Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2005, 04:31 PM   #1
Maximus
Major Leagues

(Help)Question about davwms' Origin Generator

I use this utility often but I have a little problem here. I want to start my league over with the default names(the ones that come with OOTP6) again (not using this utility). How can I do this since davwms' Origin Generator utility overwrites the default names in the .lg folder?

I tried to make a dummy league where I had the same amount of teams, ect but that doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Thank you.
Old 04-20-2005, 05:07 PM   #2
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

The new players created (the next 1st year draft) will create new fictional players without using the utility. If you are looking to replace the names of the player to their original names, providing that the league was a standard league, then all you need to do is to create a new standard league and sort the players by pnum. Then cut the names out and paste then into the current leagues player_general.csv name column (sorted by pnum) this will only work if you have not retired any players or have not added any first year players....... There is no way to play a few seasons and then try to change the player names.. ...without a lot of work....
Old 04-20-2005, 05:36 PM   #3
Maximus
Major Leagues

Thanks for replying.

OK, I have a 36 tema league and I have not started it yet. So, snce that is the case...can I just make another 36 team dummy league and copy/paste the player file into the good .lg folder?

I think I already tried that.

Also, check your PM.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:04 PM   #4
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus
Thanks for replying.

OK, I have a 36 tema league and I have not started it yet. So, snce that is the case...can I just make another 36 team dummy league and copy/paste the player file into the good .lg folder?

I think I already tried that.

Also, check your PM.

You could just start a new league using DEFAULT players (by default the option is set up for fictional players)......With 36 teams this will give you enough players for 55 rounds......When you create the league there is an option for PLAYERS: fictional is the default, NONE is the next and one more toggle gives you the DEFAUL Players option.....
Old 04-20-2005, 09:19 PM   #5
Maximus
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandMan
You could just start a new league using DEFAULT players (by default the option is set up for fictional players)......With 36 teams this will give you enough players for 55 rounds......When you create the league there is an option for PLAYERS: fictional is the default, NONE is the next and one more toggle gives you the DEFAUL Players option.....
Great. I got your PM as well. Thanks again for the help Sandman.