Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2011, 02:19 PM   #1
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Only post errors/omissions in historical transactions here

PLEASE ONLY POST ERRORS YOU HAVE FOUND...Discussions and questions should be limited to other threads.

A lot of work was put into the new historical transaction database but of course there are bound to be some errors. This thread is for you guys to post these errors so we can get them corrected as soon as possible.

When you find an error or an omitted transaction the 1st thing you should do is look at baseball-reference.com and check and see what their record of the transaction is. Often you may be surprised and the transactions are correct.

Some issues you may see that are not errors are...
1) Error Destination Team - This simply means the team does not exist in the game such as minor league teams, expansion teams that have yet to be created. These players will go the Free Agents.
2) Player Already Retired - This means the player has (according to the game) retired and the transaction is invalid.
3) The David Clyde (and others) issue - David Clyde was drafted in June 1973 and played his 1st game that season. He imports for the start of the 1973 season and is available the entire year. This is not an error but rather a limit of the game at this point.
4) Players are on opening day rosters who did not join team until later - This should only be an issue your import season as the game imports based on the historicaldatabase's 1st listed stint for the player. If a player was signed on May 22nd by Cleveland and played for nobody else prior to that year he will be with Cleveland on the initial import since that is the 1st team he played for that year. We are currently devising a work around for this.

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
http://www.ootpmods.com
Gambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 02:22 PM   #2
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

1) Dutch Zwilling played for the Chicago Whales in the Federal League in 1914 and 1915, unfortunately, source database has this as the Chicago Cubs. He will go to the Cubs instead of the Federal League (Free Agent). This will be fixed in an update.

2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderheel9304 View Post
I replayed 1991 earlier today and found no transaction for the drug suspension of Otis Nixon from Sept. 16 till the end of the season. This was a big deal in a tight NL West race.
The historical transaction database does not include player suspensions, sorry. This is possibly something that can be implemented in some way in future released or a mod.

3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasta la vista pelota View Post
My apologies if this isn't what you're looking for, but I've noticed a couple of cases where a player doesn't appear in the real-life lineup, it's just a blank in his batting spot. He's also not on the team roster.
A player search reveals the player, and when I went into the editor and assigned him to a team and then activated him, it was OK.
See 1941 Dodgers opening day roster, missing Mickey Owen, as an example.
If you started in 1941 Owen should be on the Broolyn roster AND if you started prior to that he should be traded from St. Louis to them on 12/4/40. I'll take a look at the database and see what happened. Can you take a look at the history on his player page and tell me what you see. Also, give me the names of any other players you have come across.

I will take a look at this the 1st chance I get and see what may be causing this.

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
Old 06-22-2011, 02:33 AM   #3
Richie69
Minors (Rookie Ball)

1980 Phillies

Tried starting a 1980 Phillies season and there was no center fielder and wouldnt let me put one in
Richie69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 09:26 AM   #4
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

The issues with Mickey Owen and the 1980 Phillies as noted are not issues with the transaction database but rather the operation of the game.

Mickey Owen and Garry Maddox are on the right teams, the only issue is that they are on the reserve roster and not the active roster. I am currently looking into this situation to see why this is the case. I'm hoping it's not by design.

EDIT : I should state that why you can't change to lineup is not by design, not that they are on the reserve roster.

OOTP MODS:
available at...

Last edited by Gambo; 06-22-2011 at 12:03 PM.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:08 PM   #5
Hasta la vista pelota
Minors (Double A)

1941 Van Mungo is another example.

History for Owen and Mungo show "No history data."

Thanks for looking into this.
Hasta la vista pelota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:14 PM   #6
Hasta la vista pelota
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo View Post
4) Players are on opening day rosters who did not join team until later - This should only be an issue your import season as the game imports based on the historicaldatabase's 1st listed stint for the player. If a player was signed on May 22nd by Cleveland and played for nobody else prior to that year he will be with Cleveland on the initial import since that is the 1st team he played for that year. We are currently devising a work around for this.
Looking forward to the work around. Would rather not have teams playing with 35-man rosters and too many September call-ups are getting into early-season games. Keep us posted.
Hasta la vista pelota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 03:33 PM   #7
M's rule
All Star Reserve

Dolph Camilli

IRL, Camilli was traded from Brooklyn to the Giants on 7/30/1943. He refused to report to his new team and effectively retired.

In the game, the transaction goes through but Camilli joins the Giants, showing up as #1 on the depth chart at 1B. He remains the number one first baseman through the rest of the season but never starts a game. During August and September he appears in 37 games with an OBP of .400 in 39 PAs.

