Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion Talk about the latest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 04-23-2018, 04:47 PM   #1
Afroduck
Minors (Single A)

I suck, but

I started a historical game with the Expansion Florida Panthers 3 years in and I have built a pretty solid team, but I cant get past being a sub 500 team. Even that's being generous.

This is made more frustrating when I look at the standings and see Vancouver as the top team in the West with a half star goaltender. New York Islanders are top three team in their division with a half star goalie. The Tampa Bay Lighting have been a pretty good team for the last couple of seasons and they have TWO 2.5 star players on their entire roster plain and simply they should be terrible, but nope.

Meanwhile I have a 4 star goalie with 4 flames and he apparently sucks.

I have yet to get really use to playing this game, but I believe I have most of the basics down. I have tried playing around with tactics, but not a lot to do as I have some good playmakers so I wanted to keep a strategy that used that.

Does anybody have some tips or I should I start trading off my good players for half star players because right now it seems like the only way to build a Playoff team
Afroduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 09:31 PM   #2
maikgianino
Minors (Double A)

I have the same problem.
I'm not playing historical but SPHL, there is a team with 2 goales with 0.5 Stars and both of them made shutouts against my team which is the 3rd in the league with the player with more goals this season.
maikgianino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 10:42 PM   #3
Kinsella19
Minors (Double A)

That often happens in this game and I really think it depends on coaching or some sort of unseen force that makes garbage teams become unstoppable. In many of my saves I've noticed the Carolina Hurricanes going like 65-10-7 or some other absurd combo with a bunch of two-three star players.

For suggestions as to why you guys are having trouble winning games, are you playing as GM only or GM and coach? If your coach has a very low Tactics and In-Game Tactics stats then you're gonna have a tough time winning games as those are extremely important.
Kinsella19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 12:10 AM   #4
maikgianino
Minors (Double A)

I do GM + Coach but I let my coach do the lines and then I fix them if I see something wrong or I disagree. I noticed that works better than me doing everything.
Old 04-24-2018, 11:56 AM   #5
Afroduck
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maikgianino View Post
I do GM + Coach but I let my coach do the lines and then I fix them if I see something wrong or I disagree. I noticed that works better than me doing everything.

This is what I usually do too, but nothing seems to work just constantly win one lose three win one lose four.

Massively frustrating as I want to continue playing, but I have no clue what to do as it doesn't seem to matter if I build a better team or not.

I understand strategies play a certain part, but still a 4 star goalie should be better then a half star goalie even if I suck at coaching.
Afroduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 12:24 PM   #6
maikgianino
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afroduck View Post
This is what I usually do too, but nothing seems to work just constantly win one lose three win one lose four.

Massively frustrating as I want to continue playing, but I have no clue what to do as it doesn't seem to matter if I build a better team or not.

I understand strategies play a certain part, but still a 4 star goalie should be better then a half star goalie even if I suck at coaching.
How good are coaches? Try to find the best ones from FA market. That should help to make your team play better. The best as possible will help to improve your performance in general.

I never won a championship yet in 2 months playing this game with many seasons already in different leagues as: France, Norway, Asian League and SPHL, though but reached 1 final and 2 semi finals at the moment.

I do agree that sometimes some matches seem to be wrongly simmed but at the same time in defense of the developers sometimes sports are not so logic as we expect.
Old 04-24-2018, 03:08 PM   #7
Kinsella19
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maikgianino View Post
Again, what is your tactics and in-game tactics rating?
Kinsella19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 06:43 PM   #8
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsella19 View Post
That's going to be important. But you're also playing in one of the toughest NHL eras. The 90s were hard hitting, low scoring, grinding games, and the game WILL reflect that. If you're trying to play open, other teams are going to absolutely torch you night in and out.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 11:41 PM   #9
maikgianino
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsella19 View Post
Tactics 12 and In-game 8. Started the game again a week ago due some problems in my previous one.