Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2016, 08:20 AM   #1
DustinthePOWERHOUSE
All Star Reserve

FHM learning curve/immersion for a hockey noob

So as a big OOTP fan and a big supporter of the company I have a question for all the FHM fans out there.

I'm not a huge hockey fan, in fact I don't watch hockey aside from the B's and that's sporadically. My real fandom for hockey is playoff hockey, which should surprise no one because it's awesome.

I've been interested in trying the game recently for many reasons, but somewhat to support the companies and also because it seems interesting and something that I'd like to try. So I guess my questions is, since this wouldn't be relevant towards OOTP because I follow baseball religiously, how difficult would it be for someone like myself to immerse myself into the game and become dedicated to it? Do you think the learning curve would be very steep or somewhat tolerable?

Any opinions would be excellent, if this isn't the correct forum or discussion area for this topic please move this as well.

Thanks.

"It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am"- Ali

Wladimir Klitschko will DESTROY you.
DustinthePOWERHOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 10:39 AM   #2
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

If you play OOTP, then a lot of stuff will look and feel similar.

The biggest difference is how much you know about Hockey. If you understand the basics, you should be fine. Using the AI tools may be a good idea if you are unsure how to set up your Roster or your tactics.

If you don't know a lot, it's a bit steeper of a learning curve but by no means impossible. Use the AI help when needed and I would suggest giving the videos that Jeff and I are doing a watch as they may help explain some more of the intricacies of the game.
Adam B is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 12:55 PM   #3
Duranium
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post

The biggest difference is how much you know about Hockey. If you understand the basics, you should be fine. Using the AI tools may be a good idea if you are unsure how to set up your Roster or your tactics.

If you don't know a lot, it's a bit steeper of a learning curve but by no means impossible. Use the AI help when needed and I would suggest giving the videos that Jeff and I are doing a watch as they may help explain some more of the intricacies of the game.
I know nothing, nada, zilch about Baseball but i´d really love to play OOTP - is there a similar video series for Baseball noobs anywhere ?

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Duranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 01:08 PM   #4
DustinthePOWERHOUSE
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post

I know the very very basics, but I couldn't name more than 10 players in the league... I'll probably have to use the AI for lineups and such but honestly I really want to try it out because OOTP has been so succesful and such a great product and FHM looks tremendous as well. I'm just concerned about the fact that my baseball knowledge is substantially more than hockey which is pretty close to minimal...

"It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am"- Ali

Wladimir Klitschko will DESTROY you.
DustinthePOWERHOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 04:23 PM   #5
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duranium View Post
I know nothing, nada, zilch about Baseball but i´d really love to play OOTP - is there a similar video series for Baseball noobs anywhere ?
Well, that would be a better question for their Community Manager, but I'm sure it's something that can be looked at for them. There may even be someone in the Community doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinthePOWERHOUSE View Post
I know the very very basics, but I couldn't name more than 10 players in the league... I'll probably have to use the AI for lineups and such but honestly I really want to try it out because OOTP has been so succesful and such a great product and FHM looks tremendous as well. I'm just concerned about the fact that my baseball knowledge is substantially more than hockey which is pretty close to minimal...
Well it's a great way to learn the game. There are some quirks, but there's a great community here to answer any questions you may have.
Adam B is online now   Reply With Quote