Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 08-04-2013, 01:23 PM   #21
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
The _ (underline) separates the first part of a name and the last part of a name. Commonly that is first and last name but often the first part includes initials and middle names as well. Only one underscore is allowed per name.

No commas nor periods allowed in names as biographical and stats data is exchanged from outside sources via comma separated value files.

The outside souces allow duplicate player names but OOTP does not. Those names have to be hand edited on a yearly basis.

For fictional leagues you can do anything you want.
So A.J. Pollock should appear as A J Pollock, which would then become A J_Pollock in the photo/facegen file. Is that the way you guys do it? Now here comes the big question...

What about hyphens? Some Asian fellers have them...like Chin-Feng Chen, Chin-lung Hu, Chin-hui Tsao...and some do not...like Jin Ho Cho. Do hyphens run into the same problems as commas and periods with comma separated value files, or are they okie dokie?
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 02:05 PM   #22
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
So A.J. Pollock should appear as A J Pollock, which would then become A J_Pollock in the photo/facegen file. Is that the way you guys do it? Now here comes the big question...

What about hyphens? Some Asian fellers have them...like Chin-Feng Chen, Chin-lung Hu, Chin-hui Tsao...and some do not...like Jin Ho Cho. Do hyphens run into the same problems as commas and periods with comma separated value files, or are they okie dokie?
okie dokie
Old 08-04-2013, 02:12 PM   #23
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
okie dokie
...and the A J Pollock example? Or does that also fall under the okie dokie/that's how we do it umbrella?
Old 08-04-2013, 04:56 PM   #24
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Leo Nunez is now Juan Carlos Oviedo (2005-2011), after getting nailed for using an assumed name. His birthday is now March 15th, 1982.

Fausto Carmona is now Roberto Hernandez, which makes him Roberto Hernandez #2, so we have:

Roberto M Hernandez (1991-2007) and
Roberto Hernandez (2006-2012)

Roberto Hernandez' (2006-2012) birthday is now August 30th, 1980.

Last edited by actionjackson; 08-06-2013 at 03:47 PM.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:02 PM   #25
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
...and the A J Pollock example? Or does that also fall under the okie dokie/that's how we do it umbrella?
The "tut tut Pooh, it looks like rain" umbrella?
Old 08-04-2013, 10:17 PM   #26
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The "tut tut Pooh, it looks like rain" umbrella?
Yep, that must be the one, Christopher Robin.
Old 08-06-2013, 03:37 PM   #27
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

The pitcher formerly known as Luis Valdez, is now known as Jairo Asencio (2009-2012) after getting busted for an assumed name. His birthday is now May 30th, 1983.

Rick Vanden Hurk in Lahman is Rick van den Hurk at BB-Ref. It's a Dutch thing.

Last edited by actionjackson; 08-06-2013 at 04:45 PM.
Old 08-08-2013, 03:03 PM   #28
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Pitcher Jeff Williams (willije01 in Lahman, willije02 on BB-Ref) actually retired in 2002, not 2011. Jerome Williams (willije02 in Lahman, willije 01 on BB-Ref) is the one who's still going, despite missing three years between 2008 and 2010, and despite Lahman saying his last game happened in 2007. I think the confusion between Lahman and BB-Ref as to their codes is what's leading to this conundrum. I don't know if Jerome's gonna have the stats to cover him for 2008-2012 (neutralized stats of course, as they're supposed to cover the gaps in a player's career), just as I don't know if Jeff's gonna get a whole bunch of stats that he didn't really earn. I can confirm from looking in game that somehow despite the mix-up in codes Jerome got his stats, but he got no neutralized stats between 2008 and 2010, which is going to make him absolutely tank in his gap years. I realize he's not much of a pitcher, but he should still have those somehow, and I don't know what the secret squirrel sauce in the neutralized stats is, so I can't put them in there. He also got no neutralized fielding stats for 2011. I guess those went to the long retired Jeff Williams due to the mix-up in codes.

Kevin Youkilis is listed as retiring in 2010. He's still going. Injury prone, but still going. He does have stats all the way to 2012 though, but I'm not sure if the Master file would cause him to retire after 2010 or not. Youkilis is also missing his 1B neutralized fielding stats for 2012. The 3B ones are there for both the White Sox and the Red Sox, but not the 1B ones.

Last edited by actionjackson; 08-08-2013 at 07:33 PM.
Old 08-11-2013, 01:27 PM   #29
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The _ (underline) separates the first part of a name and the last part of a name. Commonly that is first and last name but often the first part includes initials and middle names as well. Only one underscore is allowed per name.

No commas nor periods allowed in names as biographical and stats data is exchanged from outside sources via comma separated value files.

The outside souces allow duplicate player names but OOTP does not. Those names have to be hand edited on a yearly basis.

For fictional leagues you can do anything you want.
What about periods in stadium names within the Teams.csv file, as in U.S. Cellular Field, O.co Coliseum, and R.F.K. Stadium?

Last edited by actionjackson; 08-11-2013 at 05:54 PM.