Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 06-14-2019, 04:23 PM   #1
UltimateAverageGuy
All Star Reserve

Most satisfying player youve ever drafted?

There's always the one player you'll never forget, could be a #1 pick but usually its the mid-rounder that came out of nowhere....share them here!

Last edited by UltimateAverageGuy; 06-14-2019 at 11:29 PM.
UltimateAverageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 04:40 PM   #2
DustyElbows
Minors (Triple A)

Mine is Te'Kwaan Whyte. Snagged him in the Rule 5 draft, hoping he could be a serviceable middle infielder. He got pushed into the everyday lineup and produced 3 WAR in the regular season before going on an absolute tear in the playoffs. He won ALDS and World Series MVP trophies (as a 26-year-old rookie) and my team won its first championship.

As you can see, the rest of his career didn't go so well. But we'll always have 2023.
Attached Images
Image Image 
DustyElbows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 11:28 PM   #3
UltimateAverageGuy
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyElbows View Post
Mine is Te'Kwaan Whyte. Snagged him in the Rule 5 draft, hoping he could be a serviceable middle infielder. He got pushed into the everyday lineup and produced 3 WAR in the regular season before going on an absolute tear in the playoffs. He won ALDS and World Series MVP trophies (as a 26-year-old rookie) and my team won its first championship.

As you can see, the rest of his career didn't go so well. But we'll always have 2023.
Thats a great story!
UltimateAverageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 12:12 PM   #4
LunchBox
Minors (Triple A)

I have a guy named Paxton Rigby, who started out as 20/20 17th round filler draft pick and has now become a potential hall of famer.

Paxton's Main Page

Name:  Paxton Rigby Main Page.jpg
Views: 497
Size:  285.6 KB

Paxton's Scouting Main Page

Name:  Paxton Rigby Scouting Graphs.jpg
Views: 517
Size:  303.7 KB

OSA vs. Head Scout Scouting History

Name:  Paxton Rigby Head Scout Scouting History.jpg
Views: 504
Size:  421.1 KBName:  Paxton Rigby OSA Scouting History.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  165.8 KB

Paxton's Career Batting Statistics

Name:  Paxton Rigby Career Batting History.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  284.2 KB
LunchBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 06:12 PM   #5
SirGreatWhite
Minors (Single A)

^ WOW! That's impressive power! Dude has 46 COMBINED home runs from age 22-26...then gets to age 27 and cranks out 53!!! Sounds suspicious! LOL
SirGreatWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 10:47 AM   #6
LunchBox
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGreatWhite View Post
^ WOW! That's impressive power! Dude has 46 COMBINED home runs from age 22-26...then gets to age 27 and cranks out 53!!! Sounds suspicious! LOL

I would love to say I edited him, just see if I could shake up my universe, but I did not touch him the man went from nothing to being a potential Hall of Famer without any outside intervention from me. Which now makes me gunshy about trading or releasing 20/20 rated minor leaguers.
Old 06-16-2019, 10:52 AM   #7
LunchBox
Minors (Triple A)

Plus you can see I even toyed with idea using his meager pitching ratings and making him a reliever at the end of the 2020 season, when he was still in rookie ball
Old 06-30-2019, 12:00 PM   #8
Wolfman21
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGreatWhite View Post
AA season he struck out over 2x more than he walked. Very next season in AAA he walked almost 3x more than he struck out. So odd
Wolfman21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 12:14 PM   #9
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

I'll remember it was a few versions ago, drafted this Catcher Chase Vallot for my Blue Jays franchise. He was a true ironman for me - I think he was only injured like twice in his career, and if I remember, it was just a cold or something. Played like 140-145 games a year as a catcher for about 15 years straight (until we edited catcher fatigue, and he started to get older). Had over 500 HR career for me, and it was only sad when he got to like 38 but wanted some crazy amount of money in free agency. It was so hard to let him go that I think I brought him back 2 or 3 years later to play out the end of his career as a backup for me.

Then I found out he was a real player, and was shocked at the depth of the game. He wasn't a draft pick in the first year of that game, and I hadn't realized at the time that we seeded the draft even a couple years ahead of time. Sad that he never quite panned out in real life, still stuck in the low minors.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 11:13 PM   #10
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

i had a late round reliever change my whole assessment of closers. i'm sure some TCR helped, but even with that he was never ~80 overall until his stats kicked in. his potential was always fairly low.

this guy dominated. sub-2.00 era most years. wasn't even max+ stuff. took 2.5 years of destroying opponents before i placed him ahead of much better rated RP. he was cheap too... at least initially. someone else paid the big bucks to watch his talent fade.

i wish i had made some screenshots over the years of some players. i know this isn't my favorite draft pick, but i remember it well.

he had a screwball or knucklecurve... i think one of those is along the lines of the elitely rated knuckleball, but more down-to-earth. (high-end ratings only)

Last edited by NoOne; 06-30-2019 at 11:17 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote