Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 03-09-2017, 08:16 AM   #1
sreem
All Star Reserve

Commissioner Mode?

Maybe this has been addressed somewhere, but I was curious why there is no option for commissioner mode (like in OOTP) for the PtG game mode? This would really have helped me unstick my last PtG where my parent teams screwed my roster up and forced me to restart my career.
Old 03-09-2017, 09:33 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

The PtG mode is intended to be the "challenging" mode; if you were able to edit games it'd make things like accomplishing a good score or getting achievements. We'll probably be taking a look at all the modes and options are working in FHM4, and see if there are better ways to get the same effects with fewer restrictions on the player.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 09:43 AM   #3
sreem
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
The PtG mode is intended to be the "challenging" mode; if you were able to edit games it'd make things like accomplishing a good score or getting achievements. We'll probably be taking a look at all the modes and options are working in FHM4, and see if there are better ways to get the same effects with fewer restrictions on the player.
I totally get that. But just as an example, I could have fixed my season with a commissioner type control available, then wouldn't have to rely on you guys to take care of little bugs that can't be cleaned out of the game.

I wouldn't use it to make the game less challenging, and anyone who would use it to "cheat" in that way probably shouldn't be your consumer focus anyway. The purists and people who appreciate the challenge would certainly appreciate the ability to, say, expand their leagues along with RL or fix an error that breaks the game.

Just my 2 cents, still love the game. Can't believe the hours I've already put into it
Old 03-09-2017, 11:52 PM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

Yeah, that's likely to be the direction we move in. Just sorting out the exact details now. It'll probably work out that switching into commissioner mode will be possible everywhere, but it'll deactivate certain "reward/challenge"-type things.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote