Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 12-28-2017, 02:56 AM   #21
itsmb8
All Star Starter

Just one quick question. I have the MLB-December quickstart downloaded and would like to use this as well, any advice on how to set this up for it to work properly?
itsmb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 06:37 PM   #22
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmb8 View Post
Just one quick question. I have the MLB-December quickstart downloaded and would like to use this as well, any advice on how to set this up for it to work properly?
It won't be easy but you should make a template of the Dec QS, load up WOCB2017, and then you'll need to delete all players (including retired ones) from the WOCB universe for the MLB and affiliates, or any league included in the Dec QS for that matter.

Once all of the players are deleted, you'll need to delete all of those leagues as well, and I'd suggest deleting all personnel at that point too.

Import your template for the Dec QS, re-adjust all of the independent college leagues to feed into the new MLB, and that should get you started.

BTW: it will be slow
Dr. P.R. Park III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 04:47 AM   #23
itsmb8
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. P.R. Park III View Post
It won't be easy but you should make a template of the Dec QS, load up WOCB2017, and then you'll need to delete all players (including retired ones) from the WOCB universe for the MLB and affiliates, or any league included in the Dec QS for that matter.

Once all of the players are deleted, you'll need to delete all of those leagues as well, and I'd suggest deleting all personnel at that point too.

Import your template for the Dec QS, re-adjust all of the independent college leagues to feed into the new MLB, and that should get you started.

BTW: it will be slow
Would it be possible to make a template of the college universe not tied to any league and import it into the quickstart?
Old 12-29-2017, 06:14 AM   #24
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

Nope, unfortunately the game doens't allow you to specify what to / not to include from the DB in game templates.

This explains why there's many residual "ghost leagues" and teams in the universe, because while building it templates were slapped together with other templates.

Bottom line is: it's possible to get it to work but to work correctly is another story. My project has been in build and testing for about 6-8 months so you can imagine I'm not eager to make it work on something that was released last week....

One other obstacle is the Dec QS starts in Dec 2017 whereas WOCB begins in Jan 2017. Most likely after all duplicate players / leagues have been removed, you'll need to rebuild all league schedules to align with 2018.
Old 12-29-2017, 11:28 AM   #25
itsmb8
All Star Starter

Quote:
Nope, unfortunately the game doens't allow you to specify what to / not to include from the DB in game templates.

This explains why there's many residual "ghost leagues" and teams in the universe, because while building it templates were slapped together with other templates.

Bottom line is: it's possible to get it to work but to work correctly is another story. My project has been in build and testing for about 6-8 months so you can imagine I'm not eager to make it work on something that was released last week....

One other obstacle is the Dec QS starts in Dec 2017 whereas WOCB begins in Jan 2017. Most likely after all duplicate players / leagues have been removed, you'll need to rebuild all league schedules to align with 2018.
Great points, never thought about that.. Thank you!
Old 12-30-2017, 08:11 PM   #26
Im New to This
Minors (Rookie Ball)

How does this affect High Schoolers in the MLB Draft

Hey I was considering using this template and I was wondering what role high schoolers play. (Sorry if this is repetitive, I only read the first part of the post)

Im New to This is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 02:07 AM   #27
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

HS players feed the indie college leagues so they don't play any role in the MLB draft for a few years and even then it's indirect and via the college leagues.

You'd have to add HS feeders specific to the MLB in order to get HS players in the draft like real life.

I'm not actually concerned with HS players flowing into the MLB draft and with simulating that relationship, the goal of this universe is to mechanically emulate a vast collegiate universe that interacts quasi-proper with the MLB.

Bottom line: download the QS and rip apart the DAT files yourself and experiment
Old 01-02-2018, 10:49 PM   #28
itsmb8
All Star Starter

Correct me if I am wrong, but if you set the age limits for rosters in any league, teams would only be able to sign players that fit those requirements.? For instance, roster age limit of 18 to 22, teams would only be able to sign players that fit those requirements?

If so, would it be possible to run high school leagues alongside college leagues and have them all feed into the draft, and then any undrafted high school players can be signed to college teams?

Also, putting restrictions on JuCo players and such. Example, a player from California would not go to a Junior College in Florida.
Old 01-03-2018, 12:02 AM   #29
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

Age limits / restrictions don't work 100%, this has been the case for a while now. All of the college leagues have age limit parameters set out of the box, and like explained, JuCo's are 18-20 vs 18-22.

In order to achieve what you're looking for, you want ONE unified draft pool, which is possible via Associations but is a complete cluster when done with leagues the size of NCAA-DI in addition to the others. The only way to get ONE draft pool that feeds the MLB is to associate the college leagues but this totally breaks "recruiting" and drafting for the college leagues.

No, age limits alone will not drive the type of player movement / logic you're looking for nor is there any easy way to have geographic centric players stick to their local area (California HS player going to CA college).

There's currently no way to my knowledge to associate a "region" with a specific draft pool, and this is something I've really looked into other than modifying xml's or txt files, which isn't something I'm going to be doing right now.

Last edited by Dr. P.R. Park III; 01-03-2018 at 12:04 AM.
Old 01-08-2018, 07:00 PM   #30
itsmb8
All Star Starter

Quote:
Age limits / restrictions don't work 100%, this has been the case for a while now. All of the college leagues have age limit parameters set out of the box, and like explained, JuCo's are 18-20 vs 18-22.

In order to achieve what you're looking for, you want ONE unified draft pool, which is possible via Associations but is a complete cluster when done with leagues the size of NCAA-DI in addition to the others. The only way to get ONE draft pool that feeds the MLB is to associate the college leagues but this totally breaks "recruiting" and drafting for the college leagues.

No, age limits alone will not drive the type of player movement / logic you're looking for nor is there any easy way to have geographic centric players stick to their local area (California HS player going to CA college).

There's currently no way to my knowledge to associate a "region" with a specific draft pool, and this is something I've really looked into other than modifying xml's or txt files, which isn't something I'm going to be doing right now.
Ive been looking at your quickstart as well as re-reading these last couple posts and brainstorming a bit.

From what I can see, all college leagues feed into the draft pool and through age restrictions, facilitate player movement with the use of Free Agency, correct?

If so, what if the high school leagues were set up the same way as the college leagues are so they all feed into the MLB draft, and if undrafted they use free agency to sign with colleges or independent leagues? I say this because players already use free agency to move around in the college ranks, so wouldnt it be the same way if high school leagues were set up the same way, just acting as high schools through the mostly working use of age limits?

Sorry if it somewhat confusing to understand. But what im getting at is setting up high school leagues the same way college leagues are set up, having them all feed into the MLB similar to how its currently done, and then instead of using the draft as "recruiting," allow those undrafted high school players to move to colleges or independent leagues through the use of free agency instead. Would that work?

---Also, when I ask this im only looking for your knowledge on this for advice. I'm in no way expecting you to work on this theory at all.

Last edited by itsmb8; 01-08-2018 at 07:01 PM.
Old 01-09-2018, 06:15 AM   #31
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmb8 View Post
Ive been looking at your quickstart as well as re-reading these last couple posts and brainstorming a bit.

From what I can see, all college leagues feed into the draft pool and through age restrictions, facilitate player movement with the use of Free Agency, correct?

If so, what if the high school leagues were set up the same way as the college leagues are so they all feed into the MLB draft, and if undrafted they use free agency to sign with colleges or independent leagues? I say this because players already use free agency to move around in the college ranks, so wouldnt it be the same way if high school leagues were set up the same way, just acting as high schools through the mostly working use of age limits?

Sorry if it somewhat confusing to understand. But what im getting at is setting up high school leagues the same way college leagues are set up, having them all feed into the MLB similar to how its currently done, and then instead of using the draft as "recruiting," allow those undrafted high school players to move to colleges or independent leagues through the use of free agency instead. Would that work?

---Also, when I ask this im only looking for your knowledge on this for advice. I'm in no way expecting you to work on this theory at all.
Again, my intentions with the universe are different than yours, I'm not concerned with getting HS players into the MLB draft. The name is World of College Baseball because there's an emphasis on playing the college leagues.

What you're trying to achieve is complicated and clunky; you cannot have one league feed TWO leagues concurrently. You either have traditional feeders baked into the Major league or you have independent leagues that "feed" another league via Rules settings.

