Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 24 > OOTP 24 - General Discussions

OOTP 24 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new 2023 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB, the MLBPA and the KBO.

Old 10-28-2023, 01:45 PM   #1
Dutch Alexander
All Star Reserve

No scouting discoveries since last update (24.10.82)

I noticed that the International complex of most teams in my fictional league are pretty empty. Looking at my own complex it seems no new dicoveries have been made since the beginning of the offseason 2025. I'm now in May 2027. Discoveries are set to 16 per team per year. I never noticed not receiving emails regarding new discoveries.

I updated the game to 24.10.82 at the beginning of the offseason 2025. Made no changes to settings so it seems it has to do with this update. Bug? Can anybody confirm or deny that there are no more international scouting discoveries since the last update? To be clear I skipped 2 or 3 updates before 24.10.82 so it may not be that specific update.

Last edited by Dutch Alexander; 10-28-2023 at 02:11 PM.
Dutch Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 02:09 PM   #2
Dutch Alexander
All Star Reserve

These are my settings. International Scouting Discoveries set to Alot (16 per year). Yet no team has made any discoveries for more than a year. Don't think there is another setting to influence these discoveries?

IAFA and International Established Free Agents have been generated as before since the update. Only International Scouting Discoveries have stopped being generated.
Seems like a bug?
Attached Images

Last edited by Dutch Alexander; 10-28-2023 at 02:11 PM.
Old 10-29-2023, 03:12 AM   #3
redranger
All Star Reserve

I have the previous update. I think the .80. I am still receiving int complex on this update. I have not loaded the .82 so if it is, it sounds like it may be the .82

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
redranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 06:04 AM   #4
Dutch Alexander
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by redranger View Post
I have the previous update. I think the .80. I am still receiving int complex on this update. I have not loaded the .82 so if it is, it sounds like it may be the .82
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, seems like the last update.

Looking further at my league scouting discoveries have not completely stopped. The 32 total teams in my league(s) have made a combined 30 discoveries in 2026 and 11 in 2027 (5+ months). With 16 discoveries per team per year that should have been 500+ in 2026 and around 250 in 2027. Seems something was changed in the last update reducing the scouting discoveries. I will wait with filing a bug report until I receive some confirmation from others seeing the same thing to make sure it is not somehow related to my league.
Old 10-29-2023, 09:37 AM   #5
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

If there is an issue, it's because the game couldn't create an "international" player. If none of the allowed international countries are eligible for the league, for example. Or it could be if none of the countries in the international list differ from the default origin countries, we may skip in those cases too.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 10:18 AM   #6
Dutch Alexander
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
If there is an issue, it's because the game couldn't create an "international" player. If none of the allowed international countries are eligible for the league, for example. Or it could be if none of the countries in the international list differ from the default origin countries, we may skip in those cases too.
I noticed that all discoveries are foreign players. I use the Complex in my game more as an Domestic Youth System with 93% of discoveries being domestic. So the issue is that there have been no more domestic discoveries since the update. With only 7% being foreign players the low ammount of discoveries adds up. Was something changed since in the update to prevent domestic players from being created as International Scouting Discoveries? Is this intended or by mistake?
Old 10-29-2023, 10:52 AM   #7
Dutch Alexander
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Or it could be if none of the countries in the international list differ from the default origin countries, we may skip in those cases too.
Read it again and this would explain why no domestic discoveries are created. That is not good, that completely kills my entire league. Was this changed in the last update? Everything worked normal before and has for years. Why was this change made? What is the issue with having discoveries from the origin countries? If you don't want that you can simply not select that country. I see that IAFA and Established International FA from origin country have still been created in my game since the update. So only Scouting Discoveries are affected? Well, deary me.

Last edited by Dutch Alexander; 10-29-2023 at 02:29 PM.
Old 10-29-2023, 01:16 PM   #8
Dutch Alexander
All Star Reserve

Quote:
if none of the countries in the international list differ from the default origin countries, we may skip in those cases too.
Just to confirm Matt. This skipping of players from origin countries is new since the last update, correct? Because this certainly did not happen until very recently.
Old 10-29-2023, 04:57 PM   #9
venflaalachi
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Alexander View Post
Just to confirm Matt. This skipping of players from origin countries is new since the last update, correct? Because this certainly did not happen until very recently.
I’m with you that I don’t like this change that much, if it was changed. Worked just fine the way before.
venflaalachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 07:40 PM   #10
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

There were some reasons to change and clean it up. I believe in some cases, it was breaking in not finding eligible countries to use.

That being said, I think we fixed some parts of it that it should allow them, as long as it can find a valid country. I believe it basically takes the list of nations selected in the editor, and removes the ones that are eligible for the draft, and then will choose from the rest. If you don't have a draft enabled, then it should be able to pull in domestic finds as well.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2023, 02:18 AM   #11
Dutch Alexander
All Star Reserve

Quote:
If you don't have a draft enabled, then it should be able to pull in domestic finds as well.
In my league I do not have a draft enabled, I use the scouting finds as the main source of talent influx, hence the large percentage of domestic scouting finds. This worked until very recently. So now, with no draft enabled, domestic finds are no longer created. When I change the origin country of my leagues, then the scouting finds are created again. So right now the game will not create scouting finds from the origin country.
Old 10-31-2023, 02:46 PM   #12
zappa1
All Star Starter

Is this the final update for this version?
zappa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 02:02 AM   #13
dannymac420
Bat Boy

Any update to this? Tried starting a league in 1800 with new players only being scouting discoveries, but it won’t generate players from my league country which kind of breaks my game :/
dannymac420 is offline   Reply With Quote