Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 03-19-2019, 01:55 AM   #1
qcbandits
Banned

Infractions: 0/4 (4)
Beta version of FG mod

So, I have piggybacked off a project that Jwisenberg started last year, and that is removing the need for all the annoying middle names and initials.
The BBRef minor league ID numbers provide a great unique identifier for all current players. So I started a saved game a few builds back to begin to make sure I'm not missing any FGs that can be helped. Obviously some players, mostly the DSL guys are hard to find pics of.

But this version has MLB through Hi-A
I hope to have Low-A added during the open Beta and possibly a few of the rookie leagues before the actual launch of OOTP20.

After that, I will be releasing a new updated folder every 2 weeks until all 60,000 + Facegens that I currently have are renamed whereever possible.

I will use as I said, minor league BBRef first, then move to historical Lahman for other players that don't have a BBRef. Draftees will obviously still be listed under their names since they won't have any of these identifiers. For the current time, coaches and managers will still use names as well. But, I have spoke to Andreas about this, and he will see about getting the historical Lahman IDs to work for coaches and managers in a future patch since that's the only identifier that shows up in their profiles.

Link
http://www.mediafire.com/file/7kutsa...files.zip/file

Also, I would love any help I could possibly get with this project...

There is a need to rename many FGs still, plus a need to make FGs as well. I could also use someone on the administrative side of the project, as I have an excel sheet that has a list of every player in the database the OOTP guys make the rosters that ship with the game and at some point I need to begin going through it and deleting the players who have FGs already.

So, please if you have any desire to help this project to its completion faster than i can do it alone, PM me with whatever you'd like to work on and i'll get you up to speed with what I've got on my end.

Thanks and enjoy
qcbandits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 04:23 PM   #2
Craignum
Minors (Rookie Ball)

looking forward to this, thanks for the hard work.
Craignum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 04:56 AM   #3
qcbandits
Banned

I am just basically the organizer...

Thanks to Jwisenberg for putting the idea in my head
Thanks to Tnarq for making it a lot less time consuming

and of course, thanks to everyone that's made a FG that I've downloaded!

I will be posting the first real release on the morning of Opening Day (the 28th) and as of this moment, it is now up to 29,330 unique FGs
Old 03-26-2019, 05:26 PM   #4
JerseyDan421
Minors (Single A)

Thank you to everyone who did this/helped/inspired/etc lol.. this was AMAZINGLY done.. facegens have become one of my favorite parts of OOTP
JerseyDan421 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 05:43 PM   #5
qcbandits
Banned

I wanna let everyone know where things stand,

I've began looking for FGs of all the coaches, for now they will still be in the old naming conversion but Andreas has told me that after a couple patches we can work on getting the game to search for them by their Historical Lahman IDs which will cover every coach that has appeared in the major leagues. I'm hoping to get him to add BBRef IDs to coaches as well. That way there will be no issues with coaches not having unique names. These coaches may not be in the first few releases only because I wanna build them out first in a separate folder so I will have them handy when I work on them with Andreas

Last edited by qcbandits; 03-26-2019 at 05:44 PM.
Old 03-28-2019, 08:11 PM   #6
JerseyDan421
Minors (Single A)

I can't wait till this is updated/uploaded... qcbandits, you and the others who have worked on it, have done an AMAZING job.. thank you for everything

haha im actually waiting for this to start my first game, so much more fun with facegens for most of the players
JerseyDan421 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 09:14 PM   #7
qcbandits
Banned

I'm zipping the folder now and then will upload to Media Fire
Old 03-28-2019, 09:38 PM   #8
qcbandits
Banned

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=301178