Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > MLB Manager 2016 > MLBM 2016 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

MLBM 2016 - General Discussions Talk about MLB Manager 2016, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android

Old 03-22-2015, 09:39 PM   #1
mac2298
Minors (Double A)

Question Release Date?

I was wondering when the release date is. I saw somewhere that OOTP 16 is coming out tomorrow (Mar 23), so is this the same for MLB Manager 2015? Can't wait for it to come out! Thanks!
mac2298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 10:14 PM   #2
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

It will be released as soon as Steve Jobs pauses playing it and approves it.
Raidergoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 10:18 PM   #3
mac2298
Minors (Double A)

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raidergoo View Post
It will be released as soon as Steve Jobs pauses playing it and approves it.
Ok then...
Go Dragons btw, I happen to live in Dayton
Old 03-22-2015, 10:33 PM   #4
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

I was too snarky in my reply. I appreciate that you took it well.

The correct answer is that it will be released once Apple approves the game. Because Apple moves in strange and mysterious ways, the release date is unknown.

I live 15 minutes north of the Dragon's Lair.
Raidergoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 10:40 PM   #5
mac2298
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raidergoo View Post
I was too snarky in my reply. I appreciate that you took it well.

The correct answer is that it will be released once Apple approves the game. Because Apple moves in strange and mysterious ways, the release date is unknown.

I live 15 minutes north of the Dragon's Lair.
Haha, no problem.

I get what you mean, but aren't there instances in which people can have an app approved ahead of a planned release date? Anyway, I do know that many apps experience this, so I guess patience will be key here.

Nice, I've actually only been to 1 Dragon's game, but it was quite an experience. The fireworks after the game were especially memorable, but perhaps only because they lost by 10 runs.
Old 03-23-2015, 09:44 PM   #6
isaacgood11
Bat Boy

So has the game actually been submitted to Apple?
isaacgood11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 10:15 PM   #7
mac2298
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaacgood11 View Post
So has the game actually been submitted to Apple?
Was wondering this as well. Wish we had a bit more of a timeframe that we could expect it by... if it has been submitted, it shouldn't take more than a week, 2 max for it to go on sale. I want to know before I keep on refreshing my search of "MLB Manager 2015" every other hour, lol.
Old 03-23-2015, 11:11 PM   #8
rnf1968
Minors (Single A)

Every time you fire up OOTP 2014 In Android it says MLB Manager coming in March. There's only a week left in March.
rnf1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 06:50 AM   #9
mac2298
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnf1968 View Post
Every time you fire up OOTP 2014 In Android it says MLB Manager coming in March. There's only a week left in March.
I was thinking the same thing. March isn't very specific, I would have at least liked to know it was on the way by now.
Old 03-24-2015, 07:18 AM   #10
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac2298 View Post
I was thinking the same thing. March isn't very specific, I would have at least liked to know it was on the way by now.
I can only repeat myself: it is not in our hand when MLB Manager 2015 is released. We have to wait for both, the MLB and Apple, to accept the game. Once both give the OK, we will not hold the App back but release it.

It is not possible for us to tell you the exact release date at this point.
Old 03-24-2015, 07:27 AM   #11
mac2298
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
I can only repeat myself: it is not in our hand when MLB Manager 2015 is released. We have to wait for both, the MLB and Apple, to accept the game. Once both give the OK, we will not hold the App back but release it.

It is not possible for us to tell you the exact release date at this point.
Ok, thanks for letting us know. I wasn't saying you were holding it back or anything, but we're just super anxious to get our hands on it!
Old 03-24-2015, 10:46 AM   #12
kmoirkne
Bat Boy

what about Android?

I keep reading apple, but never see Android. What is the release details for Android?
kmoirkne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 12:03 PM   #13
ms2002
All Star Starter

Also wondering about Android. Apple is notorious for their approval process, but didn't think the same was true with the Google Play Store.
ms2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 12:18 PM   #14
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

As far as I know we want to release both versions on the same day. That might change if Apple takes longer then expected.
Old 03-24-2015, 12:23 PM   #15
mac2298
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
As far as I know we want to release both versions on the same day. That might change if Apple takes longer then expected.
So, not to keep pestering you, but that's sort of what we're asking. You said that it depends on if Apple takes longer than expected, so what's expected? Are you expecting it to be out this week? Next?
Old 03-25-2015, 03:33 PM   #16
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac2298 View Post
So, not to keep pestering you, but that's sort of what we're asking. You said that it depends on if Apple takes longer than expected, so what's expected? Are you expecting it to be out this week? Next?

Having purchased this game the past three years I have come to learn, at no fault of the dev team that there is no rhyme or reason to how slow or quick Apple approves this app. It would only lead to disappointment if we asked them to guess a time frame and it was off. I rest assured knowing they want to get the game to our devices asap, as well as appreciating our enthusiasm to purchase and play it. Sebastian may have used a poor choice of words when he used "expected" because as I have found all you can expect is the unexpected when it comes to dealing with Apple. The unfortunate truth is the game is at a point where they have done what they can do and it is out of their hands. We are getting the most honest answer they can give us at this time.
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 03:37 PM   #17
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster007 View Post
Having purchased this game the past three years I have come to learn, at no fault of the dev team that there is no rhyme or reason to how slow or quick Apple approves this app. It would only lead to disappointment if we asked them to guess a time frame and it was off. I rest assured knowing they want to get the game to our devices asap, as well as appreciating our enthusiasm to purchase and play it. Sebastian may have used a poor choice of words when he used "expected" because as I have found all you can expect is the unexpected when it comes to dealing with Apple. The unfortunate truth is the game is at a point where they have done what they can do and it is out of their hands. We are getting the most honest answer they can give us at this time.
I think this has been said so many times and some are still not getting it.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 04:55 PM   #18
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Lady's and Gentleman, MLB Manager 2015 got approved by MLB and Apple. I just pressed the button to bring the game to the App Store so it should start to show up in New Zealand, Australia and Europe soon and hit the US Store in a few hours (official release date is Thursday 26th and it should start to show up midnight Pacific time afaik).

Android version should be out in a few hours as well.

Have fun!
Old 03-25-2015, 05:10 PM   #19
kmoirkne
Bat Boy

awesome!

Makes my day!
kmoirkne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 05:24 PM   #20
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Lady's and Gentleman, MLB Manager 2015 got approved by MLB and Apple. I just pressed the button to bring the game to the App Store so it should start to show up in New Zealand, Australia and Europe soon and hit the US Store in a few hours (official release date is Thursday 26th and it should start to show up midnight Pacific time afaik).

Android version should be out in a few hours as well.

Have fun!
Congratulations. This has been a very good week for OOTPD.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote