Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - New to the Game?

OOTP 16 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 08-15-2015, 05:36 PM   #41
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Mgr View Post
OK, explain to me development

I've got Chris Archer SP. Top 8 in the AL in W's, ERA, starts, H/9, K's, K/9 & OBA.both drop half a star.

What up wit dat?

And his Ovr & Pot b
OVR and POT are relative to the universe you create. You want to look at their specific ratings to see if there is movement there. Check Stuff/Mov/Control, stamina and other ratings to see if they dropped. If so then there is a ecline, if not then he was passed up in relative talent by another player in the universe, he still has the same abilities. There is/are just better player(s) now.
Hope that makes sense.
It is common for a drop in OVR/POT when there is no drop in ratings.
Old 08-16-2015, 03:06 PM   #42
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by battists View Post
Don't worry about the stars. If your player is playing well, that's all that matters.
That's one thing I've noticed about this game.

I'm concerned about contract negotiations in the future. I assume the stars would let me know the player has an upside or not. Thus whether I should keep him, give in to his contract demands, cut bait, etc. It appears I cannot use that as a guide.
Cobra Mgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 03:32 PM   #43
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That's one thing I've noticed about this game.

I'm concerned about contract negotiations in the future. I assume the stars would let me know the player has an upside or not. Thus whether I should keep him, give in to his contract demands, cut bait, etc. It appears I cannot use that as a guide.
Sure you can, they just do not tell the entire story. This mentality is where I start when dealing with contracts, it is not where I end though.
Old 08-17-2015, 04:46 PM   #44
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

These players the scout keeps putting in my Int'l complex....am I supposed to be doing something with them? All of them suck.
Old 08-17-2015, 06:46 PM   #45
battists
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
These players the scout keeps putting in my Int'l complex....am I supposed to be doing something with them? All of them suck.

Usually they will stay there until they are 18 or so, at which point you put them on one of your rosters (or cut them if they suck)....
Old 08-17-2015, 09:43 PM   #46
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
They usually do, it is a mirror of real life.
Old 08-18-2015, 11:52 PM   #47
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGH-Adfabre View Post
They usually do, it is a mirror of real life.
It's kind of irksome though when you get an email from your scout saying this guy might be worth a look. Then you read the scouting report & he says don't even bother.

Y R U BOTHERING ME??!??!!?!!
Old 08-19-2015, 10:15 AM   #48
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It's kind of irksome though when you get an email from your scout saying this guy might be worth a look. Then you read the scouting report & he says don't even bother.

Y R U BOTHERING ME??!??!!?!!
Agreed, there are part of reality I do not want simulated.
Old 08-21-2015, 11:35 PM   #49
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

What purpose does asking the scout director for a report on a player serve? It seems it's the same info available without asking him for a report. And what benefit comes from having a high class one?
Old 09-01-2015, 05:17 PM   #50
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What purpose does asking the scout director for a report on a player serve? It seems it's the same info available without asking him for a report. And what benefit comes from having a high class one?
Didn't get an answer for the above yet.

Also, any thing I should know about spring training? Do you play everyone on your 40 man roster? Does it hurt or help development? Can it hurt or help development?
Old 09-01-2015, 05:36 PM   #51
battists
Hall Of Famer

Noob w/newbie questions

Regarding the scouts, some people have their leagues only generate scouting reports at the end of year. If you have your league set up that way, and you want to trade for a player, you might want to ask for a scouting report, so that you will have an updated report to look at when you decide whether to trade for that player or not. If your league scouts players monthly, there probably isn't much value in asking for an updated report.

Better scouts are likely to be more accurate over the long run, although of course just like real life, there isn't a great way to know which ones are the best scouts, so you really can only rely on reputation.

Players coming into spring-training have a certain amount of rust. So yes, you should definitely get all of your players some at-bats and some innings to pitch, to shake off that rust. Players also develop new skills the most quickly during spring training, so this is the ideal time to play a player at a new position if you want them to learn a different position.