What you can try is to convert each of the state association HS leagues from baked feeders to independent feeders; you then will need to adjust each of the 50 HS indie leagues to feed the MLB, set age limits, financials, etc. for all of them.

I've personally tried this and gave up really quickly.

Also, this particular quote is another contributing factor as to why your desired set-up will encounter problems with drafted players: "The game has a tendency to return feeder league players never drafted back to original teams, even when the player is way beyond the age limits set for the feeder league. Only way to get rid of them is to find them in the draft pool, and retire or delete."

The only way to test out any theories is to tear a part the game and test. I've provided you with more than a framework and have already saved you a lot of work, now you just need to mold the universe to your liking.

Most of the mechanisms to make a realistic college baseball sim are in place with OOTP but unfortunately not all are built into the game.

Last edited by Dr. P.R. Park III; 01-09-2018 at 03:18 PM.
Old 01-26-2018, 08:53 PM   #32
Aceshigh24
All Star Reserve

Not sure if you're still checking this but is the point of this to be just College Baseball or can i control an MLB Team while the College Universe is going on in the back ground kind of like a Japan league, etc.....?
Aceshigh24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 06:55 PM   #33
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

You can play as any team available, there's just a lot of college leagues for those interested in playing them.
Old 02-10-2018, 11:48 AM   #34
Aceshigh24
All Star Reserve

Quote:
The default draft pool must be "cleaned" the next 3 seasons of default real draft players, otherwise you run the risk of no indie college players being selected in the drafts. I've already performed these steps for 2017, but for 18, 19, and 2020, if you want the daisy-chain player movement and draft outputs, you need to do the following:

1. Initiate MLB pre-season so it start's on 1/2/18 via the league events options
2. Schedule the MLB draft pool reveal date to be 1/3/18 via league events options
3. Before simulating to next day, you must manually prevent the existing indie college leagues from feeding MLB (via MLB League Settings > Rules > Feeding Into Draft Pool Of Another League needs to switched from 'Major League Baseball' to NONE). You need to do this for each independent college league (ie. .NCAA-DI, DII, etc.). Ensure none of the indie leagues are feeding the MLB draft pool before simulating.
4. Simulate the next day, open up the MLB draft pool, select all players, and delete. Schedule the draft pool reveal date for 1/4/18, the next day.
5. Before simulating to next day, you must manually enable the existing indie college leagues so they feed MLB (via MLB League Settings > Rules > Feeding Into Draft Pool Of Another League needs to switched from 'NONE' to 'Major League Baseball'. You need to do this for each independent college league (ie. .NCAA-DI, DII, etc.). Ensure all of the indie leagues are feeding the MLB draft pool before simulating. HINT - since the game has multiple ghost leagues named Major League Baseball, name the active game one something unique (i.e. Major League Baseball LSD) so you can easily distinguish between the correct MLB and the ghost MLB's.
6. Upon simulating to next day, check the MLB draft pool and verify all players are "organic" college players from the feeders league.

You shouldn't have to do this process after the 2020 season. You shouldn't have to do this process if you don't care about the draft pool players for first few years.

Lastly, below is the process for maintenance of the universe so that it's functional for 10+ years:
Process for Maintaining Player Control:
1. On June 10th, navigate to MLB free agents, filter by age (between ages 19-22 & atleast age 23, and potential rating below 21 filter settings)
and retire all of these players. You want the MLB to have around 1k free agents, and NCAA-DI with 100-200. Since foreigners aren't allowed in
any of the college leagues, most of the free agents aren't applicable anyway.
2. On November 8th, delete all fictional "college players" generated for the NCAA-DII, DIII, NAIA, NJCAA, CCCAA draft pools, leaving only HS
draft candidates for those leagues; for the NCAA-DI draft pool, filter it by age using filter atleast age 20, and retire those players so they're
not drafted. The game has a tendency to return feeder league players never drafted back to original teams, even when the player is way beyond the
age limits set for the feeder league. Only way to get rid of them is to find them in the draft pool, and retire or delete.
3. On Jan 1st of following year, navigate to MLB free agents, filter by age (between ages 19-22 & atleast age 23, and potential rating below 21 filter settings)
and retire all of these players. This process needs to happen every year, otherwise the universe will become unruly and bloated and non-operational.

