Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Mods

Old 09-25-2004, 03:11 PM   #321
Montreal
Minors (Double A)

20 Flies, Part I

FLY (4) Victor "Quick Legs" Tapia, Brazil
FLY (3) Francisco Fleitas, Paraguay
FLY (2) Antonio Taveira, Brazil
FLY (1) Montufar "Hot Diesel" Vega, Ecuador
FLY (1) Vincent Ercolamo, Paraguay

Pierre
Attached Files
File Type: tbdx Tapia_Victor.tbdx (9.6 KB, 120 views)
File Type: tbdx Fleitas_Francisco.tbdx (9.4 KB, 117 views)
File Type: tbdx Taveira_Antonio.tbdx (9.4 KB, 114 views)
File Type: tbdx Vega_Montufar.tbdx (9.4 KB, 113 views)
File Type: tbdx Ercolamo_Vincent.tbdx (9.4 KB, 116 views)
Old 09-29-2004, 01:17 AM   #322
Montreal
Minors (Double A)

20 Flies, Part II

FLY (3) Joaquim "The Stroll" Dutra, Brazil
FLY (2) Jorge Koechlin, Peru
FLY (1) Omar "The Curtain" Quito, Ecuador
FLY (1) Braulio Garro, Peru
FLY (1) Francisco Carpeto, Brazil

Pierre
Attached Files
File Type: tbdx Dutra_Joaquim.tbdx (9.4 KB, 116 views)
File Type: tbdx Koechlin_Jorge.tbdx (9.4 KB, 111 views)
File Type: tbdx Quito_Omar.tbdx (9.4 KB, 116 views)
File Type: tbdx Garro_Braulio.tbdx (9.4 KB, 117 views)
File Type: tbdx Carpeto_Francisco.tbdx (9.4 KB, 111 views)
Old 10-12-2004, 08:16 AM   #323
Catalion
Minors (Triple A)

Catalion is back :)

It's been a bit of time, but the start of an academical year can be quite a hard time of the year...particularly if you're the teacher...

Anyway, here it goes my new addition to the fictional word...16 FLY from Philippines and Thailand, 8 from each country.

Once the tomato can project had gone pretty advanced, I feel there's a lil bit more of flexibility on adding fighters rated 2, as we have a very nice pool of 1 rated ones...
Attached Files
File Type: zip asianfly.zip (87.2 KB, 70 views)
Catalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 03:52 PM   #324
Bonedwarf
All Star Starter

Asian Fly... Is that anything like Spanish Fly?

More fodder for my fictional universe. Much appreciated.
Bonedwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 12:32 PM   #325
Catalion
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonedwarf
Asian Fly... Is that anything like Spanish Fly?

More fodder for my fictional universe. Much appreciated.
Be careful when dealing with an spaniard
Catalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 02:24 AM   #326
Bonedwarf
All Star Starter

hehehe An ex girlfriend of mine slipped me that stuff once, unaware that it can actually kill you
Old 12-12-2004, 05:32 AM   #327
Bonedwarf
All Star Starter

So, is this thread dead now? Not that I've even had all the existing fictional guys fight yet, but was just curious.
Old 12-12-2004, 03:47 PM   #328
Montreal
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonedwarf
So, is this thread dead now? Not that I've even had all the existing fictional guys fight yet, but was just curious.
Hi Bonedwarf,

Initially, this thread was put in place to see if there was some takers to create fictional fighters. Moreover, it was set for a short period of time. From post number 1...

<< For the following three or four months, we will see how many people are interested in contributing here. If there's not much interest/contributions, I don't see how we could eventually try to build a large universe with fictional fighters. But the work wouldn't be lost anyway since any fighter here will be available to anyone wanting to use them in any of their own self-made universes. >>

So, in fact, we did it for two months (August and September) and we manufactured some 1500 fighters. The main reason why I mysef stopped sending my creations after two months is because Jim Trunzo, in one of his updates on V2, stated that while our stuff from V1 wouldn't be lost, it was possible that there would be some changes and /or even possibly some new ratings in V2. I had no problem with that, except that I was not interested to keep on creating fighters without knowing what was coming up exactly. Creating manually hundreds of fighters from scratch is one thing, but having eventually to retouch them all afterwards is another story - lol.

