Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Public Beta Test
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2013, 07:36 PM   #41
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methodz View Post
odd

I downloaded the packs

Deleted the default packs
Extracted the newer ones into
C:\Program Files (x86)\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager 2014\default_data\quickstart_games\Majors.quick\gr aphics

Started a new game

No real logos as far as I can tell
Are you sure they extracted into the \logo_leagues and \logo_teams directories below \graphics?
Old 03-04-2013, 07:40 PM   #42
shadowsaint
Bat Boy

Activated four times now..if i crash or exit and restart the game..i need to input my serial number each time and re-activate.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:51 PM   #43
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowsaint View Post
Activated four times now..if i crash or exit and restart the game..i need to input my serial number each time and re-activate.
Hmm...try running the game as adminstrator if you're not already. That sounds suspiciously like the activation key file isn't getting saved.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:52 PM   #44
Methodz
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Are you sure they extracted into the \logo_leagues and \logo_teams directories below \graphics?
yup

Did I need to start a new game or a quickstart in order to take advantage of the logos?
Old 03-04-2013, 08:08 PM   #45
shadowsaint
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Hmm...try running the game as adminstrator if you're not already. That sounds suspiciously like the activation key file isn't getting saved.
Have tried that without any luck. Keeps activating but won't save it for some reason.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:10 PM   #46
highheat42
Minors (Double A)

Did an NHL logo pack come with the download or is it something you added on?
Old 03-04-2013, 08:12 PM   #47
Jagorix
Bat Boy

Quote:
odd

I downloaded the packs

Deleted the default packs
Extracted the newer ones into
C:\Program Files (x86)\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager 2014\default_data\quickstart_games\Majors.quick\gr aphics

Started a new game

No real logos as far as I can tell
You need to put it in C:\My Documents\Out of the Park Developments\etc.etc...

not C:\Program Files (x86)\Out of the Park Developments\etc etc...
Old 03-04-2013, 08:15 PM   #48
Probert24
Minors (Single A)

lol - WOW - this is almost like "Black Friday" - only in early March instead of late November!

Enjoy, guys!

One thought - (and maybe this should be in a separate thread) - I'd be interested to see the outputs of some of the games to get a feel for how the stats are looking. Jeff - would it be best if one of us just started a new thread for gamers to post stuff like stats, box scores, etc.? Or would there be any efficiency even in having a separate part of the beta sub available? Either way - it's just a thought.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:40 PM   #49
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
yup

Did I need to start a new game or a quickstart in order to take advantage of the logos?

I think it'll work if you copy them into your existing save directory, too - it's the same directory structure. If they're in quickstart only, yeah, you have to start a new game.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:50 PM   #50
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowsaint View Post
PM sent.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:17 PM   #51
viper091887
Bat Boy

I need help

I bought the game, when i click on the link in the email it says my access is denied and wont let me do anything with it.

When I try to download the set up file from the site it will go through the complete download and then when i try to open it, it says that i should try and reinstall it cause it is not valid. Please someone help!!!
Old 03-04-2013, 10:25 PM   #52
ZKobalt
Bat Boy

I haven't bought the game yet, as I wanted to see if I can download all the things I need to play this game before I buy it. However, while I was installing, I kept getting this message, anyone know how to fix?

Old 03-05-2013, 03:30 AM   #53
Anemic_royaltea
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I guess I should count myself lucky I didn't encounter even token resistance.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:10 PM   #54
kexet
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I pre-ordered the game like 3-4 h ago, when will i get the key sent to my email?
Old 03-05-2013, 05:54 PM   #55
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kexet View Post
I pre-ordered the game like 3-4 h ago, when will i get the key sent to my email?
Usually after 5 seconds - please send me your name and email addy used for the purchase.
Old 03-09-2013, 03:49 PM   #56
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Can we edit Teams because I want to do is Drafted by Teams?

Last edited by mgom27; 03-09-2013 at 06:28 PM.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:35 PM   #57
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

I downloaded it and was disappointed to find that I would have to preorder the game before trying the demo. I am a marginal hockey fan at best, but I love sports management sims and would consider buying this one.

Sorry, but I can't justify committing to buying a game that is still in the beta demo stage.
Cultural icons, gone but not forgotten: David Bowie, Lou Reed, William S. Burroughs, Tristan Tzara, Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsburg, Jimi Hendrix, John Cage, Johnny Thunders (New York Dolls), Mike Hudson (The Pagans), Joey Ramone (Ramones), Stiv Bators (Dead Boys), Tomata Du Plenty (The Screamers), Joe Strummer (The Clash), Lester Bangs
Old 03-09-2013, 04:58 PM   #58
batdad
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonin View Post
I downloaded it and was disappointed to find that I would have to preorder the game before trying the demo. I am a marginal hockey fan at best, but I love sports management sims and would consider buying this one.

Sorry, but I can't justify committing to buying a game that is still in the beta demo stage.
That is fine, the beta is $10 cheaper and will give you access to the complete release game in September. Most of the guys who are purchasing early fall into a couple of categories.

1. Those who are interested in helping make a game of any kind, and want to make the game cool. These guys are probably fewer than most.
2. Sports management gamer types. Who want to make this game as good as any, or better than any...and are interested in helping do so.
3. Hockey fanatics--Those like me who just love the game and spend tons of time involved watching, playing, coaching, video game playing.
4. Cheap b*****ds who like hockey and video games and want to save a buck. I kind of fall in here too.

If you are not a hockey guy, and not a gamer or sports management guy this game may not be for you just yet....but hope you spend the extra bucks come September.
Old 03-09-2013, 05:07 PM   #59
Mafarfloune
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonin View Post

It is not in demo stage, and I'm pretty sure you'll be able to play a demo when the game is officially released.
Old 03-09-2013, 06:12 PM   #60
shawa666
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by batdad View Post
That is fine, the beta is $10 cheaper and will give you access to the complete release game in September. Most of the guys who are purchasing early fall into a couple of categories.

1. Those who are interested in helping make a game of any kind, and want to make the game cool. These guys are probably fewer than most.
2. Sports management gamer types. Who want to make this game as good as any, or better than any...and are interested in helping do so.
3. Hockey fanatics--Those like me who just love the game and spend tons of time involved watching, playing, coaching, video game playing.
4. Cheap b*****ds who like hockey and video games and want to save a buck. I kind of fall in here too.

If you are not a hockey guy, and not a gamer or sports management guy this game may not be for you just yet....but hope you spend the extra bucks come September.
You forgot the OOTPD fanboys. If Markus says give me money, we ask how much?