Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion Talk about the latest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 10-06-2017, 06:08 PM   #1
Rayzor
All Star Starter

Trading w/the AI

If this trade happen in RL it would have brought the mighty Canadiens Franchise to it's knees. BTW I'm loving FHM4, great job JeffR & staff
Name:  screenshot_5.jpg
Views: 629
Size:  156.3 KB
Rayzor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 06:13 PM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

If that's using annual recalculation/real retirement dates, Colorado's getting an unpleasant surprise in a couple of seasons...
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 07:21 PM   #3
fishbowlninja
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I got one randomly great trade for myself once. Forgot to screenshot, but I got a 2nd or 3rd round pick for a 1.5* players with not much more potential for improvement. Played in my AHL team.
fishbowlninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 07:38 PM   #4
Rayzor
All Star Starter

Montreal wouldn't trade Michel Plasse (1.5/1.5) to Colorado (me), they liked him a lot but (as u can see) was willing to trade Ken Dryden (3.0/3.0)....Hoping he won't go to school for a 1yr or retire.
Old 10-06-2017, 07:41 PM   #5
Rayzor
All Star Starter

So, Ken Dryden 2nd game with The Rockies was against Montreal, u can guess what happen.
Name:  screenshot_6.jpg
Views: 599
Size:  153.0 KB
Old 10-26-2017, 10:02 AM   #6
George_Bell
All Star Starter

So im bumping this as i think trading with the AI is an issue. Yes, i know coding trade AI is difficult. Yes, i know it's never gonna be perfect, or satisfy everyone. I understand all the issues with it, but what i just read, to me, is a huge issue with trades and something needs to be fixed.

Here is a link to a dynasty thread..
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=282447

In the first 2 posts, you can see the human GM took over Vegas, and proceeded to trade almost everything for a brand new team. The thing is he acquired some of the best young players available in the NHL. Not everyone, but elite talent.

I asked him to post his trades, and starting at post 17, he did.

This is very concerning for me. The deals he was able to make suggest something is very wrong with the trade AI in the game.

Laine, Barkov, Marner, Larkin, Risto, Werenski, among other were all acquired with what Vegas has today, and that's absurd. It really should be impossible. Vegas has NOTHING, and i mean NOTHING these teams should want, generally speaking for these guys. Larkin deal was actually decent, but that doesn't take away from the fact, to me, its a solo play game breaker.
George_Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 10:30 AM   #7
Gerry58
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by George_Bell View Post
So im bumping this as i think trading with the AI is an issue. Yes, i know coding trade AI is difficult. Yes, i know it's never gonna be perfect, or satisfy everyone. I understand all the issues with it, but what i just read, to me, is a huge issue with trades and something needs to be fixed.

Here is a link to a dynasty thread..
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=282447

In the first 2 posts, you can see the human GM took over Vegas, and proceeded to trade almost everything for a brand new team. The thing is he acquired some of the best young players available in the NHL. Not everyone, but elite talent.

I asked him to post his trades, and starting at post 17, he did.

This is very concerning for me. The deals he was able to make suggest something is very wrong with the trade AI in the game.

Laine, Barkov, Marner, Larkin, Risto, Werenski, among other were all acquired with what Vegas has today, and that's absurd. It really should be impossible. Vegas has NOTHING, and i mean NOTHING these teams should want, generally speaking for these guys. Larkin deal was actually decent, but that doesn't take away from the fact, to me, its a solo play game breaker.

Well as a solo gamer, you have really only one way to avoid abusing the AI: don't do it and limit yourself only to 'realistic' trades
Gerry58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 10:44 AM   #8
George_Bell
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry58 View Post
Well as a solo gamer, you have really only one way to avoid abusing the AI: don't do it and limit yourself only to 'realistic' trades
Sure, but that's not how to make a game better. Closing your eyes to issues won't help.

I agree with you. I wouldn't play like this. I can't. Game gets boring to me. I want to be challenged.

To me though, the bottom line is the AI needs work. The CPU Leafs need to have a reason to trade a Mitch Marner. Peter Mrazek, a 3rd and a 18 year old prosect should be getting hung up on. The CPU Jets should not be trading a Patrick Laine without getting back the world, and the Knights don't have the world to give....
George_Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 10:56 AM   #9
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by George_Bell View Post
Sure, but that's not how to make a game better. Closing your eyes to issues won't help.

I agree with you. I wouldn't play like this. I can't. Game gets boring to me. I want to be challenged.

To me though, the bottom line is the AI needs work. The CPU Leafs need to have a reason to trade a Mitch Marner. Peter Mrazek, a 3rd and a 18 year old prosect should be getting hung up on. The CPU Jets should not be trading a Patrick Laine without getting back the world, and the Knights don't have the world to give....
Jeff can correct me if I'm wrong on this, but part of the issue we found was the AI right now is overvaluing Vegas draft picks and not recalculating how good Vegas will be, so it's seeing all of these draft picks are incredibly high.

I think though we are working on a fix, because it seems to primarily be an issue just with Vegas.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 04:39 PM   #10
tk43
Minors (Triple A)

I'm the GM and HC of that Vegas team, but to be honest, it doesn't matter what team you choose. I managed to win the Cup with Calgary in my first 2 seasons and the save has to potential to win the next 5 if not 10.
if you feel like being in a win now mode, you trade all your picks available the first 3/4 years for young stars and by the time they reach their late 20's you have all your draft picks too....
see calgary trades and team
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
tk43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 04:47 PM   #11
tk43
Minors (Triple A)

and just to prove my point, a few screen shots from my Edmonton save from FHM3 where i wanted to see how good McDavid is... 8 or 9 years, not sure, the first few years traded every pick, later had to trade young stars away as my cap was too high. the team is scary!!!
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 
tk43 is offline   Reply With Quote