Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 01-09-2019, 01:43 PM   #1
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Is there a way to deactivate a team

Is there a way to quit Perfect Team? Is there somewhere I can go that allows me to say, hey, I'm done, don't put my team in a new league Monday morning?
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 01:53 PM   #2
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

As far as I know, nope, this is not possible.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 01:55 PM   #3
eldur00
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
Is there a way to quit Perfect Team? Is there somewhere I can go that allows me to say, hey, I'm done, don't put my team in a new league Monday morning?

Devs have said quite a few times they don't want to do that in case you were to want to come back to your team in the future, it would still be there for you with some PT points to spend as well.
eldur00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 01:57 PM   #4
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

[QUOTE=Westheim;4416407]As far as I know, nope, this is not possible.[/QUOTE

Okay, thanks. Kind of feel guilty just letting a team wither into oblivion.
Old 01-09-2019, 02:01 PM   #5
Maddox
All Star Reserve

As long as it is a reasonable team in a reasonable division it will provide a decent opponent for some.

The will be many teams withering when the next version comes out. We will all move on to the new version but the current teams will continue simulating on.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 02:55 PM   #6
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

If you want to be nice to the rest of the player base, set the team up in the most competitive way possible before you leave. It will be a good/fair opponent for those that play on.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 03:05 PM   #7
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
If you want to be nice to the rest of the player base, set the team up in the most competitive way possible before you leave. It will be a good/fair opponent for those that play on.
I might hang on a little longer. I'm just having trouble wrapping my head around player performance. I think I made the mistake of thinking players will perform like they do in historical leagues/random debut. Instead, I get a guys like George Springer, Johnny Mize and Rocky Colavito that hit sub .200 with little to no power. Denny McLain is a sub .500 pitcher that never has an ERA below 5. I'm guessing these are fictional players named after real players. The whole thing reminds me why I haven't finished a MLB quickstart season in years. Maybe it's my video card causing the problem.

Last edited by David Watts; 01-09-2019 at 03:12 PM.
Old 01-09-2019, 04:32 PM   #8
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
I might hang on a little longer. I'm just having trouble wrapping my head around player performance. I think I made the mistake of thinking players will perform like they do in historical leagues/random debut. Instead, I get a guys like George Springer, Johnny Mize and Rocky Colavito that hit sub .200 with little to no power. Denny McLain is a sub .500 pitcher that never has an ERA below 5. I'm guessing these are fictional players named after real players. The whole thing reminds me why I haven't finished a MLB quickstart season in years. Maybe it's my video card causing the problem.
They are supposed to be based on the actual players but a few thinsg come to mind

1. They are essentially playing against all star teams every game
2. The variance engine seems to allow for very huge swings.

I benched Chipper Jones earlier in the season because he was hitting well below 200 after the first month of the season. This is a player who had a lifetime .303 BA, a 401 OBP and a .521 slug and he could not seem to get himself above .200

My Gold Stan Musial started out the first two months of this season hitting 100 points lower than his lifetime average. at around .220

I am all for variance but nobody spends the points on a Hall of Famer like Jones or Musial to see them perform at the plate worse than 2018 bronze and silver cards.
Old 01-09-2019, 04:56 PM   #9
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddox View Post
They are supposed to be based on the actual players but a few thinsg come to mind

1. They are essentially playing against all star teams every game
2. The variance engine seems to allow for very huge swings.

I benched Chipper Jones earlier in the season because he was hitting well below 200 after the first month of the season. This is a player who had a lifetime .303 BA, a 401 OBP and a .521 slug and he could not seem to get himself above .200

My Gold Stan Musial started out the first two months of this season hitting 100 points lower than his lifetime average. at around .220

I am all for variance but nobody spends the points on a Hall of Famer like Jones or Musial to see them perform at the plate worse than 2018 bronze and silver cards.
I'm in and probably always will be, a bronze league. Not facing all-stars. If I do get a player that performs well, all I have to do is wait a season and he will stink so bad I have to shut my computer off for an hour or more and open a window.
Old 01-09-2019, 05:11 PM   #10
Maddox
All Star Reserve

I was thinking about it and think it would be cool to have limited resets. Once a month or even two months allow us to reset the team. That would mean losing everything (players, points - both earned and purchased, records, everything) and starting over with 6 new fresh packs.

I started a third team before I came to work today and am more excited about going home to try and build that team than my main two teams.

There are definitely pretty big hurdles that would have to be cleared to make it work though.

Lets face it some players just like the team building process and that process stalls when you start getting to higher levels and the cost to make upgrades becomes too great. I could sub in all scrubs and sell all my main players and restart that way but I am afraid it would be seen as tanking as opposed to manually resetting your team to go through the building process again.
Old 01-09-2019, 05:24 PM   #11
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I was thinking about it and think it would be cool to have limited resets. Once a month or even two months allow us to reset the team. That would mean losing everything (players, points - both earned and purchased, records, everything) and starting over with 6 new fresh packs.

I started a third team before I came to work today and am more excited about going home to try and build that team than my main two teams.

There are definitely pretty big hurdles that would have to be cleared to make it work though.

Lets face it some players just like the team building process and that process stalls when you start getting to higher levels and the cost to make upgrades becomes too great. I could sub in all scrubs and sell all my main players and restart that way but I am afraid it would be seen as tanking as opposed to manually resetting your team to go through the building process again.
I would enjoy the team building process, but I find it silly that players don't perform according to their real life abilities. I love OOTP historical/random debut. PT players don't perform like historical players. They perform like fictional players using real player names.
Old 01-09-2019, 05:24 PM   #12
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:

I've made that suggestion in the suggestion thread.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 05:32 PM   #13
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrog2000 View Post
I've made that suggestion in the suggestion thread.
It's probably a bigger headache than any of us realize. It could play havoc with promotion/relegation
Old 01-09-2019, 05:42 PM   #14
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
It's probably a bigger headache than any of us realize. It could play havoc with promotion/relegation
It would definitely have to be done between seasons.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 06:15 PM   #15
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So I lose all of the money I spent after a month? I don't think so.
Old 01-09-2019, 06:24 PM   #16
eldur00
All Star Reserve

Quote:

I believe his suggestion is to make it an option to the player, not something that is mandatory that happens every month.

The suggestion actually makes a lot of sense. Some people (new players, for example) might realize they want to go a completely different route with their team without having to juggle between 3 different teams. By making it something you can only do once a month or every other month, you also prevent people to just restart until they get a coveted gold in their starter pack.
eldur00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 06:24 PM   #17
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Then you would not reset.

It would be a choice and not one to be taken lightly.
Old 01-09-2019, 06:54 PM   #18
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldur00 View Post
I believe his suggestion is to make it an option to the player, not something that is mandatory that happens every month.
Ok, I didn't read anything in the post about it being optional.
Old 01-09-2019, 07:06 PM   #19
freedavebrown
Minors (Double A)

I like the idea of being able to reset. This could also be accomplished by just letting you permanently delete an account so that you can start a new one under your license.

In theory you could just sell all your cards and buy new packs but that doesnt really work because you would have to buy scrubs to fill positions etc as you sold everything off and you would not be guaranteed to get a full team like you are in starter packs.
freedavebrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 05:11 PM   #20
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I was thinking about it and think it would be cool to have limited resets. Once a month or even two months allow us to reset the team.
Quote:
Ok, I didn't read anything in the post about it being optional.
It was implied by the phrase "allow us" which means that it would be our choice and not a forced reset. I would never be in favor of a forced reset.