Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations

Old 06-28-2008, 12:34 AM   #21
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Maybe your Go-Go Sox can rewrite history!

And no, I would never accept $ for helping with your setup. Never.
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 11:10 AM   #22
skunkle333
All Star Reserve

I understand about the money thing. Just a way of saying how much your work is appreciated and valued.

We won the second game to even up the series and I've enjoyed probably well over a 250 1959 WSeries replays in the past 40+ years with dice and a variety of pc sims. But I've NEVER enjoyed one with such color...pics...sounds...ball flight etc in all those years.
Just to be playing and catching a glimpse of Nellie's face as his groundball single slips between the 1st and 2nd basemen is uncanny as you watch the ball flight slip through and then touch on the commentary with Fox again in your peripheral vision.

Just simply terrific stuff.

OOTP9...it takes you where no one has gone before...

Last edited by skunkle333; 06-29-2008 at 11:12 AM.
skunkle333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 01:48 PM   #23
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Keep us posted on your WS replay! I played Game 1 of the 1957 WS last night. It was a pitcher's duel. Whitey Ford shut out the Braves and Warren Spahn 2-0.
Old 06-29-2008, 08:21 PM   #24
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Game 2 of the 1957 WS . . .

The Braves rattled Bobby Shantz in the early innings (hitting 3 solo home runs in the first 3 innings), but they couldn't knock him out. Eventually, the Yanks came from behind to win 4-3.
Old 06-29-2008, 10:38 PM   #25
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Screenshot: OOTP9 Broadcast Screen

I made the stadium graphic myself. I've never tried to create graphics before, so please excuse the amateur quality of this one.
Attached Images
Old 06-30-2008, 01:22 AM   #26
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

How's it going with your '59 Series replay, skunkle? I just played Game 3 of the '57 Series. The Braves nearly blew a 6-1 lead but held on to win 6-5. With the bases loaded and two out in the ninth, I called on Juan Pizarro to face Yogi Berra. He reared back and struck Berra out!
Old 06-30-2008, 09:25 AM   #27
skunkle333
All Star Reserve

How's my 59 WS replay? How is it? Mercy. Those doggone Dodgers took game 3 in another nail biter. OOTP9 is putting too much pressure on my heart.

Sounds like you are having some close games yourself.

Hey...nice stadium pic. But reminds me too much of those lame DMB parks. I have to have the 'real' pics! Tiny fans in the stands...real walls and stadiums.

I printed out a bunch of stuff on the ball locations charts etc and planned on putting the right locations etc on a better pic of the old LA Col. for 59. But I can't get OOTP9 to recognize the pic. It's only like 74kb. I'm trying to figure out how to stretch it etc. Even having fun doing that.

I'm also beginning to touch up some of Lahman's player ratings for the WSox and Dodgers. They have Esposito rated fairly slow (although maybe not...can't remember if I used the 1-10 or 1-20 scale) so I need to check that out. I pitch ran him for Kluzewski and he wasn't much faster. I like doing adjustments as long as it's only for a couple of teams and not whole leagues!

Thought I'd post this in the Gen Discussions section. I didn't realize that OOTP made the L/R random. I thought they were a general generic L/R with a couple points difference being consistent. I take random to mean their is no regular template on this.

So what I'm trying to figure out is some kind of scale based on the real life L/R for the players. Let's say player A in real life is a right handed batter that hit lefties at 297 and rhp at 245. Big difference.
Depending on the scale I'm using in the game how would I go about getting a fair adjustment to that big of a difference?

I'll be working on that one later today. Part of the fun of the game is touching things up.

You mentioned some posts ago I could let you know of any other playoff WSeries matches. Hmmm. Don't tempt me...you have done enough.

Have a great Monday. Did you get my email response to your last email?
What a blast playing this game.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:22 AM   #28
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

No, I didn't get your e-mail. Feel free to PM me, if you wish.

