Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 06-30-2019, 03:17 PM   #141
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threnodas View Post
Should we not add "mrgoboom", who was omitted from the previous list?

HomeOfTheBraves
Threnodas
Charlatan
QuantaCon
QuantaCondor
QuantumCondor
OMGPuppies
CigarsAndBeer
MiloWindby
OMGPuppies13
Malormur
Jeng
Threnodas18
JDB79
Atabakin3
ErieGM
coachlen
SumRandomDude777
JackHass
chazzycat
Oesor
mrgoboom
Maxfire5
Charlatan5
Hymanator
Kushielrm
omgpuppies808
allenciox
Argonaut
Sounds good. Let's take Argonaut off. He didnt make it

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 03:23 PM   #142
Threnodas
Minors (Triple A)

Ok, with mrgoboom (EDIT: and atabakin2) in and argonaut out, I count 28 (EDIT: 29):

HomeOfTheBraves
Threnodas
Charlatan
QuantaCon
QuantaCondor
QuantumCondor
omgpuppies
CigarsandBeer
MiloWindby
omgpuppies13
malormur
jeng
Threnodas18
jdb79
atabakin3
ErieGM
coachlen
sumrandomdude777
JackHass
chazzycat
Oesor
mrgoboom
Maxfire5
Charlatan5
hymanator
KushielRM
omgpuppies808
allenciox
atabakin2

Last edited by Threnodas; 06-30-2019 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Added atabakin2; see below
Threnodas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 03:35 PM   #143
atabakin
All Star Reserve

There's way more overlap with OL than I realized. Do I need to add my OL team (atabakin2) to this list to avoid getting shut out from the rest of the OL teams?
Old 06-30-2019, 03:59 PM   #144
Threnodas
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by atabakin View Post
There's way more overlap with OL than I realized. Do I need to add my OL team (atabakin2) to this list to avoid getting shut out from the rest of the OL teams?
Short answer: Yes, let's add atabakin2.

Long answer: This has been the OL Perfect League from the start, no? The Battery Point Energizer Bunnies were the pilot team because there were no other OL teams in Perfect, so the invitation went out to other FTP (or nearly FTP) teams. There isn't just overlap between OL and NFTP; at the Perfect level, OL is a subset of NFTP. That may need to change as so many more OL teams have been promoted from Diamond (or converted within Perfect) since then. But until we have to split, yes, your OL team should be part of the NFTP friend list.

Old 06-30-2019, 07:38 PM   #145
matingly23
Minors (Double A)

Hey let me know if there are any more spots left, my Keesters just made the Diamond League finals so they will be in Perfect tomorrow.

"HughJass" is ready!
matingly23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 08:37 PM   #146
allenciox
All Star Reserve

Ok, two more OL teams will be in perfect next year: The Southern Southpaws and the Palolo Puppies. Please add them to your lists.

allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 09:19 PM   #147
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenciox View Post
Ok, two more OL teams will be in perfect next year: The Southern Southpaws and the Palolo Puppies. Please add them to your lists.
Already been added to the list.

Old 06-30-2019, 09:20 PM   #148
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Ok, with mrgoboom (EDIT: and atabakin2) in and argonaut out, I count 28 (EDIT: 29):

HomeOfTheBraves
Threnodas
Charlatan
QuantaCon
QuantaCondor
QuantumCondor
omgpuppies
CigarsandBeer
MiloWindby
omgpuppies13
malormur
jeng
Threnodas18
jdb79
atabakin3
ErieGM
coachlen
sumrandomdude777
JackHass
chazzycat
Oesor
mrgoboom
Maxfire5
Charlatan5
hymanator
KushielRM
omgpuppies808
allenciox
atabakin2
One more spot!

Old 06-30-2019, 10:11 PM   #149
Threnodas
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
One more spot!
Note that my list of 29 didn't include, uh, Mr. Jass, so that would make 30:

HomeOfTheBraves
Threnodas
Charlatan
QuantaCon
QuantaCondor
QuantumCondor
omgpuppies
CigarsandBeer
MiloWindby
omgpuppies13
malormur
jeng
Threnodas18
jdb79
atabakin3
ErieGM
coachlen
sumrandomdude777
JackHass
chazzycat
Oesor
mrgoboom
Maxfire5
Charlatan5
hymanator
KushielRM
omgpuppies808
allenciox
atabakin2
HughJass

Old 07-01-2019, 12:16 AM   #150
matingly23
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Note that my list of 29 didn't include, uh, Mr. Jass, so that would make 30:

