Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 06-12-2007, 05:23 PM   #1
Tony M
Global Moderator

Players Importer

Just a quick heads up on where this is.

The re-importation of players*.csv files is progressing nicely. In terms of the csv's left to add into the reading routine, there are just over half. It should progress quickly, but the brain does tend to gloss over staring at the list of field numbers file after file.

I would say it should be ready by the end of the week (that's Sunday, not Friday)
Tony M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 08:50 AM   #2
Tony M
Global Moderator

Leaderboard positions and values will not be able to reloaded through this utility due to a fairly important field being missing in the players_league_leaders.csv file (the League ID is not there!)

That just leaves players_pitching, players_roster_status, players_streak and players_value to program the load for now.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:52 AM   #3
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Couldn't you look up the year in another file.

For instance, in the league leader file, there is the player's ID and the year. So, you can look up the players league in the players.csv file based on this information.

NOTE ALSO: I reported that this file is not complete. Not all of the league leader data is there.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:09 AM   #4
Tony M
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comedian2004 View Post
For instance, in the league leader file, there is the player's ID and the year. So, you can look up the players league in the players.csv file based on this information.
There is a potential that a player has been in more than one league in a season and got onto the leaderboard in both of them. It would then involve calculating the relevant stats and comparing them.

I'll probably look at that after I've completed the import process.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:52 AM   #5
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

I bet it only happens every 30 years...
Old 06-13-2007, 11:29 AM   #6
Tony M
Global Moderator

Well, it seems to work fine...

Apart from the occassional Joe somebody or somebody Unknown or Joe Unknown appearing in the game.

Very strange that a name appears in a new game, but doesn't necessarily appear in the names file. Unless first names are being used as surnames and vice versa by the game...

When I've sorted that issue, I'll publish it for general testing!
Old 06-13-2007, 11:36 AM   #7
Tony M
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxford View Post

Very strange that a name appears in a new game, but doesn't necessarily appear in the names file. Unless first names are being used as surnames and vice versa by the game...
The guy who became Joe Santana after re-import was originally called Jos Santana and Jos only appears in names.txt not in firstnames.txt so the game must be using surnames as first names and vice versa.

Rather wonder what the point of having separate files is...

edit, my mistake. Opening the files in ASCII in the code is stripping off the accented characters...

Last edited by Tony M; 06-13-2007 at 12:14 PM. Reason: my mistake
Old 06-13-2007, 12:19 PM   #8
injury log
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well, it seems to work fine...

Apart from the occassional Joe somebody or somebody Unknown or Joe Unknown appearing in the game.
If 'Joe Unknown' is the only problematic name you're seeing, it's just a ghost player- they're all named 'Joe Unknown'. I would expect the surname 'Unknown' to be purposefully excluded from the surnames database for that reason, but I've never checked.
injury log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 12:27 PM   #9
Tony M
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by injury log View Post
If 'Joe Unknown' is the only problematic name you're seeing, it's just a ghost player- they're all named 'Joe Unknown'. I would expect the surname 'Unknown' to be purposefully excluded from the surnames database for that reason, but I've never checked.
Nope,

It was down to me using ASCII encoding to load the csv's when I shouldn't have.. I cleared that problem now, and tested a full import (minus leaderboards at the moment)

I put one team's players all on 10 year, $1,000,000 a year salaries and the rest of players on irrevocable waivers.

It took a fair while to process the following three days because of 8000+ players on the waiver wire!

The program is available at http://www.bourtonville.co.uk/OOTPEditor/publish.htm for testing...
Old 06-14-2007, 12:43 AM   #10
CBLCardinals
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Just a quick heads up on where this is.

The re-importation of players*.csv files is progressing nicely. In terms of the csv's left to add into the reading routine, there are just over half. It should progress quickly, but the brain does tend to gloss over staring at the list of field numbers file after file.

I would say it should be ready by the end of the week (that's Sunday, not Friday)

would this utility allow me to import past, retired players (from a dummy league importing from lahman for 2003 season) into a league that started in 2004? (ie anyone that played & retired from 1900-2003).

thanks for your time,
HP
CBLCardinals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 06:20 PM   #11
Tony M
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBLCardinals View Post
would this utility allow me to import past, retired players (from a dummy league importing from lahman for 2003 season) into a league that started in 2004? (ie anyone that played & retired from 1900-2003).

thanks for your time,
HP
Let me have a look into that. The problem there will come with a new game expecting the player IDs to be down near the start (ie 1 upwards) but a copy of the files from a previous game will probably be there instead.

I've added an Import Coach tab to the program as well now at http://www.bourtonville.co.uk/OOTPEditor/publish.htm
Old 06-26-2007, 07:13 AM   #12
Tony M
Global Moderator

An update is available at that link now. There are no new parts to the program, but I found a field in teams.dat that was different to what I had seen before so it now takes that into account.
Old 06-27-2008, 06:56 PM   #13
texasmame
All Star Starter

Is this proggy working correctly or is it user error on my end?

As the defending NL West Champions, the SALMON fall to the wildcard Dakota Rushmores in the first round in seven games.
texasmame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 03:56 AM   #14
Tony M
Global Moderator

Not working for OOTP9 yet...
Old 06-28-2008, 10:14 PM   #15
texasmame
All Star Starter

K. Thx. Besides this proggy, any way to edit players.csv and re-import it?

As the defending NL West Champions, the SALMON fall to the wildcard Dakota Rushmores in the first round in seven games.
texasmame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 08:07 PM   #16
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Okay, looks like this is the thread AND the OP I should be looking for and talking with.

Tony? Help on the .csv file? I have a thread active in beta, one in General Discussions, and now adding this one looking for some help? Is this process dead in the water for X?
Old 03-02-2010, 03:09 AM   #17
gabychan
Bat Boy

promotional corporate gifts
bag filter
filling machine
nail products
seo firm
china market research
china market entry
gabychan is offline   Reply With Quote