But, anyway, the three-month deadline was in sight, so I stopped spending my time on that. Moreover, I had no time available to play the game since my playing time was spent on creating fictional fighters and, lastly, I also needed some time to create my two own fictional universes.

All that said, it's up to anyone to send fictional fighters here if they want to. At the end of 2004, I will zip all available fighters (1500 right now) and will send the 8 zipped files (by divisions) to Mark at Cornerwork. Just hope they will work properly in V2.

Pierre
Old 12-12-2004, 04:22 PM   #329
Bonedwarf
All Star Starter

AH! Fair enough. Not liked I actually NEED anymore fictional guys. What with them and the TC's my fictional universe (which I'm restarting) I have a ton. Was just wondering.

I downloaded every single fighter in this thread I really appreciate everyones work.

Thanks for the info.
Old 12-12-2004, 05:05 PM   #330
Dave1877
Major Leagues

Montreal,

That would be great if you could send the fictional guys you have, zipped up in to separate division files to cornerwork. I would really appreciate that as I am interested in a totally fictional universe.
Dave1877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 01:32 PM   #331
Dave1877
Major Leagues

Montreal, would you mind telling me when you will be sending the fictional fighters to cornerwork? I am hoping to start a fictional universe soon and if you were to zip up all of your fighters and give them to me, it would save a lot of time. Thanks
Old 12-20-2004, 06:03 PM   #332
Montreal
Minors (Double A)

Dave,

I will try to send them to Mark before the end of the week. This is not just for me a matter of zipping the files, there's also some other minimal work to do before doing that. Unfortunately, I'm kind of overloaded with some ridiculous tasks these days -- like having to work some twelve hours a day . Anyway, as soon as I will send the files to Mark, I will post a note here as well.

Pierre
Old 12-22-2004, 02:06 PM   #333
Montreal
Minors (Double A)

Sent to Mark

Guys,

The eight zipped files have been sent to Mark at Cornerwork just a few minutes ago. I would suppose that they will be available in one day or two. Anyway, Mark will sure post a note here as soon as he will make them available.

Here's the content of the *ReadMe_Fictional* file I included into each zip. I think it's important you read it if you want to download the packs...

Pierre

----------------------------------------------------------------------

December 2004

Toward the end of summer 2004, a few members of the TBCB board created some 1467 fictional fighters (not counting tomato cans). Catalion and Scot (Sal) were the most active contributors. All those fictional fighters have been created using TBCB v1. I'm about sure they should work properly in v2 as well but I can't say for sure since v2 is not available as of December 2004.

The fighters have been zipped in eight different files, all available at Cornerwork...

- HW : 289
- LHW : 187
- MW : 200
- WW : 165
- LW : 167
- FW : 175
- BW : 130
- FLY : 154

As for how many fighters with such and such Overall Rating, here's the global breakdown:

R9 = 1
R8 = 2
R7 = 2
R6 = 12
R5 = 58
R4 = 113
R3 = 210
R2 = 307
R1 = 762

As you can see, we did not try to create Hall Of Famers . In fact, we worked in the hope of building a fictional universe that would be looking like the real world of boxing, where there are tons of fighters at the lowest level of the pyramid and very few at its top. Moreover, you can easily use those low rated fighters into a universe made of *real* fighters, so your "real* guys could get some easy wins over low rated fictional fighters (those fictional fighters being some sort of replacement folks for all those tons of non-rated boxers from the *real* world not included into TBCB).

As a matter of fact, I would also like to remind you that there are almost 3000 tomato cans available at Cornerwork. A tomato can is defined as a boxer that should win somewhere in the range of 2% to 20% of his fights against legitimate 1-rated fighters. Of course, their winning percentage drop if you let them face 2- or 3- or -4 (legitimate) rated fighters! In fact, a tomato can has about no chance to win versus fighters rated 2 or over. He will win only when the game will run its routine ending a fight by a TKO on cuts in his favor.

Now, four important things about importing the fictional fighters...

