Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 03-28-2017, 02:42 PM   #81
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewelar View Post
I believe this is where I need to report this: Orlando Arcia is listed in the database as Dominican instead of Venezuelan.
Fixed
Old 03-29-2017, 03:33 AM   #82
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

Not 100% sure that goes there but... Can you fix the historical database to stop the creation of players named "ballplayer XYZ" in the draft pool. It's annoying to delete manually hundreds of them (you can't mass delete, you must go one by one) before the draft since they are fictional players.

At least they were always created in 1915, no idea if that stop in the future...

Last edited by AESP_pres; 03-29-2017 at 03:51 AM.
AESP_pres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 03:44 AM   #83
Echidna
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
A few builds ago either 0 players imported in 1871 for the draft or several thousand fictional players did so OOTP is gaining on this. I'll take a look at Steve today.

He is Cuban. Do you have the Color Barrier on?
Thank you sir. That was indeed the problem. If I turn the barrier off so that Bellan imports do you have a suggestion on when it should be turned back on so that a historical replay does match real life? Are there other Cuban players in the early years that could cause a repeat of this problem?
Echidna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 07:04 AM   #84
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by AESP_pres View Post
Not 100% sure that goes there but... Can you fix the historical database to stop the creation of players named "ballplayer XYZ" in the draft pool. It's annoying to delete manually hundreds of them (you can't mass delete, you must go one by one) before the draft since they are fictional players.

At least they were always created in 1915, no idea if that stop in the future...
They are NOT fictional. They are real players with unknown first names.

Every year a few more of them get real first names. Between 17 and 18 about 60 "Ballplayers" got first names.

Last edited by Spritze; 03-29-2017 at 10:25 AM.
Spritze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 07:45 AM   #85
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echidna View Post
Thank you sir. That was indeed the problem. If I turn the barrier off so that Bellan imports do you have a suggestion on when it should be turned back on so that a historical replay does match real life? Are there other Cuban players in the early years that could cause a repeat of this problem? Yes, many
Markus is looking in to fixing this. It started out that Hispanics were available on both sides of the color barrier. Then it got turned off due to a beta test complaint based on the testers ignorance of history. I have asked that the "fix" be undone.
Old 03-29-2017, 01:13 PM   #86
dewelar
Minors (Triple A)

Didi Gregorius is showing up as from the US instead of the Netherlands.

Also, Brian Goodwin doesn't seem to be in the major league version of the database -- I can only import him using his MiLB ID.
dewelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 01:54 PM   #87
ZMan
Minors (Double A)

Two ID errors in importing the 2016 season mlb rosters:

1) Chris Smith (smithch08) is not being properly imported: Instead, Chad Smith (smithch09) is being imported with Chris Smith's 2016 stat line.

2) Jerome Williams (willije01) is not being properly imported. Jeff Williams (willije02) is coming in instead (and as I recall, I think this was an error that occurred last year too). Again, Jeff has been assigned Jerome's 2016 stat line.
ZMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 04:12 PM   #88
Levistus
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Tony Thebo, career Texas League light hitting outfielder who in multiple runs on my historical campaign has popped up in the 1903 draft as a ridiculously good pitcher:

He's always about this good, some variance on MOV & CON but the Stuff is always Pedro-esque. It's semi-game breaking during the deadball era.
Old 03-29-2017, 06:28 PM   #89
swampdragon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Markus is looking in to fixing this. It started out that Hispanics were available on both sides of the color barrier. Then it got turned off due to a beta test complaint based on the testers ignorance of history. I have asked that the "fix" be undone.
Putting Hispanics on the other side of the color barrier doesn't work well. There are just too many real life exceptions who played in the majors. There's also 1884 to consider.
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies." -- C.S. Lewis
swampdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 07:10 PM   #90
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewelar View Post
Didi Gregorius is showing up as from the US instead of the Netherlands.

Also, Brian Goodwin doesn't seem to be in the major league version of the database -- I can only import him using his MiLB ID.
Fixed
Old 03-29-2017, 07:14 PM   #91
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMan View Post
Two ID errors in importing the 2016 season mlb rosters:

1) Chris Smith (smithch08) is not being properly imported: Instead, Chad Smith (smithch09) is being imported with Chris Smith's 2016 stat line.

2) Jerome Williams (willije01) is not being properly imported. Jeff Williams (willije02) is coming in instead (and as I recall, I think this was an error that occurred last year too). Again, Jeff has been assigned Jerome's 2016 stat line.
If this is still happening in a new year it is ID in the Master that is incorrect not the stat ID.
Old 03-29-2017, 07:17 PM   #92
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levistus View Post
Tony Thebo, career Texas League light hitting outfielder who in multiple runs on my historical campaign has popped up in the 1903 draft as a ridiculously good pitcher:

He's always about this good, some variance on MOV & CON but the Stuff is always Pedro-esque. It's semi-game breaking during the deadball era.
In 1903 and 1904 Thebo was a good pitcher until his arm fell off
Old 03-29-2017, 09:10 PM   #93
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

I will be away for 10 days but keep posting and I will fix everything you post upon my return.
Old 03-30-2017, 01:44 AM   #94
Supermercado
Minors (Triple A)

Jim Cuthbert (cuthbe001jam) has rel life stats for 1908 that show him with the exact same stat line for two different clubs (140 games, 139 starts, 577 plate appearances etc...) which means he's shown as having 280 games etc.. for the season.

