Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2015, 08:14 PM   #1
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

352 years of baseball, a fictional quickstart

(just a continuation of this original thread)

This is my ongoing fast-sim solo league that I started back in 2008 and have been actively managing through versions 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 and now OOTP 16. [phew]

Stats are consistent. For the past few decades, I actually played with injuries on and didn't play it fast sim. I've since returned to the original way of playing (fatigue on high or average. injuries off) mostly because I wanted modern players to compare with older ones who didn't play with those rules.

The current league has 36 teams placed around the country. If you've played previous versions of this league, teams have come and gone, as usual. The Philadelphia Quakers ended their 112-year title drought two seasons ago, the Toronto Blue Collars ended their 61-year drought this past season, with ace pitcher Jimmy Reese coming over in a trade from West Virginia (who won their first title two years ago) and winning his SEVENTH championship ring in his career with four different franchises.

This league has a deep history, tons of storylines and lots of stuff to uncover. Check it out!
darkcloud4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 12:17 PM   #2
mike1990
Minors (Single A)

I know this is an old thread, but I downloaded the quickstart and it says I have to download stuff from the add-on central. I can't seem to find the quickstart in add-on central. I put the files in the quickstart folder. I usually don't have issues loading stuff on OOTP.
mike1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 07:15 PM   #3
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

Yeah you don't need to download anything from downloads central. You download the quickstart, put it in your quickstart folder and then load the game and it should let you play the league from there.
Old 12-23-2015, 07:49 PM   #4
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

In a perfect world

That would work. Sadly, on my Mac, I don't get the option to do anything. It rejects me as one would reject a pompous kidney!
Seriously, I'd love to look at this...
Attached Images
It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.—Thomas Sowell
"Alinsky works for me now."
Ty Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 09:17 AM   #5
pgd44
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Cobb View Post
That would work. Sadly, on my Mac, I don't get the option to do anything. It rejects me as one would reject a pompous kidney!
Seriously, I'd love to look at this...
Same here. I get the same message to download from add-on central.

Last edited by pgd44; 12-24-2015 at 09:18 AM.
pgd44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 07:16 PM   #6
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

Oh I remember now.

The workaround is, rather than putting the folder in quickstarts and starting from there, just rename the folder from 352.quick to 352.lg and put it into your saved games folder and then load it that way and I think that works. I'm about to release a version for OOTP17 so this might be moot, but...in case someone stumbles on this thread, I never saw this post until now.

Last edited by darkcloud4579; 03-18-2016 at 07:19 PM.
Old 03-22-2016, 07:16 PM   #7
JaBurns
All Star Starter

I will play the 17 release when you make it available, thank you.
JaBurns is offline   Reply With Quote