Because of Real Lineups, I guess the game is trying to limit his usage, but he really needs to not be on the team.
M's rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 04:01 PM   #8
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

July 31, 1943: Traded by the Brooklyn Dodgers with Johnny Allen to the New York Giants for Bill Lohrman, Joe Orengo and Bill Sayles.
December 9, 1943: Traded by the New York Giants to Oakland (PCL) for Bill Rigney.
June 15, 1945: Signed as a Free Agent with the Boston Red Sox.
December 18, 1945: Released by the Boston Red Sox.

Even though the player refused to report, Dolph was the property of the New York Giants until December 9th when he was traded to the PCL, where he played for the next 2 years.

Though he never played for the Giants we can't omit transactions such as these at this time. There are dozens of cases where a player got traded to another team but never played for them for a myriad of reasons. When we have transactions for determining who is on the "active roster" the game can take into account instances like this.

For now what you can do is remove Dolph from the Giants via the commsioner mode. The remainder of his transactions will continue.

OOTP MODS:
available at...
Old 06-25-2011, 04:46 PM   #9
M's rule
All Star Reserve

I understand what you say, but now I don't understand what constitutes an error. He played for a team he didn't actually play for. No different from a player being sent to the wrong team because of a faulty field in the database.

I know he was Giants property for a time, but I don't see why the database needs to care about that since he should never be on the team's roster.
M's rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 12:26 AM   #10
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by M's rule View Post
I understand what you say, but now I don't understand what constitutes an error. He played for a team he didn't actually play for. No different from a player being sent to the wrong team because of a faulty field in the database.

I know he was Giants property for a time, but I don't see why the database needs to care about that since he should never be on the team's roster.
In my opinion an error is one where the database either omits information or the has incorrect information. Dolph was traded from the Dodgers to the Giants and the transaction was never reversed. Everybody else played for their new teams.

Though Dolph never played for the Giants he was traded to the Giants. The database has many cases where a player refused to report and the league allowed the player to be returned to the previous team. And these are handled accordingly by the database. This didn't happen in Dolph's case. (Probably because he threatened the same thing when we went from the Cubs to the Phillies and the Giants or league figured he was bluffing). The Giants had recourse but didn't act on it. In my eyes this is the same thing as either keeping the guy in the minors or just never letting him in the lineup.

In future versions we will try to add additional types of transactions such as military leave, disabled lists, minor leagues and suspensions to make the "active rosters" as realistic as possible but at this time these transactions remain.

OOTP MODS:
available at...
Old 06-30-2011, 04:21 AM   #11
sley
Minors (Double A)

Playing for the team after becoming a free agent

I’ve been playing OOTP for years. This is my first venture with historical play. Not sure if this is the right place to post but I included this along with additional issues with version 12 to Tech Support. They could only help some and suggested I post to the forum. All this is after the seasons have been played so maybe just for your info.
Playing historical seasons for 1996 & 1997, Dwight Gooden is shown as playing 29 games for Montreal AAA and 31 games for the Boston Red Sox respectively. Based upon the real life stats he actually played 49 games combined over those 2 seasons for the Yankees. Gooden is not mentioned in the Yankee organization during the historical seasons until he’s shown in the real transaction listing as becoming a free agent on 11/1/97. No individual player transaction email was received by the way.
Also based upon the real transaction listing and individual player transaction news emails received the following Yankees players were lost to free agency. Stanley and Fielder on 10/27/97, Raines on 10/29, and Strawberry on 10/30. However, all 4 players played in World Series games on 10/28, 10/29 and 10/31. I had not altered the season schedule in any way.
Thanks for any clarification. Thanks for all your hard work.
sley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 10:22 AM   #12
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

I will check this to verify Gooden. Unless the stats database has an error, Gooden should import in 1996 to the Yankees and stay there (per trans DB) through 1997. I have no idea how we could play for MON and BOS.

As for the playoff stuff and those guys. Markus may have it coded to freeze those transactions temporarily if your team is in the playoffs. In reality they would not have been removed from the team until the playoffs ended. How did these guys movements proceed after the playoffs were over and into next season?

At 1st glance there may be some error in the league. Did you turn off historical transactions at any point?

OOTP MODS:
available at...
Old 07-01-2011, 12:29 AM   #13
sley
Minors (Double A)