Version BETA 1.0 (old)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/s3x7xp...ETA_1.0_QS.zip

Version BETA 2.2 (old)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/wo481b...ETA_2.2_QS.zip

Version 6.0 - Lite Version (670MB)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/jyqenb...6.0_-_Lite.zip

Version 6.0 - Expanded Version (1.1 GB)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/3yr6rk...-_Expanded.zip
Question about this part.

Part 1 - You advised to clean out the draft pool but also indicate that you don't have to do it if you don't care about the draft pool players for the first few years. Is it that big of a hassle if you don't do it and if you don't do it, is it best to just simulate the first couple of years to 2021 so the draft pool has cleaned out?

Part 2 - To keep the league going 10+ years, you put on Nov 8th to delete the fictional "College Players". Where does this take place? Am i doing this in the FA list by filter or am i going somewhere else for this?

Thanks for your help. Giving this a go right now and want to make sure i don't F it up.
Aceshigh24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 02:01 AM   #35
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

Part I
My main observation was that the game didn't pick up enough of indie college players in the first 4 years of the draft because of the highly rated real draft picks. If you have the patience to sim, I'd sim 2017-2027 to completely clean it out.
Part II
You do this by navigating to specific "draft pool" tab in "transactions" for each indie college league on "draft day", filter players by "college players" and delete those so that none of the indie college players drafted by the NCAA-DI are "drafted" from another college.
Old 02-22-2018, 02:46 PM   #36
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Any plans to update this for the 2018 season when OOTP 19 is released?
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 10:28 PM   #37
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

There are plans for OOTP 19, no ETA.
Old 07-08-2018, 06:46 PM   #38
jbarry9
Bat Boy

Hi, thanks for taking the time to do all that you have done.

I am not very savvy with computers and I have downloaded your files successfully to my computer, but I don't know how to proceed from there. Any insight would be great.

Quote:
Hello All!

After a bit of a hiatus from baseball, I'm back with a few projects, the first of which is my take on the collegiate baseball experience.

Ever since playing MVP 07: NCAA Baseball years ago on PS2 and the current CWS is about to start, I wanted to experiment with college mechanics in OOTP.

I'm fully aware of the limitations of the game engine vs reality, and I'll explain my logic and reasoning in a moment on a few things.

WOCB2017 BETA 6.0 is the only functional "daisy-chain" collegiate universe featuring an extensive collegiate playing experience.

The rundown:

Since recruiting players cannot be realistically emulated in the game at the moment, I took a two-fold approach: created the college leagues as independents and have players flow into the MLB draft pool. With version 6.0, the mechanics have been completely overhauled so this actually works very well now.

Secondly, free agency should trigger player movement from college ranks to professional ranks via enforcement of age rules limits. This isn't great but does work.

I have all college leagues set up with amateur drafts to simulate a recruiting class; in order to maintain "organic" HS recruits for NCAA-DII, DIII, NAIA, NJCAA, and CCCAA; I suggest deleting all "college players" from each leagues draft pool, so the only players drafted from them are high school players.

JuCo players are eligible for FA after one year vs NCAA / NAIA players at three years.

Performance is solid; my machine can handle the Expanded version with 5 seasons simulated pretty well, as long as the number of free agents is regularly purged.

This is the closest mechanical universe I could think of when adapted for college baseball in OOTP. I hope you enjoy and please let me know of any issues.

This was created using OOTP build v72.

Credits include MUFC, cephasjames, reds1, No Pepper, Robo, eriqjaffe, txranger, and many others!

NOTE: since FA is used as primary catalyst for player movement in college, please expect a lot of players to sign 1-year deals and move around. Not realistic but best option available at moment.

UPDATE: I've added a download link to version 2.2; this version is built completely from scratch, only features NCAA-D I-II-III but also completely updated stadiums and graphics. The NCAA D-I features the top 12 conferences by RPI (rating performance index) per D-1baseball.com In addition to that, I've included a couple Japanese amateur feeders, for those that like to play in Japan.

