Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Names and Nations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2007, 04:01 PM   #1
jar2574
Major Leagues

Argh! I can't get rid of foreign players in my league!

I have nothing against foreign players, I just don't want them playing in my fictional 1901 league. I am using historical rosters, then erasing stats and "randomizing names" to prevent me from having an advantage. Also, I won't import historical rookies.

Here are the steps I took after finding that 50% of my 1901 league was from abroad after "randomizing names."

The league "foreign player percentage" has always been set at 3% or 5% in every try.

Next, I edited the nations to make Cuba, Venezula, and every non-European country to 0 on talent development. In subsequent trial games, when I click on the flags, it shows that those countries have non-existent talent.

Next, I important a "historical names" mod. I generated a new league. I "randomized names." Loved the mod, but all it did for me was put American / English names on the 30% of players who stubbornly switched to Cuba, Venezula, Dominican, etc...

Having discovered that names have no affect on national origin, next, I edited the nations to put Cuba, Venezula, and the Dominican Republic on continent number 2, hoping that moving them away from the USA would lead to fewer foreign players. Hey, I'm desparate here.

That didn't really work either. As it is, after all this, I have dramatically lowered the number of foreign players generated in "randomize names." I am now between 25-33%. On 18 pages of MLB players I will have 12 from the USA. It's the same ratio in AAA, AA, and A. But that's still way too many! And for some crazy reason, the number INCREASES each time I "randomize names" within a given league. So by the third or fourth time, less than 50% of my players would be from America.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by jar2574; 07-18-2007 at 04:07 PM.
jar2574 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 04:30 PM   #2
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

You have also set your "Posting About This" frequency to 200%
Old 07-18-2007, 04:48 PM   #3
jar2574
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriqjaffe View Post
You have also set your "Posting About This" frequency to 200%
Yes, thank you. I did that because I wasn't sure if the Mod section saw that much action. I reposted on the main forum after I had second thoughts.

I had never used this section before. Now I see that responses come rolling right in.

Last edited by jar2574; 07-18-2007 at 04:50 PM.
jar2574 is offline   Reply With Quote