While we're on it, does anyone know why select MLB history players often show up as free agents with their past real life stats showing up under batting/pitching stats.

For instance, in my fictional historical league which runs parallel to MLB an Orval Overall turned up as a free agent after the 1906 draft with nothing in his history file to show that he'd previously been drafted, signed or anything in game. I checked his stats to work out who he was and he was showing 1905 stats for Cincinnati in the MLB. When I checked his real life stats they were the exact same stats as were shown as his in-game stats for a season he didn't really play (and they were the same as his BR stats - http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...veraor01.shtml)

He has a historical minors ID (overal001orv) as well as a majors ID (overaor01) and played a real life season in the minors in 1904, but shouldn't this mean he was available in the draft for 1904 instead of just randomly appearing at end 1906?

Update: Also noticed that with these players it does weird things with their 'real life' stats. For instance here this player has stats for a fictional team in a fictional league for 1908 in September 1907.

Update 2: Could the weird stats crossover be down to using the same team name/code as a previous major league and future minor league side?

Last edited by Supermercado; 03-30-2017 at 04:44 PM.
Supermercado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 01:58 PM   #95
MightyVotto
Minors (Double A)

Jay Bruce begins 2016 on the Mets roster. He should begin with the Reds. He was traded to the Mets around the trade deadline. The historical transaction list shows 8/1 for when the trade happened.
MightyVotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 09:57 PM   #96
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Hello Sir Spritze, hope your "Vitamin D Overdose" of the other day is calming down a bit. You asked me to let you know about gap seasons for players Neutralized Stats (outside of all of the 2016 players that you talked about) a few days ago, so here's my first batch. I know you're not back for a while, but I'm getting to it while I can...

- Robert Andino (andinro01): missing 2014 and 2015 Neutered Batting Stats, and 2015 Neutered Fielding Stats
- George Archie (archige01): missing 1938 Neutered Fielding Stats
- Rafael Batista (batisra01): missing 1975 Neutered Fielding Stats
- Joe Benson (bensojo01): has superfluous 2014 Neutered Fielding Stats (may want to leave them in just in case, but so far he only played in 2011)
- Lena Blackburne (blackle01): missing 1927 Neutered Fielding Stats
- George Brett (brettge01): missing 1991 and 1993 Neutered Fielding Stats
- Bill Buckner (bucknbi01): missing 1969 Neutered Fielding Stats
- Robinson Cancel (cancero01): missing 2000-2007, 2009, and 2010 Neutered Fielding Stats
- Joel Carreno (carrejo01): has superfluous 2014 Neutered Fielding Stats (may want to leave them in just in case, but so far he only played from 2011-2012)
- Bob Cerv (cervbo01): missing 1953 Neutered Fielding Stats
- Gustavo Chacin (chacigu01): missing 2008, 2009 Neutered Fielding Stats
- Gene Clines (clinege01): missing 1979 Neutered Fielding Stats
- Eddie Collins Sr. (collied01): missing 1929, 1930 Neutered Fielding Stats
- Jarred Cosart (cosarja01): missing 2013 Neutered Fielding Stats
- Glenn Crawford (crawfgl01): missing 1946 Neutered Fielding Stats
- Rhiner Cruz (cruzrh01): has superfluous 2014 Neutered Fielding Stats (may want to leave them in just in case, but so far has only played in 2012, and 2013)

As you can see, all but one of these issues is with the Neutered Fielding Stats, so they could be the area to focus on. I'll keep tracking them down if you keep squishing them. Also, is this format OK or would you prefer them in a spreadsheet or some other form? Lemme know and I'll see what I can do. For my games right now if I find one of these I guys, I just substitute with his counterpart from the SpritzeHSforOOTP17 database, and they seem to do fine as a replacement as that database is pretty much impeccable (but only runs up to 2015).

Last edited by actionjackson; 04-01-2017 at 10:32 PM.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 11:55 PM   #97
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Spreadsheet is best
Old 04-02-2017, 12:33 AM   #98
Huckleberry
All Star Reserve

Minor detail but this guy may be my favorite player from the distant past and being a Texan I have to say something. Tris Speaker imports as being born in Hubbard, Ohio while he was actually born in Hubbard, Texas. I would guess this is in the database but if not please ignore. I actually noticed this in OOTP17 but forgot to post about it.
Huckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 12:34 AM   #99
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Spreadsheet is best
Will do. I'll upload it to this thread when it reaches the max allowable size for attachments, which I think is 1.0 MB for .xls files. Actually do you want it as .xls or .csv or does it matter?
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 06:34 AM   #100
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

No matter