Thanks for your reply.
Strawberry resigned with the Yankees on 1/8/1998 and Raines resigned with the Yankees on 1/15/1998. Stanley was signed by Toronto on 12/8/1997 then traded to Boston on 7/3/1998. Those dates, signings and trade all match up in reality and in OOTP. Fielder in reality signed with the Angels on 12/19/1997 and played 103 games. He then went to Cleveland and played 13. In OOTP Real Life Stats, it shows he played 103 games but no team is shown and then it shows the 13 games with Cleveland. As far as I know I did not turn off historical transactions.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:53 AM   #14
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sley View Post
Thanks for your reply.
Strawberry resigned with the Yankees on 1/8/1998 and Raines resigned with the Yankees on 1/15/1998. Stanley was signed by Toronto on 12/8/1997 then traded to Boston on 7/3/1998. Those dates, signings and trade all match up in reality and in OOTP. Fielder in reality signed with the Angels on 12/19/1997 and played 103 games. He then went to Cleveland and played 13. In OOTP Real Life Stats, it shows he played 103 games but no team is shown and then it shows the 13 games with Cleveland. As far as I know I did not turn off historical transactions.
What did Fielder do in your league? The blank in the real stats is the ANA for Anaheim. Since the team didn't exist (it was CAL) when the league started it shows a blank. Also, I show no issues with Gooden. Take a look at his player card/history and see if it shows how we went to BOS or MON and let me know.

OOTP MODS:
available at...
Old 07-02-2011, 12:09 PM   #15
sley
Minors (Double A)

Thanks again for your reply.
According to Gooden’s card he pitched 31 games for Boston in 1997. No mention of the 29 games in Montreal AAA in 1996. You probably know that he never pitched in Boston.
In my league, Fielder played 30 games for ROC AAA team of ANA and 115 games for ANA in 1998. Doesn’t show that he played for Cleveland at all that year.
Also issue with Ed Yarnall and Mike Lowell. According to Real Transactions Listing Yarnall was signed by the Yankees in 11/1998. But on 2/1/99 Real Trans Listing shows Yarnall being traded from FLO to the Yankees for Mike Lowell. So that essentially meant in my OOTP league Yarnall and Lowell would be teammates on the Yankees for 2 ½ months from 11/98 to 2/99. The 2/1/99 trade matches up with what actually did happen.
Not complaining, just thought you wanted to know.
Old 07-04-2011, 12:53 AM   #16
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

The minor league stuff your seeing has nothing to do with the transaction database as players going from the minors to the the majors are not included in it. As for the Yarnall thing he is imported as a rookie in 11/98 (not signed) that is when the game imported him. The 1st transaction for Yarnall in the database is 2/1/99.

OOTP MODS:
available at...
Old 07-04-2011, 03:09 PM   #17
Infinity
Hall Of Famer

I'm having problems with my historical league. I started with 1901, and have been offered trades from the San Francisco Giants as well as the Oakland A's, and various other teams that were not in existance in 1901. Hopefully this is the place to find an answer...lol
Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 04:35 AM   #18
sley
Minors (Double A)

Thanks again for your reply but I don’t fully understand about Yarnall and Lowell. The first transaction in the database for Yarnall may show 2/1/99 but in my league he was automatically placed in the Yankee organization in 12/1998 the same time Lowell was on the Yankees. So I don’t see how the trade could be made on 2/1/99 if they are both in the same organization. And on July 12, 2000 Yarnall was traded to Cinci for Danny Neagle. That transaction shows up on the Real Transactions Listing and I got an individual email telling me of the trade but it doesn’t show up in either the Yankee team transaction window or the BNN all transaction listing. The BNN transaction list does show Yarnall demoted to the minors on July 12 but nothing about Neagle or the trade itself. And even though it’s July 12th, the Yankee team transaction window is at June 29th with July not even listed in the menu of months across the top. Maybe I’m just not understanding the procedure.
But all of this is moot any way because we decided to go back to fictional leagues like we are used to and because all of a sudden the Gooden issues for 1996 and 1997 have been taken care of by themselves. His real life stats has no sign of Boston or MON AAA. They show that he pitched that time for the Yankees. So something is not right. Maybe the recent patches fixed them?
Thanks again for your replies and attention to my posts. Keep up the good work. We have appreciated your efforts over the years. We go back to 2001/2002 when the game was marketed as Season Ticket Baseball through Infogrames and copyrighted by Marcus.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:22 PM   #19
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

FYI...

"Real Transactions" are not reported on the league transactions or the BNN screen. This is the way the game is currently coded. As they did not occur "in your league" but rather by events outside of them it is not recorded. They do show on your player history though.

As for the Yarnall thing. The game imports the rookies for the next year in November of the previous year. Yarnall imports in 11/98 as a Yankee since his debut was in 1999 with the Yankees.

In regards of the players teams and how the trade could occur. The game does not "make the trade in game". e.g. Yarnall is not traded for Lowell. Rather the game uses the transaction database to reassign players directly to teams (not from). So if Yarnall was on the Shlotzky Reds or the Brubaker Brewers it does not matter, it will just switch him to the Yankees on 2/1 and Lowell to the Marlins on 2/1. There is no "trade" just player movements that replicate the trade.

OOTP MODS:
available at...
Old 07-06-2011, 02:33 AM   #20
sley
Minors (Double A)

Ok. Thanks for taking the time to explain.