1) FOLDERS

When you will unzip each file, a new folder will be automatically created. Just remember in what directory you unziped the files. The model for naming each folder is --- Fic_2004_xxx_Division ---. For instance, Fic_2004_289_HW means that you have 289 fictional fighters created in the HW division. 2004 obviously stands for the year of creation.

2) FICTIONAL GROUP

Before or after importing the fighters, create a group called... Fictional ... in the database you choose to use. All 1467 fighters have been indeed assigned to a group named * Fictional * when created. (And all the tomato cans available at Cornerwork have been assigned to a group named... Tomato_Cans)

3) MARK "DON'T ASK AGAIN"

When the game asks you "Import stats, fight record and history?", mark "Don't ask again" before answering YES, so you don't have to answer *yes* each time a new fighter is imported.

4) DON'T OVERWRITE EXISTING RECORDS

While most fictional fighters have been created from scratch, a few hundreds seem to have been created using a file pertaining to a *real* fighter. The data about Name, Surname, Nationality, etc., has been modified but it's likely that the ratings have not been changed - or only partly, I don't kow. Whatever, the game seems to recognize the file of this fictional fighter as a file already in the database. So, if you're using TBCB v1, you will see the following text...

"There is already a record with the same ID in your database. Do you still want to import this file?". Actually, no problem, answer YES.

Then, the following question will pop up:

"Overwrite the existing record? Choose NO to create a new record"

If you answer YES, you will lose all the data about the real fighter (including his name!) from wich the fictional one has been created. So it is really important here to answer NO - NO - NO - NO!

The next question is:

"Import stats, fight record and history?"

Answer YES.

But, now, since several fighters have been created this way, you will be ask several times the same three questions. The way around is quite simple: Before answering YES then NO then YES, mark "Don't ask again" for each of these three questions. Consequently, the game will stop asking you the question and will remember that, for each fighter, a new record has to be created (and you won't lose your original fighter).

A last note, this time for those of you who already imported some fighters directly from the thread... It's possible that you will have two copies of some of the fictional fighters since a new record will be created for those of them you already have in your database. Delete one of them when the importing job is done. If you don't want to bother with that, the only solution would be that you create a totally new database, where you would import fictional fighters. You will still have to face those files "... having the same ID" but, at least, you won't have any double to deal with.

That's about it.

Pierre from Montreal
Old 12-23-2004, 04:45 AM   #334
Gunsmoke
All Star Starter

Alright guys, I have received the files, but they won't be posted on the site until after XMas as I have family things on through the weekend.

Cheers,
Mark
Gunsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 05:24 AM   #335
Dave1877
Major Leagues

No problem Mark, enjoy your Christmas.
Old 12-23-2004, 08:19 AM   #336
Dave1877
Major Leagues

Pierre, how big are the zip files for each division in megabyte size? It would be great and I'd appreciate it if they could be sent through email but obviously if they are too big this is impossible. Thanks.
Old 12-27-2004, 05:56 PM   #337
Montreal
Minors (Double A)

Sorry Dave, was out of town for a few days, just came back this afternoon. The files are (rougly) between 1.0 to 1.6 meg each, the larger (HWs) just over 2 meg. About eleven meg in all. But I also saw that Mark began posting them at Cornerwork...

Pierre
Old 12-27-2004, 06:24 PM   #338
Dave1877
Major Leagues

Yeah thanks for all the work you put in with the fictional fighters, I appreciate it a lot. Some of the fighters I downloaded manually from this topic, so with the help of cornerwork and the way you all posted the fighters here in sets of 5 each time, I now have the complete fictional universe. The thing that is taking a lot of time is setting all of the fighters to active and assigning career stages.
Old 12-27-2004, 06:33 PM   #339
Montreal
Minors (Double A)

You do what you wanna do, of course, but I suggest you let them as Retired, changing only their carreer stage; If you put them as Active, I think that the fact that you will then change their career stage will have no effect at all on their level of performance...

Pierre
Old 12-27-2004, 07:33 PM   #340
Dave1877
Major Leagues

Oh right, so if I leave them all as retired, then just changing their career stage will be enough do you think? It will be strange playing a universe where everyone is set to retired, but I guess it could work!