I think the stadium pics have to be in .jpg format. Otherwise, OOTP won't recognize them.

I know what you mean about nail-biters. Now I know how it must've felt as the Braves manager to see Mickey Mantle step into the batter's box with a chance to win the ballgame. Dreadful . . . but great fun!
Old 06-30-2008, 12:32 PM   #29
skunkle333
All Star Reserve

Thanks for the jpg tip although I think it is jpg. But who knows with my memory.

Hey...what about my real life White Sox! We returned the favor in fine fashion!!

And Mantle was solid from either side of the plate.
Old 06-30-2008, 05:51 PM   #30
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Have you found a good source of old stadium pics? If so, I'd like to hear about it!

BTW, I finished Game 4 of the '57 Series. Bob Hazle hit a walkoff two-run blast to beat the Yankees, 4-2. Series now tied at 2.
Old 06-30-2008, 07:35 PM   #31
skunkle333
All Star Reserve

Sounds like a great game. I'll have to check out this Hazle...not familiar with him.

Here ya go on the stadium pics:

PC Ballpark Backgrounds

Just got home from babysitting again. Hmmm...what to do? OOTP9 unless me sweet wife has a honey do list ready. Egads!
Old 06-30-2008, 11:32 PM   #32
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for the link. It's hard to find usable pics of old ballparks, isn't it?

Update on the '57 Series replay: For the second time in the series, Whitey Ford blanked the Braves in Game 5. Final score: 1-0. Milwaukee rebounded to take Game 6 by the score of 7-5. So, it will all come down to a decisive Game 7. Hopefully, Ford is too tired to pitch again!
Old 07-01-2008, 01:51 AM   #33
skunkle333
All Star Reserve

Wow...what a series.

Milwaukee can't aFORD to face him again!

(Just got up 12:50 am to take my nightly trip for my bladder. Finished downloading
613 mb for a patch to my grandson's Medieval II pc game. Mercy.)
Old 07-01-2008, 05:22 PM   #34
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

'57 Series Update. . .

Three of the first six games were decided by one run, the other three by two runs. Game 7, though, proved to be an easy win for the Yankees. Don Larson and Bob Grim combined to shut out Milwaukee, 6-0. For the series, Mickey Mantle hit .500 with 1 HR, 4 RBI, and 7 BB. By contrast, Hank Aaron hit only .240 with 0 HR, 0 RBI, and 7 K.

IRL, Mantle actually missed a couple of games during the series.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:17 PM   #35
skunkle333
All Star Reserve

Sounds like a terrific series with a little letdown at the end.

Just finished some preliminary trimming and mowing before the big stuff tomorrow. Exhausted. Might be too tired for a game tonight. Then again I could play a couple of
2k8 games and sim to the 7th with a pitch by pitch finish if they are close.

Doesn't look good for my detail work until later in the week. Crum bum.

Interesting post you gave in about the 750 run environment in the other historical thread you responded to.

Happy gaming!
Old 07-01-2008, 11:24 PM   #36
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Hey, skunkle! I changed my e-mail address for OOTP. So feel free to contact me anytime at my new e-mail addy. Oh, and don't over-exert yourself!
Old 07-02-2008, 08:47 AM   #37
skunkle333
All Star Reserve

At least my 'over exerting' was completed yesterday evening. Now this morning I get to 'sit' on my mother in law's new JDeere riding mower with soda in the holder and finish up the two big yards! Not bad at all. Used to mow these two big yards with my 20" push mower. Mercy.

Daughter doesn't work today so I'm 'hoping' for a fair amount of OOTP and DMB game time. Fantastic real life finish of my White Sox on MLB last night. Now, if we can only get by Roger Craig tonight. Can do...if Wynn would just stop walking fellas before those lefty guys Moon...Snider and Larker come up.

I'll check your new email address later.

Have a good one and thanks still again for all your help with OOTP9.

OOTP9...you can see...read it...watch it and hear it...