HomeOfTheBraves
Threnodas
Charlatan
QuantaCon
QuantaCondor
QuantumCondor
omgpuppies
CigarsandBeer
MiloWindby
omgpuppies13
malormur
jeng
Threnodas18
jdb79
atabakin3
ErieGM
coachlen
sumrandomdude777
JackHass
chazzycat
Oesor
mrgoboom
Maxfire5
Charlatan5
hymanator
KushielRM
omgpuppies808
allenciox
atabakin2
HughJass
Thanks, I'll update my friends list now!
Old 07-01-2019, 12:26 PM   #151
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Teams which failed to make it into P412:

Venusville Martians (Charlatan5)
Brooklyn Stars (coachlen)
Bergeron's Bruins (malormur)
WInterfell Direwolves (sumrandomdude777)

These were replaced by:
Mammoth Minions (Mammoth_Mayhem, who I think was originally on the NFTP list, relegated, and promoted back)

Renton Dragons (liamf, a team with a heap of meta golds and diamonds, fully historical, but certainly not an OL team. Unclear if they satisfy NFTP criteria. One of joehart's kids. In the league last week).

Woodville Infinite Power (tylerh, probably started under the same conditions as the Renton Dragons but got better pulls. Unclear if they satisfy NTFP criteria. Also one of joehart's kids. In the league last week)

Auburn Doubledays (PemsGM, a megawhale by all accounts. In the league last week)

--------------------------------------------------
The Renton Dragons and the Woodinville Infinite Power might possibly conform with NFTP, it's not immediately clear. They likely added some of the OL and NFTP teams to friends lists, and weren't put here by accident. But in any case, they are not megawhales and their teams are not too out of place here. The Mammoth Minions are obviously okay, having been a part of NFTP before.

The real egregious inclusion is the Auburn Doubledays, and it is truly striking how much they stand out as a megawhale. It's possible that the Doubledays, who do not have any Perfect level WS titles--despite 8 Perfect playoff appearances, 6 100+ win seasons at Perfect, and zero losing seasons in their team's entire history--were frustrated by their lack of playoff success and friended us in hopes that they could finally win something.

But now we have numbers, and despite more whales in last week's league none of them got to the world series. Let's see if that trend repeats this week.

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 12:34 PM   #152
Maxfire5
Minors (Double A)

Thanks for going through the teams. Glad I made it in this week. Good luck to everyone.

F2P Pack Only Team

F2P Missouri Theme Team
Maxfire5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 12:36 PM   #153
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantaCondor View Post

These were replaced by:
Mammoth Minions (Mammoth_Mayhem, who I think was originally on the NFTP list, relegated, and promoted back)

Renton Dragons (liamf, a team with a heap of meta golds and diamonds, fully historical, but certainly not an OL team. Unclear if they satisfy NFTP criteria. One of joehart's kids. In the league last week).

Woodville Infinite Power (tylerh, probably started under the same conditions as the Renton Dragons but got better pulls. Unclear if they satisfy NTFP criteria. Also one of joehart's kids. In the league last week)

Auburn Doubledays (PemsGM, a megawhale by all accounts. In the league last week)

The Renton Dragons and the Woodinville Infinite Power might possibly conform with NFTP, it's not immediately clear. They likely added some of the OL and NFTP teams to friends lists, and weren't put here by accident. But in any case, they are not megawhales and their teams are not too out of place here. The Mammoth Minions are obviously okay, having been a part of NFTP before.

The real egregious inclusion is the Auburn Doubledays, and it is truly striking how much they stand out as a megawhale. It's possible that the Doubledays, who do not have any Perfect level WS titles--despite 8 Perfect playoff appearances, 6 100+ win seasons at Perfect, and zero losing seasons in their team's entire history--were frustrated by their lack of playoff success and friended us in hopes that they could finally win something.

But now we have numbers, and despite more whales in last week's league none of them got to the world series. Let's see if that trend repeats this week.
I have the same suspicions about Auburn. Well, we took him done last season. We will take him down again.

Old 07-01-2019, 01:23 PM   #154
matingly23
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
I have the same suspicions about Auburn. Well, we took him done last season. We will take him down again.
That's lame, I reported him as well.

The Friends List could use a patch for situations like this.

Edit - upon further review, I am going to try to stay at the Diamond level with F2P teams, I just don't think the game will ever support Perfect for F2P.

So thanks all for trying this, you can take me out of the list for next week. I won't "rebuild" this week to try to be decent competition.

Last edited by matingly23; 07-01-2019 at 03:15 PM.
Old 07-01-2019, 03:59 PM   #155
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

These were replaced by:

I've been following this thread since I'm hoping my Mud Hens (who didn't quite make it to perfect last season) will soon be in perfect and I want them to join once that happens (assuming there's room).

I just wanted to comment on what you said about the Auburn owner. I seriously doubt he's friended some of you just so he can get an "easy" win. There are many other possible explanations and I think it's best not to assume the worst about someone. Now there are others on here also assuming he's done this and this sort of thing just spreads causing people to believe it's actually true since so many people are saying it.
Old 07-01-2019, 04:10 PM   #156
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
I've been following this thread since I'm hoping my Mud Hens (who didn't quite make it to perfect last season) will soon be in perfect and I want them to join once that happens (assuming there's room).