Players who are getting playing time always develop more quickly than players who are not.

Last edited by battists; 09-01-2015 at 05:38 PM.
battists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 01:30 PM   #52
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Does popularity ever change? I've got a pitcher who won the Cy Young but he's still nationally unknown & insignificant locally. But I traded my injury-prone starting LF who has hit .227 in the last 2 years & my fan interest dropped.
Old 09-04-2015, 06:01 PM   #53
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Does popularity ever change? I've got a pitcher who won the Cy Young but he's still nationally unknown & insignificant locally. But I traded my injury-prone starting LF who has hit .227 in the last 2 years & my fan interest dropped.
It goes up eventually.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 09:59 PM   #54
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Do I need to hire an assistant GM or bench coach if I'm MGR & GM?

Can fan loyalty change?
Old 09-13-2015, 07:38 PM   #55
monkeystyxx
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Do I need to hire an assistant GM or bench coach if I'm MGR & GM?
The bench coach will be the guy tasked with managing the team in games that you sim (ie, the ones you don't take control of yourself). I'm not sure who's in charge if you don't hire one, probably whoever would make the better manager out of your PC and HC. If you play out every game yourself, you probably don't need one.

The assistant GM will take control of the things in the Team Control options that you don't want to deal with (minor league promotions/demotions, for instance). So, again, if you control all those things you don't need one. If you don't have one but don't control everything, not sure who does it. Presumably just Generic AI Guy.

Quote:
Can fan loyalty change?
Not sure. I defer to someone who knows more. I *think* so, but not sure. Very slowly, if it does.
monkeystyxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 09:00 PM   #56
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeystyxx View Post
The bench coach will be the guy tasked with managing the team in games that you sim (ie, the ones you don't take control of yourself). I'm not sure who's in charge if you don't hire one, probably whoever would make the better manager out of your PC and HC. If you play out every game yourself, you probably don't need one.

The assistant GM will take control of the things in the Team Control options that you don't want to deal with (minor league promotions/demotions, for instance). So, again, if you control all those things you don't need one. If you don't have one but don't control everything, not sure who does it. Presumably just Generic AI Guy.

Not sure. I defer to someone who knows more. I *think* so, but not sure. Very slowly, if it does.
Veeeeeerrrryyyyy ssssllllllllllooooooooooowwwwwwwww............You' d think it would budge after 3 straight playoff years & 1 WS title.
Old 09-13-2015, 10:29 PM   #57
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Loyalty is weird. It has some kind of multiplier. It is more complicated than just a straight bump up if you win and down if you lose.
You can win but make so many moves that loyalty takes a hit. Stability plays a role. You may have been behind the 8 ball and so the increase is really slow. Keep winning and try to keep the ML roster somewhat stable and you will eventually have an insane loyalty.
Old 09-14-2015, 12:23 AM   #58
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Loyalty is weird. It has some kind of multiplier. It is more complicated than just a straight bump up if you win and down if you lose.
You can win but make so many moves that loyalty takes a hit. Stability plays a role. You may have been behind the 8 ball and so the increase is really slow. Keep winning and try to keep the ML roster somewhat stable and you will eventually have an insane loyalty.
I moved the Rays to Raleigh, NC. So the loyalty was poor @ the start. Though the interest is now @ 98. I got more of a boost signing Y.Molina than winning the WS.

Last edited by Cobra Mgr; 09-14-2015 at 12:31 AM.
Old 09-14-2015, 02:06 AM   #59
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Fan Interest or Loyalty boost?
Are your season ticket sales increasing with each winning season?
Old 09-14-2015, 10:51 AM   #60
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Fan Interest or Loyalty boost?
Are your season ticket sales increasing with each winning season?
I know interest increases. I see that within a season. But I haven't seen loyalty increase going into my 4th one.

Oh yeah, I've seen increase in sales.