the existing ones.
1) Prune by age
2) Prune by POT decline. I use 1-10 for POT. I check all players with <4 POT in ST/MOV/CON and CON/POW/EYE. I look for declining POT in any of these categories. 90+% they will be cut.
3) Then is becomes a relative talent game. I promote based on Eye for hitters (usually) and Control for pitchers (usually). I am of the opinion that these are the last ratings to increase in development.
4) For the prospects that I expect to contribute at the ML level I use force start to ensure they are getting innings.
5) Through the season I do a quick run through the minors once every month or two to see if promotions or cuts need to happen.

Last edited by TGH-Adfabre; 03-12-2015 at 04:17 PM.
TGH-Adfabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 05:01 PM   #11
trenicholls
Bat Boy

Thanks allot guys, great info, took me hours to sort it out, but I know my roster so much better, was really worth it, I'm going to do the same, just go by age, keep filling my rookie leagues with kids and let them work there way up, then when they get to old, cut em loose, reminds of hoi3, ranking my military!!!! When you get good, your on the front lines. Thanks again
Old 03-12-2015, 05:07 PM   #12
trenicholls
Bat Boy

How about international leagues, is there too young for promotion to my rookie leagues, I've brought a 16year old up from international league, not sure if this was a good idea or not, I've never tried but I assume you can't sent them back to international
Old 03-12-2015, 05:22 PM   #13
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Cannot send them back, it starts their service clock, I think that is the disadvantage.