12/19/17
UPDATE 2: I've added two new download links for final version version 6.0; this version is also built completely from scratch, features NCAA-D I-II-III, NAIA, NCJAA, CCCAA with mostly updated stadiums and graphics. The NCAA D-I features the top 12 conferences by RPI (rating performance index) per D-1baseball.com.

The difference between the Lite version and Expanded is the lite version includes 3 HS feeder leagues that directly feed into NCAA-DI whereas the Expanded version features 50 state association leagues that feed NCAA-I. The expanded version of WOCB2017 6.0 is totally inspired by Bristolduke's awesome "American Feeder System" quickstart from previous versions.

The default draft pool must be "cleaned" the next 3 seasons of default real draft players, otherwise you run the risk of no indie college players being selected in the drafts. I've already performed these steps for 2017, but for 18, 19, and 2020, if you want the daisy-chain player movement and draft outputs, you need to do the following:

1. Initiate MLB pre-season so it start's on 1/2/18 via the league events options
2. Schedule the MLB draft pool reveal date to be 1/3/18 via league events options
3. Before simulating to next day, you must manually prevent the existing indie college leagues from feeding MLB (via MLB League Settings > Rules > Feeding Into Draft Pool Of Another League needs to switched from 'Major League Baseball' to NONE). You need to do this for each independent college league (ie. .NCAA-DI, DII, etc.). Ensure none of the indie leagues are feeding the MLB draft pool before simulating.
4. Simulate the next day, open up the MLB draft pool, select all players, and delete. Schedule the draft pool reveal date for 1/4/18, the next day.
5. Before simulating to next day, you must manually enable the existing indie college leagues so they feed MLB (via MLB League Settings > Rules > Feeding Into Draft Pool Of Another League needs to switched from 'NONE' to 'Major League Baseball'. You need to do this for each independent college league (ie. .NCAA-DI, DII, etc.). Ensure all of the indie leagues are feeding the MLB draft pool before simulating. HINT - since the game has multiple ghost leagues named Major League Baseball, name the active game one something unique (i.e. Major League Baseball LSD) so you can easily distinguish between the correct MLB and the ghost MLB's.
6. Upon simulating to next day, check the MLB draft pool and verify all players are "organic" college players from the feeders league.

You shouldn't have to do this process after the 2020 season. You shouldn't have to do this process if you don't care about the draft pool players for first few years.

Lastly, below is the process for maintenance of the universe so that it's functional for 10+ years:
Process for Maintaining Player Control:
1. On June 10th, navigate to MLB free agents, filter by age (between ages 19-22 & atleast age 23, and potential rating below 21 filter settings)
and retire all of these players. You want the MLB to have around 1k free agents, and NCAA-DI with 100-200. Since foreigners aren't allowed in
any of the college leagues, most of the free agents aren't applicable anyway.
2. On November 8th, delete all fictional "college players" generated for the NCAA-DII, DIII, NAIA, NJCAA, CCCAA draft pools, leaving only HS
draft candidates for those leagues; for the NCAA-DI draft pool, filter it by age using filter atleast age 20, and retire those players so they're
not drafted. The game has a tendency to return feeder league players never drafted back to original teams, even when the player is way beyond the
age limits set for the feeder league. Only way to get rid of them is to find them in the draft pool, and retire or delete.
3. On Jan 1st of following year, navigate to MLB free agents, filter by age (between ages 19-22 & atleast age 23, and potential rating below 21 filter settings)
and retire all of these players. This process needs to happen every year, otherwise the universe will become unruly and bloated and non-operational.

Version BETA 1.0 (old)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/s3x7xp...ETA_1.0_QS.zip

Version BETA 2.2 (old)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/wo481b...ETA_2.2_QS.zip

Version 6.0 - Lite Version (670MB)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/jyqenb...6.0_-_Lite.zip

Version 6.0 - Expanded Version (1.1 GB)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/3yr6rk...-_Expanded.zip
jbarry9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 08:46 AM   #39
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

1. Unzip WOCB
2. Put the .quick folder at the following location \Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 19\quickstart_games
3. Load the quickstart from in-game and enjoy
Old 07-17-2018, 08:47 AM   #40
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

Quote:
There are plans for OOTP 19, no ETA.

BTW: an enhanced and better version is available for OOTP 19:
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=287719