I just wanted to comment on what you said about the Auburn owner. I seriously doubt he's friended some of you just so he can get an "easy" win. There are many other possible explanations and I think it's best not to assume the worst about someone. Now there are others on here also assuming he's done this and this sort of thing just spreads causing people to believe it's actually true since so many people are saying it.
Also keep in mind that the friends list is (supposed to be) a two-way street. Owners in the league would also have to friend him for this to have an effect.
Old 07-01-2019, 04:32 PM   #157
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post

Since four teams were excluded from the league who were on the mutual friends list, I have to think that at minumum, the Auburn owner friended several of the teams here. Maybe they also friended the Woodinville and Renton teams who have also friended the league. In any case, somebody has friended the NFTP league who shouldn't have, and there is either a bug in the friend sorting algorithm allowing one-way connections or a couple NFTP teams mistakenly added the Auburn team for some reason.

In every case, the Auburn team must have added some NFTP members despite their team not conforming to the league. I'm not surprised by this; maybe they didn't see anything about NFTP on the forums and saw some apparently weaker Perfect teams they wanted to stay with. Someone on the forums remarked that one of the appeals of being a whale is to be Thanos and steamroll everyone else, regardless of the circumstances. If I'd spent a lot on the game without having success and saw an opportunity to win, maybe I'd add those teams too.

EDIT: It's not like having one whale ruins the integrity of the league or anything. We have a New York Yankees-type team we can root against now, and I definitely disagree with reporting Auburn. But, being so close to having a full NFTP league and missing out by one team is a bit frustrating, and the teams in that whale's division are basically looking at a lost week as far as playoffs are concerned which sucks.

Last edited by QuantaCondor; 07-01-2019 at 05:27 PM.
Old 07-01-2019, 05:42 PM   #158
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Since four teams were excluded from the league who were on the mutual friends list, I have to think that at minumum, the Auburn owner friended several of the teams here. Maybe they also friended the Woodinville and Renton teams who have also friended the league. In any case, somebody has friended the NFTP league who shouldn't have, and there is either a bug in the friend sorting algorithm allowing one-way connections or a couple NFTP teams mistakenly added the Auburn team for some reason.

In every case, the Auburn team must have added some NFTP members despite their team not conforming to the league. I'm not surprised by this; maybe they didn't see anything about NFTP on the forums and saw some apparently weaker Perfect teams they wanted to stay with. Someone on the forums remarked that one of the appeals of being a whale is to be Thanos and steamroll everyone else, regardless of the circumstances. If I'd spent a lot on the game without having success and saw an opportunity to win, maybe I'd add those teams too.

EDIT: It's not like having one whale ruins the integrity of the league or anything. We have a New York Yankees-type team we can root against now, and I definitely disagree with reporting Auburn. But, being so close to having a full NFTP league and missing out by one team is a bit frustrating, and the teams in that whale's division are basically looking at a lost week as far as playoffs are concerned which sucks.

How about sending a PM to the owner, "daves"? Just ask him to check his friends list and see if he'll remove any NFTP teams on it.
Old 07-01-2019, 06:07 PM   #159
HiDesertAce
Major Leagues

Quote:

In every case, the Auburn team must have added some NFTP members despite their team not conforming to the league.

This not correct.

The owner in question could have ended up in your league last week and chose "stay put". He does not need to friend anyone to stay.

If you really wanted to clear this guy out my advice is for all of you to go random. and then reconvene in a week.

Alternately, you need to have 30 teams with identical friends list. And i suspect thats where your problem is---its very hard to get 30 different ppl to do the exact same thing--in this case to enter all the same names on their friend list.

HiDesertAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 06:37 PM   #160
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiDesertAce View Post
This not correct.

The owner in question could have ended up in your league last week and chose "stay put". He does not need to friend anyone to stay.

If you really wanted to clear this guy out my advice is for all of you to go random. and then reconvene in a week.

Alternately, you need to have 30 teams with identical friends list. And i suspect thats where your problem is---its very hard to get 30 different ppl to do the exact same thing--in this case to enter all the same names on their friend list.
From Developer Matt Arnold:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
"Stay Put" will basically bucket you with everyone else who has selected as "stay put". So if you happened to be the only person to select that from your former league, then it's no different than using Random.

Basically, if you want to stay with people, you either all need to friend each other (and ideally only each other) and use the friends list, or you need to all be in the same league together and all use the "stay put" option.
I disagree. Auburn must have been using friends list to be placed.

Last edited by QuantaCondor; 07-01-2019 at 06:42 PM.