Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team > PT Bug Reports Forum

PT Bug Reports Forum Have a Perfect Team bug to report? Please post here.

Old 02-18-2019, 12:17 PM   #1
2002halos
Minors (Triple A)

Active Players deactivated at start of season

Even though he's been on my team for 5 season now, Nap Lajoie is not on my Active Roster at the start of each season. I have to remember to go in to my Manage Cards screen and activate him or else he doesn't play until I do.

Now on a second team, I acquired Scott Rolen last season, and the same thing happened on that team... at the start of this new season his card was inactive and my roster had just 24 players. Again, I had to go to Manage Cards and activate him.

I guess I'm glad the AI doesn't automatically put someone else in their spots... the lineup holes are glaring and easy to notice. But still, this is a pretty bad bug. You shouldn't have to repeatedly add someone to your roster every season.
2002halos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 09:58 AM   #2
2002halos
Minors (Triple A)

This season I'm up to 3 players on one team that are deactivated at the start of the season, leaving an active roster of just 22 players, and 1 card on a second team, leaving 24.

OOTP is an amazing piece of software with what, almost two decades of building to achieve it?

But this PT implementation, while extremely promising, is rapidly going from very fun to very disappointing.

Now I recognize that you had to release to find all the bugs and that the amazing new income stream should help with future improvements. And I'm a part owner of a software company, so I get that there are priorities and that everything takes longer than you wish it would.

But can you at least communicate with us?

I see a lot of posts in this Bug Report section that haven't been commented on by OOTP staff. Or have one or two comments with no follow up when further questions are asked.
Old 02-25-2019, 10:06 AM   #3
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Yes, this sometimes happens, but unfortunately we have not figured out why, it seems to have to do with how & when a certain card was acquired.

Do you play PT on more than one computer?

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 02-25-2019 at 10:10 AM.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 10:39 AM   #4
landy2100
Bat Boy

This is also happening to me with cards I acquired over a long period of time. My Anthony rizzo card I've had for several weeks is deactivated every time as is my jose altuve who I just got this week. I pulled them both from packs and do not play PT on more than one computer
landy2100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 11:04 AM   #5
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Good news, I was able to finally track this down! So, next Monday this will no longer happen. At least I hope so!
Old 03-03-2019, 07:40 PM   #6
2002halos
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Good news, I was able to finally track this down! So, next Monday this will no longer happen. At least I hope so!
Thanks! That one was really frustrating.

Despite the little frustrations here and there, Markus, you and your team have really built an amazing product, when viewed as a whole. People are impressed by the rewards you are receiving now, and perhaps some are envious. But I wonder how many realize the years of hard work that went into creating this epic achievement in software design. You deserve every benefit you have gained from this effort!

Eternal thanks for the hours of entertainment you have delivered!
Old 03-04-2019, 08:02 AM   #7
2002halos
Minors (Triple A)

I can confirm it did not happen this morning.

Issue solved!

Thanks again!
Old 03-04-2019, 09:09 AM   #8
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002halos View Post
I can confirm it did not happen this morning.

Issue solved!

Thanks again!
Lucky you! I did happen for my team I think it has to do with the number of players on the reserve roster. Anything above 130 can cause problems in this regard. So, it's always wise to keep the number of players on the reserve roster below that.

Edit: Ok, finally found it for all cases. Will be okay now...

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 03-04-2019 at 09:22 AM.
Old 03-04-2019, 10:10 AM   #9
RickenG
Minors (Rookie Ball)

It happened to me also this morning-two rostered players deactivated. I have 170 players on the reserve roster so that could be contributing, but I don't want to lose historical stats by deactivating. However, I noticed that the two rostered players that were deactivated through the bug did not lose their historical stats, so that was good.
RickenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 10:35 AM   #10
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickenG View Post
It happened to me also this morning-two rostered players deactivated. I have 170 players on the reserve roster so that could be contributing, but I don't want to lose historical stats by deactivating. However, I noticed that the two rostered players that were deactivated through the bug did not lose their historical stats, so that was good.
Yes. You will not lose the historical stats by the way. I need to edit that warning for OOTP 20.

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 03-04-2019 at 10:37 AM.