Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 10-17-2018, 05:13 PM   #1
Antmf
Minors (Single A)

Playing as a GM question on batting order?

I know as a gm I can force a player to play but say I have a SS who has a much better OBP then the lead off hitter who is a CF. Is there anyway for me as a GM to get that player to lead off?

Also I have to get rid of Martin Prado way to expensive and he is getting old I tried to shop player around but no bites what is your advice on how to get rid of him so I can pick up a bullpen RP or SP because we need that bad. Marlins... BTW...

Last edited by Antmf; 10-17-2018 at 05:42 PM.
Antmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 06:40 PM   #2
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

game/global settings -- look for somthing aking to GM legacy mode... think it looks a bit different than past releases, but it's in that area for sure. not should explain it allows control over lineups and depth charts as a GM, even with a controlling coach.

if he is serviceable, you might get a decent RP in return... otherwise as a component of a multi-player trade based on team needs of other team etc... if useless in all ways, maybe a comp pick? otherwise get rid of any way possible.

look for an RP with at least 1 great pitch, serviceable control and above average movement (or history of decent hr/9). better luck with someone rotting in minors than someone with ML experience.

Last edited by NoOne; 10-18-2018 at 06:44 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 06:59 PM   #3
Antmf
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
game/global settings -- look for somthing aking to GM legacy mode... think it looks a bit different than past releases, but it's in that area for sure. not should explain it allows control over lineups and depth charts as a GM, even with a controlling coach.

if he is serviceable, you might get a decent RP in return... otherwise as a component of a multi-player trade based on team needs of other team etc... if useless in all ways, maybe a comp pick? otherwise get rid of any way possible.

look for an RP with at least 1 great pitch, serviceable control and above average movement (or history of decent hr/9). better luck with someone rotting in minors than someone with ML experience.
How can I tell if he is serviceable? I have tried shopr player with even 1 other player and nothing. So I have no idea how or which is best way to ditch him so I don't waste all that cash and can use it for a RP or SP...
Antmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 03:16 AM   #4
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

they've improved shop from what i understand, so that's a bad sign so far.

make a filter for potential abilities or current, if mlb target, and sift for a few good prospects/players and see what it takes... one that has a weakness for his position and a gm that prefers his 'type' - veteran and w/e other qualities that fit that gm. or, pay more for the prefered player... no rules written in stone of course.

is prado significantly worse than current starter? platoon option? in meantime if he's useable that allows you to be a bit more selective/patient on trading.

if he's low quality, an RP is your best hope. even that may take a package and he may be the weakest link plus some money on occasion. the value in trading him is he payroll he frees up as much as what you get in return. in his case, maybe much more.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote