Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 11-15-2016, 10:10 AM   #1
Sebbiezation
Bat Boy

Thumbs down Headcoach AI stupid?

As I have no clue what to do as the coach I decided to have the AI be in charge of lines and tactics.
But what I quickly noticed was that it plays players in stupid roles and lines.
The AI decided to play Tatar on the 4th line where as I wanted him on the 1st line. Instead he played Nyquist on the 1st line who got 7 points in 25 games before I traded him in hope to get Tatar move up. I traded Nyquist for Panarin and got Panarin on the 1st line LW which was fine.
And the AI decided to move up Tatar to the 2nd line RW instead but at a high cost. Most goals on the team, Eriksson Ek, the 2nd line center gets moved down to the 3rd line in favour of playing Staal who was previously on the RW on the 2nd line. And Staal is also underperforming with 52 grade and 9 points in 22 games. (Eriksson Ek had 14 goals). So I try to see what I could do to get him higher up so I traded Staal away.
Instead of moves Coyle from the 4th line LW to the 2nd line center on both PP and 5 on 5.
My biggest struggle so far in the game is to have the coach play good lines and not have my 1st line sniper play on the 4th line.

I've seen the AI move my 1st line LW to 2nd line center instead of my 2nd line center that's currently playing on the 4th line to the 2nd line.
And the worse part is that the AI manages to do far better than I do with actually decent lines.
As far as I've seen and tried out, there is nothing I can do besides trade players and hope for the best.
Sebbiezation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 11:45 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

The usage of individual players may vary considerably by tactic, but the AI generally does a pretty good job of choosing a tactic that suits its players. Tatar, for example, normally gets 60-70 points playing on AI-run Detroit's first lines in my test games. What offensive and defensive tactic are you using?
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 06:51 AM   #3
Sebbiezation
Bat Boy

Here's my tactics and line up
http://puu.sh/sk4hq/33bdecbd82.png

This is after the Nyquist trade, don't have a save that far back.
Old 11-21-2016, 12:32 AM   #4
Romagoth
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebbiezation View Post
Here's my tactics and line up
http://puu.sh/sk4hq/33bdecbd82.png

This is after the Nyquist trade, don't have a save that far back.
Geez, did you trade half the original team away in your first season?

Seguin, Reilly, Barrie...lol
Romagoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 05:05 PM   #5
crazzzycanuuuk
Bat Boy

Is your head coach Willie Desjardins?
crazzzycanuuuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 01:48 PM   #6
Sebbiezation
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romagoth View Post
Geez, did you trade half the original team away in your first season?

Seguin, Reilly, Barrie...lol
Can't remember if it was the 2nd or 3rd season in. And Suter is injured and the AI played them on some stupid lines where they did nothing so basicly traded them away for someone that should play on that line+ some draft picks or something